SMART Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions

1.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at SMART Technologies in November 2012.

Applied through company website. First round of technical interview was about few object oriented concepts. They were tying to see your thought process. Technology did not matter. They were looking for problem solver and quick learners.

After a week, I had a second round of interview called the fit interview. It was more about talking about your previous work challenges. What kind of a work you like etc. I was presented two different teams to join with different technology involved. Both looked attractive posing different challenge, So I did not choose, I said that I am fine with both options.

Both the interviews were for 50 mins. Then I saw the company laid of lot of employees on the news in the next 10 days. Then I did not hear from them.

Interview Questions
  • questions did not appear difficult to me. Due to the amount of my experience from a well known company, I guess they did not probe much and they focused on other aspects   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SMART Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SMART Technologies in December 2009.

The interviewers friendly, curteous, open and positive. This was probably the easiest interview I have ever had. The number one suggestion is to be relaxed and honest.

Interview Questions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SMART Technologies in November 2009.

Their hiring process sucks.
    Expect to stare at your own web camera like an idiot: they accept only online recorded interviews.
    Questions were rather moronic.
    I felt like I was applying to a news anchor position, not R&D.
     I complained to their HR about it and received a polite "if you don't like it, take a hike" response.
    Well, their loss, I got hired by someone else, who actually took time to TALK to me.

I refused to continue with the hiring process because of the web cam interview setup.