SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Interview

Management

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview Details – Submit your resume online. Phone interview (technical/non-technical), on-site interview (panel), presentation, management interview. It's hard to find your way around SLAC, be sure they give you a map when your interview is scheduled.

Interview Question – They made me do a presentation. Not sure if all positions are required to do a presentation. Be ready to show how your experience maps to SLAC's need   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist
Menlo Park, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in July 2009.

Interview Details – Panel interview where I was questioned on my background, education, work experience and knowledge of FAR

Interview Question – Having to identify specific sections of the FAR and other government regulations in responses to questions.   View Answer

Finance Interview

Finance
Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then in person interviews - 3 months after applying online.

Interview Question – All situational/review of resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definitely negotiate, they definitely low-ball initial offers

Administrative Associate Planning Office Interview

Administrative Associate Planning Office

I applied online and interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview Details – interviewed with one. Person who seemed to think she was in charge of the process was rude, lacked knowledge and she was late. She told me no hire for the department would happen if she didn't like the candidate. I felt like I was interviewing for a high school club.

Interview Question – She asked me how I recovered from "blond moments"   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in April 2010.

Interview Details – The main office called me to come in for interview. There were 3 people I talked to. One supervisor, one management person, one Checker. The checker was the hard part with 5 questions about drafting. I got 3 out of 5 but I said I did not know the other 2 instead of guessing and they seemed to like that. All other questions were easy about where I worked before. You need to bring nice, pretty, clean and complete drawing examples of your work. ;-)

Interview Questions

• How do you show two surfaces to be flat to .002 in the same plan   View Answer
  • show one hole not thru with flat bottom.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating just one offer except or not.

Staff Scientist Interview

Staff Scientist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in October 2009.

Interview Details – It is a regular type of academic interview. Give a presentation on what you have done, answer questions, then go to lunch with your potential group members. In the afternoon, one on one interview with the group members. References and presentation performance are the key to succeed in the interview.

Interview Question – What will you do if you feel the current field is not promising?   Answer Question

Worked for SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!