Interviews for Top Jobs at SMART Business Advisory

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devon, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Business Advisory (Devon, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

Prior to the on-site interviews, I was screened by HR via a phone interview. Two weeks later, called into the office for the interview. Questions revolved around my prior work experience, MBA and my interest. Overall, great people to interview with. Interviews flowed very well since they were more like discussions. Extremely nice environment. Friendly interviewers. The only issue was that I was never told the exact position I was being interviewed for. However, on asking HR the names and positions of the interviewers, gave me some insight. Due to visa sponsorship concerns, I was not given an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Business Advisory (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I originally applied through my university's career services website as well as SMART's website and gave a resume to the recruiter at the career fair. I know that some applicants with higher GPAs did not get interviews because they hadn't made the personal connection through the career fair. I had a one on one interview with a recruiter, however I know that she was interviewing students at many schools for only one opening. I heard back within about 2.5 weeks that I was not invited to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you had a project and the scope changed?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SMART Business Advisory (Chicago, IL) in October 2007.

Interview

Not all that bad, really. Kind of botched it. She asked me questions like what kind of role I usually play in a team, what kinds of things i am looking for in a firm, how did I feel about the particular job. I guess I would just advise you to be prepared and have the answers to the most obvious answers ready.