SMG Management Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.5

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SMG Management.

Interview

The interview process took over a month to complete with multiple follow up interviews and meetings. Mostly i was just talked at, they did not ask me very many question about previous experiences or education. Met first with HR, then twice with the head chef then once with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They refused to negotiate.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SMG Management (Jackson, MS) in January 2015.

Interview

I discovered the opportunity on the website and sent a resume and cover letter to the hiring manager. I was contacted for the first screening interview and the whole process took three interviews over a month. The first meeting was a phone/screening interview followed by a face to face interview with the department manager then a final group/face to face interview with other department heads and the general manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses
      What are your greatest strengths
      Why do you want to work here
      What will you bring to the organization
      What are your expectations from company
      Where do you expect to be in five years
      What do you do in your free time
      What is your salary expectation

1 Answer

Interview

Just submitted my resume and salary requirements via gmail for the position. Waiting to hear back if they're interested in inviting me in for a interview. I've heard that SMG is very interested in hiring folks that have facilities/event management experience. I guess I'll wait and see if my professional experience is strong enough for them to overlook my lack of experience in the industry. The role would be a great opportunity though.

Interview Questions

• Anything related to facilities/event management I suppose.   Answer Question

Interview

Submit application/resume and wait for call back from human resources. Interviewed by one or more members of management and human resources in a panel style interview. Job offer to come later after they have had time to conduct all interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not challenging if you have experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Box Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SMG Management.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. Mainly they want to know if you can handle stress. The job can be up and down at times, so being able to go with the flow is important. Most of questions they asked were to gauge how well you can do that

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty simple. I had a range of what I would accept. I did get some benefits that they don't usually offer like cell phone allowance.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Contacted by HR about 1 month after submitting resume, 2 interviews, but this is on internal basis. In this case it was / is a small number of employees. Got a quick tour of the facilities. Interview process was fairly laid back, there are a few forms to fill at the end. Felt the start process was a bit rushed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not feel there was much flexibility or resources for negotiation.

Ops Full Time Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SMG Management.

Interview

worked for a temp agency in my building and then applied for full time position

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SMG Management (Long Beach, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and then Director of Culinary Operations initially. Interviewed with the Director of Sales and Director of Retail when I wanted to move departments.

Interview Questions

• My degree is in English. Whereas my work experience makes up for any degree that I lack in the hospitality industry, this was pointed out as a negative.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SMG Management (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Turned in an application. Got a call a week or two later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. Came in and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Director of Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SMG Management (Kissimmee, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

Hard to get in, but once in your off to a great start of your career. Great people, and very professional.

Negotiation

No negotiating, annual salary was competitive.