SMG Management Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.2

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Submit application/resume and wait for call back from human resources. Interviewed by one or more members of management and human resources in a panel style interview. Job offer to come later after they have had time to conduct all interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not challenging if you have experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Box Office Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SMG Management.

Interview was pretty straight forward. Mainly they want to know if you can handle stress. The job can be up and down at times, so being able to go with the flow is important. Most of questions they asked were to gauge how well you can do that

Negotiation was pretty simple. I had a range of what I would accept. I did get some benefits that they don't usually offer like cell phone allowance.

Marketing Interview

Contacted by HR about 1 month after submitting resume, 2 interviews, but this is on internal basis. In this case it was / is a small number of employees. Got a quick tour of the facilities. Interview process was fairly laid back, there are a few forms to fill at the end. Felt the start process was a bit rushed.

Interview Questions
    Did not feel there was much flexibility or resources for negotiation.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at SMG Management in March 2013.

Interviewed with HR and then Director of Culinary Operations initially. Interviewed with the Director of Sales and Director of Retail when I wanted to move departments.

Interview Questions
    • My degree is in English. Whereas my work experience makes up for any degree that I lack in the hospitality industry, this was pointed out as a negative.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SMG Management in December 2011.

Hard to get in, but once in your off to a great start of your career. Great people, and very professional.

No negotiating, annual salary was competitive.

Ops Full Time Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SMG Management.

worked for a temp agency in my building and then applied for full time position

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SMG Management.

Turned in an application. Got a call a week or two later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. Came in and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SMG Management in September 2009.

Took some time before I heard from them. Once I got the call, I had an interview a week or so later. Extremely easy interview. Basically just asked me if I could do everything that was expected of me. Received a call shortly after the interview to come in for orientation and paperwork. Worked the day after I filled out my new hire paperwork.

Outside Entry Level Salesman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SMG Management in January 2010.

I arrived to the facility on a Tuesday and met with the "Assistant Manager" of the organization. He was probably no older than 26, and he had on a shirt and tie. His shirt tail was coming out, his shirt appeared as if he slept in it, and asked me a bunch of random questions. He then asked when I could return to set up a time to go out and see if the work was to "my liking" with an outside representative. The entire "first interview" lasted all of 2 minutes. There was a line of people in the lobby completing these "information sheets" the company requested for them to do.

I came back the following day, met with this sharp young man and all we did was walk up and down a street asking people if they had comprehensive insurance company for their car and if they would mind if we looked at their windshields on their vehicle. Immediately we were misleading stating we were in the area replacing windshields for SOME of their neighbors. I accompanied them and these two young men had "peddling permits", which are NOT solitcitation permits. They walk each neighborhood til sometimes 8pm at night, before returning to the office until 9:30-10:00pm at night where the "Assistant Manager" wants to know the productivity and what was accomplished for the day. It just seemed to be this position had a very high turnover and was an unethical company.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SMG Management in August 2008.

I applied online on Monster.com and in about 2 weeks I was asked for a phone interview with my immediate supervisor. Within a week I was asked for a second interview. Interview questions were not difficult. Interviewer did not have much to ask about and mainly asked me if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if it started storming outside and you had a really long line outside the doors?   View Answer
    Not much to negotiate. Offer was 26,000. Since then the standard has been raised to about 30,000 for entry level. Rest of benefit package is standard.

Worked for SMG Management? Contribute to the Community!