SMC Corporation

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SMC Corporation.

Initially meet with a Sales Manager who asks the standard HR type questions. If that Sales Manager likes you, he/she will set up a second interview with another Sales Manager or a Senior Account Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions that are asked are of the basic HR influenced variety. There isn't anything that will catch you off guard.   Answer Question
    Quick and easy. There is no negotiation. The offer is the offer, end of story.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at SMC Corporation in February 2014.

Had to travel up to Chicago for the interview. 3 questions out of an interview manual read by the branch manager. No tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. A quick, what is the worst situation scenario. A What is the best situation scenario and lastly a what have you done that made a customer really happy.   View Answer

Clueless about the industry management, wishy washy about expectations, didn't know who their competition is.

Inside Sales Support Representative/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SMC Corporation in January 2014.

Applied through Staffing agency on accident. Got interview with SMC..went great. Said they would contact me withing 1-3 weeks. I never heard back. I even called SMC and left VM's. Nothing. Complete disrespect to applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to overcome a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SMC Corporation.

Had a phone interview. Then an in person interview where I was asked all the HR questions. Then a third interview with the entire team I would work with.

Interview Questions
    • Just typical HR questions about how you perform under certain pressures and in specific types of situations.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SMC Corporation in August 2010.

Panel interview with situational questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. How do you handle a lot of tasks? Have you encountered group conflict? How was this resolved? Have you had to take the role of group leader? Have you failed to meet a deadline? Why? How did you handle it?

N/a

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at SMC Corporation in January 2010.

Four interviews. First a phone screening. Next an informal face to face with some team members. If accepted, one comes back for two more. Each gets more formal and rigid.

Interview Questions
    • Actually the whole process. SMC didn't dwell on technical prowess, instead the regimen is a behaviorial style geared toward either Sales or Factory worker.   View Answer
    Declined the first offer because they low balled me. They came back with what I was asking

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at SMC Corporation in November 2008.

good interview just the one

easy

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SMC Corporation in March 2008.

There were many personal questions on how I would handle a given situation. Not necessarily work situations, but the answers given could very well be able to glean some insight into how I think. It was an excellent interview and I was very comfortable with what I was asked.

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal with knowing that someone of my peers was stealing from the company, but not stealing anything company related?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interviewed offsite from the office over lunch for the initial interview. Then I was brought in for a more formal interview with three levels of management.

Interview Questions
    • Typical question to look for is how your past experience can be utilized to support you in your new role with the company.   Answer Question
    They initially played hardball on higher salary. Stick to you guns on what you want. The demand of the companies expectations will require the higher salary to make it worth while.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SMC Corporation in December 2011.

First step was an aptitude test followed by a technical test. Those who cleared those tests were called for a 1 to 1 technical interview which was followed by an HR interview the next day for shortlisted candidates. The results were declared in the afternoon on that day itself.

Interview Questions
    • How does the printf statement internally works? give detailed explaination from user space to kernel space in C prog in the context of linux.   Answer Question