SMU (Southern Methodist University)
www.smu.edu Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University) in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. The Professor recruit me. After one semester I was transferred to another professor who is very mean to me. There is no assigned computer. I have to use my own PC to do the research.

Interview Question – Very low academic level in EE, SMU   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University) in May 2013.

Interview Details – No the interview process , just work hard for a year as student and pass the exam and get it

Negotiation Details – No

Senior Student Financial Specialist Interview

Senior Student Financial Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University) in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty standard. Had a pre-screening email. After I sent in my answers, about a week later I got an email inviting me to campus for an interview. There was a group of 3 people that interviewed me. They asked me about my related experience and some behavioral questions. Nice group of people.

Interview Question – What is my least favorite thing about being a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negtotiation. I was aware of the salary ahead of time and that there was no room for negotiation.

Finance Student Interview

Finance Student

Interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University)

Interview Details – The Cox School has more than a dozen specialized centers and institutes to enhance your knowledge in a focused area while networking with practitioners and leaders in the fields of energy, entrepreneurship, real estate, retailing, global markets and more.

Interview Question – too big to fail?   Answer Question

Student Clerk IV Interview

Student Clerk IV

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University).

Interview Details – It was really easy. questions like why are you fit for this position? What are your past experiences?

Interview Question – None... very basic   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University).

Interview Details – very long wait about application; 3 interviews; computer testing; took a portion of 2-3 days

Interview Question – questions about future goals and dreams with no way of fulfillment as an employee of smu.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – this is what we pay, these are the hours, this is what you are to do....yes or no?

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University) in June 2008.

Interview Details – I saw the job posting on their HR website, submitted an electronic application with my resume. I had to go in for testing and an initial interview with an HR rep. A week later I had to go in to interview with my would-be supervisor. A week later I had the job pending a drug and criminal check, which of course came out fine, and I attended orientation and began work the following week.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary and hours were as expected. However, I had a very ill mother and had to arrange to work remotely on occasion to be with her in the hospital. Luckily, they accomodated this request without hesitation.

Teaching/Research Assistant Interview

Teaching/Research Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University) in May 2011.

Interview Details – They asked me what courses I've taken in college and graduate school, what research I've engaged in and what results I've got, why I worked on the research topic I worked on and if I've got any results that proved my interest in it to be worthwhile.

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary for teaching/research assistant is fixed. There's no room for negoniation.

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University) in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very good step by step process.

Interview Question – No issues as of now everything is going good   Answer Question

SMU Work-Study Interview

SMU Work-Study
Dallas, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SMU (Southern Methodist University) in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on Mustang Trak for a few open positions that I had applicable experience. I got an email from one department to set up an interview. I went in way under dressed, but I was qualified for the job and it seemed to go well. They told me that one other person was being interviewed, but I ultimately got the job.

Interview Question – Are you qualified for Work-Study status?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Try and find a job that requires a skill that you have, and focus your interview around that skill.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SMU (Southern Methodist University)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SMU (Southern Methodist University) interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by SMU (Southern Methodist University) employees and interview candidates.