SIRVA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.7

Relocation Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SIRVA.

Interview

Email correspondence was initiated a little over a week after submitting an online application. A short and standard phone interview then followed. The next step is an in person interview that was less structured.

Interview Questions

• What was one learned outcome of a challenging project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SIRVA in November 2014.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me and tried to set up a time for a phone interview. We finally set up a date and time and then he never called. When I emailed him to follow-up he blamed it on another employee and didn't even apologize. By this point I had already realized what a joke this recruiter/company was but I went ahead and rescheduled a time for another phone interview. He called me ten minutes after our scheduled time and immediately told me that they were trying to fill the position by poaching someone from one of their competitors. I thought it was pretty bizarre that he would say that but he was entertaining so I stayed on the line. He then tried pushing me into a low-level position within the company that was located in a different state! I then ended the call and wished him the best of luck.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move to Illinois?   1 Answer

Interview

Standard questions involving background and how to handle different situations. They were keen on trying to use what I would call unethical tricks of the trade to handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't you choose a white person over a black person?   Answer Question

SIRVA Response

Aug 29, 2014Manager TA

At SIRVA we stride to provide the best candidate experience and we are sorry we missed the mark for you. With that being said, we have never nor would we ever ask questions about race. SIRVA is an ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA.

Interview

People were very friendly at their office, very welcoming. They (two managers from different departments) gave a much more detailed outlook of the position during the interview. Very open to questions. Be prepared to provide a minimum of 7 references before the interview at their office. This was something I found out about 1 day before the interview, after having confirmed in the beginning of the week for the interview.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any unexpected questions for the interview, they were very professional in finding out whether one is qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA (Fort Wayne, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

The first interview was from the HR through facetime, simply questions about former experience
    The Second interview was conducted by VP, going through experience very detailedly, very sensitive about numbers
    Now preparing for the third interview

Relocation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Interview

Phone and in-person interview. Pretty easy interview with standard interview questions. (Some STAR/behavioral interview questions). ***Was promised a yes/no by the end of the week and did not receive a yes or no and received no feedback. I contacted the recruiter for feedback but received no response. Very unprofessional.***

Meeting Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

As the recruiter was well versed, I had a good phone interview and moved onto an in-house second round being flown out. Culture was a big thing as well as knowledge/skill set. I really enjoyed the process but was only there for 2 hours thinking I would have more people to meet.

Interview Questions

• None really .. .it was straight forward and questions were 'tell me about a time ... etc etc"   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA.

Interview

The initial interview focused more on the basic skill-set questions, i.e. are proficient in Microsoft suite, etc. The 3 interviews that took place after were also skill-set questions. I guess they truly wanted you to hit the ground running once you get the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SIRVA.

Interview

A very long process. It took 3 phone interviews in order for me to get to the onsite interview. I met with 4 different people on the same day and took about 2 hours. A week later, I was offered the job and they sent me a formal letter with salary and benefits. The whole process took about 1.5 months.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Overall the process went smoothly and quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was satisfied at the end of the negotiations.