SMART Technologies

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at SMART Technologies in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through company website. First round of technical interview was about few object oriented concepts. They were tying to see your thought process. Technology did not matter. They were looking for problem solver and quick learners.

After a week, I had a second round of interview called the fit interview. It was more about talking about your previous work challenges. What kind of a work you like etc. I was presented two different teams to join with different technology involved. Both looked attractive posing different challenge, So I did not choose, I said that I am fine with both options.

Both the interviews were for 50 mins. Then I saw the company laid of lot of employees on the news in the next 10 days. Then I did not hear from them.

Interview Question – questions did not appear difficult to me. Due to the amount of my experience from a well known company, I guess they did not probe much and they focused on other aspects   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SMART Technologies in November 2009.

Interview Details – Their hiring process sucks.
Expect to stare at your own web camera like an idiot: they accept only online recorded interviews.
Questions were rather moronic.
I felt like I was applying to a news anchor position, not R&D.
 I complained to their HR about it and received a polite "if you don't like it, take a hike" response.
Well, their loss, I got hired by someone else, who actually took time to TALK to me.

Reason for Declining – I refused to continue with the hiring process because of the web cam interview setup.

Very Easy Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SMART Technologies in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewers friendly, curteous, open and positive. This was probably the easiest interview I have ever had. The number one suggestion is to be relaxed and honest.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at SMART Technologies

Worked for SMART Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

SMART Technologies Videos

SMART Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Inspiring innovation SMART is defined by innovation and our desire to improve the way the world works and learns. And we’re defined by our customers – the teachers, students and business people who say that SMART has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SMART Technologies Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by SMART Technologies employees and interview candidates.