SMS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
14 interviews

2.0

Senior Area Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SMS.

2 interviews via telephone and a week long class in Chicago to test your strengths and knowledge on business and ownership. Finding compassionate people who can read through BS and find underlying issues in others businesses.

Interview Questions
    • To perform a full appointment I front of a group of people.   Answer Question
    Open. Ask any question to find out. Fun group to work with.

Senior Area Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at SMS in April 2014.

two interviews over the phone and I was hired. wanted me to pay my own way to Chicago and I said I would not come unless they paid for it. they paid my way and trained me.

Interview Questions
    • why did I go to a job that sounded to good to be true?   View Answer

Senior Aea Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at SMS.

Phone interview--pleasant but thorough regarding sales experience

Senior Area Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SMS in February 2014.

Sent in Resume, screener made contact, second interview asked basic questions and described the company structure

other opportunties

Senior Area Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at SMS in January 2014.

Sent me resume to an hiring executive who worte back the next day with a list of 5 questions to abnswer to before having a phone interview the same day. The interview lasted 35 mins, hardly any questiosn were asked and I was invited for a one week training at the end of the interview. He talked a lot and sold me the job.

Nothing

Outside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SMS in January 2014.

sent an email with links and a few pre-interview questions. Not a lot of detail or content on the site as to the pricing or services offered to consumers. You have to pay your own airfare to go to training and do not get paid until you make some sales. Interviewer talks very quickly pushing lots of information on you and is very aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask many questions of me at all. In fact, I think he asked me one question in the beginning and then through so much information at me. I asked questions and he didn't answer the questions. I recommend reading reviews, doing research, etc... Seems really shady.   View Answer

Overall impression was that this was shady and couldn't be verified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SMS in August 2013.

Its a Class, but everyone passes

Interview Questions
    91% of the commission on a Business Review and varied other commissions if the annalist got the company to use consulting service

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at SMS in January 2013.

Recruiters find your online resume and call you. After a short interview, you are offered a position as a Senior Area Manager (SAM) and scheduled for a 5 day training in the Crown Royal Plaza Northbrook IL.

Interview Questions
    • None. If you have sales experience, you are offered this position. You will pass this "training" as long as you show up, and you will be left to fend for yourself to sell "leads" provided to you by SMS. This is a quintessential "boiler room" high turnover sales position.   View Answer
    Nothing is negotiable. It is all straight commission. You get 91% of the survey fee you charge to a business. SMS will call behind you and offer a business audit for $350 underneath you, and you receive nothing for this. You will drive 1,000 to 1,500 miles per week, without any reimbursement for doing so, and the benefits don't kick in until 90 days after probation. (6 months after starting.)

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at SMS in July 2013.

Ten hours of interview before they bother to mention that the position is commission only, no benefits, with an "expected performance" of 300-700 dollars a week, for ten hour days. This is also known as "below minimum wage, on average." The interview was mostly figuring out if you would put up with that.

Interview Questions
    • "Could you do this job?" "Yes." "Do you want to do this job?" (long pause)   View Answer

10 hours until they were even remotely upfront about their process, no residuals on a subscription service... this is bad.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at SMS in August 2012.

No process at all the guy (joe) just talked to be thw whole time and did not ask me 1 question

Interview Questions
    • they were all personal and did not protain to the job at all   Answer Question

Worked for SMS? Contribute to the Community!