SMART Technologies

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews

Education Solution Specialist Interview

Education Solution Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and one face to face interview. The process was very straight forward with clear detail provided prior to the interview. Most of the questions centered around my understanding of educational technology and its role in a k-12 classroom. There were also a number of questions regarding how I would handle various meetings with top level school officials.

Interview Question – Provided random scenario in working with a school division and asked how to handle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as the offer i received was good.

Very Easy Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SMART Technologies in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewers friendly, curteous, open and positive. This was probably the easiest interview I have ever had. The number one suggestion is to be relaxed and honest.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SMART Technologies in November 2009.

Interview Details – Their hiring process sucks.
Expect to stare at your own web camera like an idiot: they accept only online recorded interviews.
Questions were rather moronic.
I felt like I was applying to a news anchor position, not R&D.
 I complained to their HR about it and received a polite "if you don't like it, take a hike" response.
Well, their loss, I got hired by someone else, who actually took time to TALK to me.

Reason for Declining – I refused to continue with the hiring process because of the web cam interview setup.

Software Developer Internship Interview

Software Developer Internship
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SMART Technologies in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiter. Got an interview a week and a half after applying. Interviewer was great, very personable guy. There was one technical question, a couple of general questions about things he saw on my resume. Very good expierience overall. I followed up with a thank you and another question, and after a few back and forths he told me that they had chosen someone with some more expierience, however he said I did well in the interview and they would have been happy to hire me.

Interview Question – How would you design a search engine?   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at SMART Technologies in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through company website. First round of technical interview was about few object oriented concepts. They were tying to see your thought process. Technology did not matter. They were looking for problem solver and quick learners.

After a week, I had a second round of interview called the fit interview. It was more about talking about your previous work challenges. What kind of a work you like etc. I was presented two different teams to join with different technology involved. Both looked attractive posing different challenge, So I did not choose, I said that I am fine with both options.

Both the interviews were for 50 mins. Then I saw the company laid of lot of employees on the news in the next 10 days. Then I did not hear from them.

Interview Question – questions did not appear difficult to me. Due to the amount of my experience from a well known company, I guess they did not probe much and they focused on other aspects   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview Details – The company contacts the interviewees with Internship Coordinator. One interview, very easy questions. Focus on the skills used in the interviewer's team. Not a difficult interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just common questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SMART Technologies in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for a university co-op work term through the internet. Received a response about 1 week later.

Interview was very easy. Most questions were testing general aptitude for programming, testing, and problem solving with some questions. Will ask only questions about subject that he thinks you should understand. For example, the job description wants Python, but if Python is not on your cover letter or resume, it will not be mentioned. If something like C++ is on your cover letter, prepare to talk about it.

Interview Question – How would you make sure that your search engine is a good one?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SMART Technologies in August 2010.

Interview Details – Apply to jobs posted on the SMART web site.
HR calls your for a video interview that you pre-record and submit for asynchronous review. This is like a pre-screen interview.
HR calls you for an interview with the hiring manager.
HR calls you for a group interview with the team members - fit interview.
If all goes well, within the 2 months of initial HR contact, you'll be offered a job. No negotiations were permitted on the job offer.

Interview Question – Write some code.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SMART Technologies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR.

Brought in for a meeting with the IT manager and team lead.

Interview Question – What is your ideal manager?   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview Details – Phone screening
Phone Interview / Presentation
In Person interview / presentation

Interview Question – If your material doesn't make it to the customer site, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward - they offered what I asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SMART Technologies

Worked for SMART Technologies? Contribute to the Community!