SMC Corporation

SMC Corporation Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SMC Corporation in February 2015.

Submitted resume through their website and got a call in a few days which I missed. Spent over a week trying to get back in touch with them while they weren't returning my calls. Finally about two weeks later I received a call apologizing for not getting back to me but they wanted to set up an interview in the next week. Interview was structured with most of the focus being on the details of my resume. Asked standard canned questions when the person appeared to get irritated with my response and slammed his folder shut. Had a great second interview with the branch manager with all of the same questions. The communication from the beginning was spotty and sometimes felt border line unprofessional. Given my experience I would not have pursued this opportunity.

Other Interview Reviews for SMC Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at SMC Corporation in February 2014.

Had to travel up to Chicago for the interview. 3 questions out of an interview manual read by the branch manager. No tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. A quick, what is the worst situation scenario. A What is the best situation scenario and lastly a what have you done that made a customer really happy.   View Answer

Clueless about the industry management, wishy washy about expectations, didn't know who their competition is.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SMC Corporation in September 2010.

Initial interview was with local sales manager over the phone. We just talked about the position and if there was any interest. Then a week later the next interview was in person with both the local sales manager over and his boss, the branch manager. During this interview we discussed my current position, my territory and compensation plan at great length - at least four hours. Then after another week the branch manager and I meet in person and he made a formal offer pending I pass a drug test along with a background and driving review. I accepted and started the process for the drug test and reviews which took a few more weeks. Then I was approved and started working.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest accounts and dollar volume of sales st each?   View Answer
    They knew what I was making and offered a very fair increase to make the change.