SMITH

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SMITH in August 2014.

I had two initial phone interviews: one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager. I was then invited in for an in-person, round-robin interview with four folks. I am currently employed and had a prior commitment to their suggested time, but they seemed very accommodating, so an agreed-upon time was found. A couple of hours before the interview one person dropped out so the time pushed back a half hour. OK, that's understandable. When the interview time arrived I sat down with the first person and they seemed a little confused that they were the first. A little lack of communication; I guess I can accept that. Then the second interviewer arrived: not one of the people originally scheduled. He did not seem like he wanted to be there. He kept checking email and looking out the window instead of engaging. OK, now I'm sensing a trend here. Then came time for the third and final interview. They were unavailable and I was practically shoved on the elevator. Was it something I said? Something I didn't say? I don't know and I kind of don't care. I feel like I dodged a bullet. Some of the things I heard in asking the interviewers questions lead me to believe that the reviews I read about upper management and their lack of vision were all too true.

Interview Questions
    • No special or out-of-the-ordinary questions to relate. Just be prepared to backup your resume with examples.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SMITH in August 2014.

This was for project-based work, not a full-time position. First was a screening call with their recruiter, then a couple of 1:1 interviews with team members, and 2 phone interviews with directors. The environment is quiet and focused. Most communication happens via email instead of phone, so occasionally some team members may be out of the loop if you don't "reply all."

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you resolved a conflict when a client didn't agree with your recommendations.   Answer Question
    They agreed to my standard hourly rate, so no negotiation was needed.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at SMITH in April 2014.

One month after I submitted my resume via their web site, a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview then did not call and was not reachable at the time of the interview, and never returned my call. Classy!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SMITH in May 2013.

It was a quick process and I was able to interview over the phone, offer all references and continue the conversation based on prior work history.

Interview Questions
    • Why did the job have interest to me if It wasn't my industry?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SMITH in June 2011.

You sit in a room and every senior person (or whomever they can find free) comes in and "interviews" you. Half the people were happy saying change is in the air, it is great and the other half were "here we go again".

Interview Questions
    Pretty basic and what you would expect from any company.

Technology Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SMITH in April 2011.

The hiring process was really engaguing. I liked the flow and felt they were really tying to get to know me as well as giving me insight to knowning them as a group / company.

Interview Questions
    The recruiter did a great job of doing this up front so it did not waste anyones time when the offer was made. I really liked this process!

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SMITH in February 2011.

I did a phone interview with the Ascentium recruiter, who was professional, informative, and asked good questions. Three days after my phone interview I found out that a member of the non-HR/ Recruitment staff who was given my resume to review had called my current employer (my direct manager to be exact) for a reference. I just want to point out that at no point did I tell them it was ok to check my references or contact my current employer.
    I have withdrawn my candidacy because of the gross unprofessionalism and lack of respect that this company had for me and my current situation. Candidates be warned when interviewing here, the hiring teams do not understand common courtesy and will call your current employer (or even your BOSS) and tell them that you have put in an application.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter walked through my resume.   Answer Question
    • The recruiter talked to me about what types of technical roles I have filled in previous companies.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SMITH in February 2009.

The phone screen was standard, a feeler interview for personality, general background info, whether I was a fit for an in person interview.

The face to face included both one on one and group meetings, lasting approx 3-4 hours. Everyone was open, friendly and forthcoming about the company and the position. Each gave an honest assessment of the company and its direction, including their experiences. One part consisted of a simple problem solving test.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate

Associate Creative Director Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at SMITH in October 2011.

It was easy

Account Director Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SMITH in January 2011.

I recently interviewed at Ascentium for an Account Director role and was turned down after going through their interview loop. This is my first time responding on Glassdoor but I wanted to comment on Ascentium becasue my experience was impactful. Although I did not get this job I will continue to keep them in my radar and hope to work there someday. There has been some negative buzz about them on glassdoor, but my experience was very possitive.

The recruitment part went as expected. Their recruiter was professional, informative and able to tell "the" story. Ascentium is embarking on a path that is very interesting and intriguing and I hope to be a part of it someday. The offices (although in Bellevue) are pretty cool and the people are really passionate and smart. Again, great opportunity, great story and hope to be there again someday soon.