SIRVA

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.8

Relocation Consultant Interview

Standard questions involving background and how to handle different situations. They were keen on trying to use what I would call unethical tricks of the trade to handle different situations.

Interview Questions
    • Why wouldn't you choose a white person over a black person?   Answer Question

SIRVA Response

Aug 29, 2014Manager TA

At SIRVA we stride to provide the best candidate experience and we are sorry we missed the mark for you. With that being said, we have never nor would we ever ask questions about race. SIRVA is an ... More

International Relocation Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA.

People were very friendly at their office, very welcoming. They (two managers from different departments) gave a much more detailed outlook of the position during the interview. Very open to questions. Be prepared to provide a minimum of 7 references before the interview at their office. This was something I found out about 1 day before the interview, after having confirmed in the beginning of the week for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any unexpected questions for the interview, they were very professional in finding out whether one is qualified for the position.   View Answer

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA in April 2014.

The first interview was from the HR through facetime, simply questions about former experience
    The Second interview was conducted by VP, going through experience very detailedly, very sensitive about numbers
    Now preparing for the third interview

Relocation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Phone and in-person interview. Pretty easy interview with standard interview questions. (Some STAR/behavioral interview questions). ***Was promised a yes/no by the end of the week and did not receive a yes or no and received no feedback. I contacted the recruiter for feedback but received no response. Very unprofessional.***

Meeting Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA.

As the recruiter was well versed, I had a good phone interview and moved onto an in-house second round being flown out. Culture was a big thing as well as knowledge/skill set. I really enjoyed the process but was only there for 2 hours thinking I would have more people to meet.

Interview Questions
    • None really .. .it was straight forward and questions were 'tell me about a time ... etc etc"   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA.

The initial interview focused more on the basic skill-set questions, i.e. are proficient in Microsoft suite, etc. The 3 interviews that took place after were also skill-set questions. I guess they truly wanted you to hit the ground running once you get the position

N/A

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SIRVA.

A very long process. It took 3 phone interviews in order for me to get to the onsite interview. I met with 4 different people on the same day and took about 2 hours. A week later, I was offered the job and they sent me a formal letter with salary and benefits. The whole process took about 1.5 months.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA.

Overall the process went smoothly and quickly.

Interview Questions
    I was satisfied at the end of the negotiations.

Expense Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SIRVA.

I was actually working at this company through a temporary agency, in the beginning. While working there, I found out they were actually looking for a permanent employee position in the area in which I was temping. So, I applied and the manager interviewed me. The interview wasn't that long or in depth as I was actually already doing the job on a temporary basis.

Interview Questions
    The salary and benefits I was offered was well above the amount I was expecting.

Relocation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SIRVA in June 2011.

I went through 2 separate interviews with 2 managers each time. Each one asked similar questions. They want you to ask them a lot of questions as well. Know why you want to work for them and several strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project that you took the lead in and how you addressed anyone in the group who was not participating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.