SMITH

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at SMITH in April 2014.

Interview Details – One month after I submitted my resume via their web site, a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview then did not call and was not reachable at the time of the interview, and never returned my call. Classy!

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SMITH in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a quick process and I was able to interview over the phone, offer all references and continue the conversation based on prior work history.

Interview Question – Why did the job have interest to me if It wasn't my industry?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SMITH in June 2011.

Interview Details – You sit in a room and every senior person (or whomever they can find free) comes in and "interviews" you. Half the people were happy saying change is in the air, it is great and the other half were "here we go again".

Interview Question – Why do you want the job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty basic and what you would expect from any company.

Technology Lead Interview

Technology Lead
Bellevue, WA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at SMITH in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was really engaguing. I liked the flow and felt they were really tying to get to know me as well as giving me insight to knowning them as a group / company.

Interview Question – What do you do to enhance your own creative mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter did a great job of doing this up front so it did not waste anyones time when the offer was made. I really liked this process!

Very Easy Interview

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SMITH in February 2011.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview with the Ascentium recruiter, who was professional, informative, and asked good questions. Three days after my phone interview I found out that a member of the non-HR/ Recruitment staff who was given my resume to review had called my current employer (my direct manager to be exact) for a reference. I just want to point out that at no point did I tell them it was ok to check my references or contact my current employer.
I have withdrawn my candidacy because of the gross unprofessionalism and lack of respect that this company had for me and my current situation. Candidates be warned when interviewing here, the hiring teams do not understand common courtesy and will call your current employer (or even your BOSS) and tell them that you have put in an application.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter walked through my resume.   Answer Question
  • The recruiter talked to me about what types of technical roles I have filled in previous companies.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SMITH in February 2009.

Interview Details – The phone screen was standard, a feeler interview for personality, general background info, whether I was a fit for an in person interview.

The face to face included both one on one and group meetings, lasting approx 3-4 hours. Everyone was open, friendly and forthcoming about the company and the position. Each gave an honest assessment of the company and its direction, including their experiences. One part consisted of a simple problem solving test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at SMITH in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very, very slow. Quick phone interview with the recruiter then I had a phone interview with a director. Then some weeks later, I had two face to face interviews with the hiring manager and a coworker. Then after another few weeks a received a call where they made me an offer. Very comfortable process all be it excruciatingly long. Everyone was personable and fun to speak with. I felt as though they wanted to hire me from the beginning, but made the process long due to consideration for the client...

Interview Question – They were very interested in who I knew inside the clients office. They wanted me to explain how I would get more work from the client   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Associate Creative Director Interview

Associate Creative Director

The process took a day - interviewed at SMITH in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was easy

Account Director Interview

Account Director

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SMITH in January 2011.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed at Ascentium for an Account Director role and was turned down after going through their interview loop. This is my first time responding on Glassdoor but I wanted to comment on Ascentium becasue my experience was impactful. Although I did not get this job I will continue to keep them in my radar and hope to work there someday. There has been some negative buzz about them on glassdoor, but my experience was very possitive.

The recruitment part went as expected. Their recruiter was professional, informative and able to tell "the" story. Ascentium is embarking on a path that is very interesting and intriguing and I hope to be a part of it someday. The offices (although in Bellevue) are pretty cool and the people are really passionate and smart. Again, great opportunity, great story and hope to be there again someday soon.

Interview Question – When was the last time you failed?   Answer Question

Worked for SMITH? Contribute to the Community!