SMOE

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous Interview

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SMOE in May 2009.

Interview Details – When I first applied, I had to apply through an agency that's working together with SMOE to hire for their fall intake. SMOE has two hiring seasons: April for the August intake, and October for the February intake. When I applied through the agency (based in South Korea), they sent me a list of documents that I must send them via e-mail (Cover letter, Resume, Photo, 3 reference letters). After that, one of their agents contacted me by phone and interviewed me briefly. She mainly asked me why I am interested to teach in Korea and what time is convenient for me to receive an interview call from SMOE. After that she sent me another e-mail with the SMOE application form with instructions that I e-mail them the completed SMOE application form, personal essay, and a copy of a lesson plan. Next she arranged my interview with SMOE. Jon was the one who called me and he was very professional with the questions. I think I was asked about 5 questions? Questions ranged from why am I interested to teach in Korea; what do I know about Korean culture; what will I do if I encounter a class with varying degrees of English level, etc. It was my first phone interview so I was pretty nervous especially when I don't get to see the interviewer's face.

But within 2 weeks, I found out from the agent that I was hired!

Interview Question – Most difficult questions would be:

What will you do if your class has students with different English levels? How will you teach such a class?

What will you do if your student sleeps/ fight in class? How would you deal with this situation?
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SMOE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SMOE interview questions and advice in Seoul. All interview reviews posted anonymously by SMOE employees and interview candidates.