SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

Engaged Employer

SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

Telephonic Interview. About 30 minutes HR interview. Went through the resume. Asked about projects. Why are you interested in the position. etc Telephonic Interview. About 30 minutes HR interview. Went through the resume. Asked about projects. Why are you interested in the position. etc

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

There was phone interview first, then onsite interview. After interview no response. After two months they asked to apply again for another post which was advertised after interview. All their advertisement are fake.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site interview and followed by on-site presentation. They ask specific questions. Interviewers are friendly and knowledgeable. They try to judge your knowledge and capability. They don't try to intimidate you or pressurize you. More interested in aptitude, skills and team work qualities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

My interview was by phone which was fine with me the position was for a one month contract. Two people interviewed me by phone. I enjoyed my interview process the way it was.

Interview Questions

• The questions where not difficult the where easy and if they where not and I asked them to repeat the questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no this position was through peak technical staffing working at slac

Accelerator Systems Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. The interview was very pleasant, and the interviewer seemed genuinely interested in my work. There weren't many classic interview questions; he mostly mentioned something I put on my resume and asked me all about it. Afterward I was told it'd be two weeks to finish the rest of the phone interviews, talk with references, and select candidates for on-site interviews. It's now been over 7 weeks, and the hiring manager hasn't returned any of my phone calls or emails attempting to follow-up with the position. I've just assumed at this point that I wasn't selected for an on-site interview, and the hiring manager isn't bothering to send me a, "I regret to inform you..." email. Maybe it's all for the better, since the reviews of management and working conditions at SLAC that I've read here on Glassdoor are somewhat appalling. Perhaps he just saved me from a terrible job.

Interview Questions

• None; very straight forward and he let me do most of the talking.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

Submit your resume online. Phone interview (technical/non-technical), on-site interview (panel), presentation, management interview. It's hard to find your way around SLAC, be sure they give you a map when your interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• They made me do a presentation. Not sure if all positions are required to do a presentation. Be ready to show how your experience maps to SLAC's need   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

First had an interview over the phone with one person. Then went thru a number of interviews with a few individuals and a group of engineers. Most of these were very technical. The atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. A lot of technical questions on my background and experience as well.

Negotiation

Negotiated 4 weeks of vacation from the start.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, then in person interviews - 3 months after applying online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate, they definitely low-ball initial offers

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Panel interview where I was questioned on my background, education, work experience and knowledge of FAR

Interview Questions

• Having to identify specific sections of the FAR and other government regulations in responses to questions.   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick. I recieved an email from one of the team asking if we could do a phone interview. That went pretty well and lasted for about half an hour. There was some pretty in depth technical questions around storage, networking, diagnostics and performance tuning. Second phone interview was with another team member and was more focused on storage and my experiences as a software engineer and what I could bring to the operations side of things.