SNBL USA Interview Questions

2.6

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I applied online – interviewed at SNBL USA.

My interview took place after graduation with a B.S. in ISS, and though I had several years of call-center technical support experience, I was still very new to the hands-on portion of the IT field. The interview was a multi-step process. First I interviewed in a small room with one of the technical support team members, of which there were four. Then the full group came in, then their supervisor shortly thereafter. Worst interview I've ever experienced in my life. The all-male group seemed condescending and critical. They intimidated me with several technical, situational questions that were highly complex, proprietary, and multi-part in nature, and I was required to answer each of them verbally. The supervisor picked apart my resume, grilling me about how it was that I felt that I was qualified for this position with such a diverse work history. He made several insensitive comments, and for much of the interview I felt as though I was under attack. I'm normally a very confident individual, but I just wasn't mature enough for this interview. It was too much for me. When I reported what happened to my job-placement counselor through my school, she was taken aback. Not only was she shocked by how they treated me, she stated they knew that I had just graduated from school, and was looking for experience.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions involving situational, atypical occurrences with regard to Windows operations, support, and administration.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SNBL USA.

Easy interview process. Started with Q & A over the phone then later, in person with the hiring manager. Great tour of the facility although not sure if they still do that.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SNBL USA.

My interview was many years ago. I must have met half the company during the day long first interview process. Since then I don't think the process has changed much. I think the company places some amount of emphasis on finding the right fit, but doesn't really expect folks to stay much beyond 2 years.

Interview Questions
    There was not negotiation, though I would encourage people to shoot for as high a salary they can get on entry because the raises are not large once you're in there.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SNBL USA in July 2011.

Standard interview design: respond to job posting on internet job board, then first telephone interview screen, then second telephone interview, then face to face interviews at the employers' offices. The face to face segment consisted of meeting and interviewing with three people in sequence: first up was someone from HR, second up was the hiring manager, third was the department director (above the hiring manager). Interview was typical in content and tone.

Interview Questions
    • Go through your entire resume for me, list your responsibilities at each position, and explain what you learned at each position that is relevant to our position.   View Answer

Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SNBL USA in April 2009.

I was hired from a company that SNBL USA had bought and closed. It was guarantied that I would be hired. The interview was just a formality. I don't know what the current interviews are like.

There wasn't any.

Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SNBL USA in January 2009.

Give me an example of a time when you took the time to share a co-worker's or supervisor's achievements with others?
    Tell me about a time that you didn't work well with a supervisor. What was the outcome and how would you have changed the outcome?
    Have you worked with someone you didn't like? If so, how did you handle it?
     Tell me about a time that you helped someone.
     Tell me about a time that you misjudged a person.
     How do you get along with older (younger) co-workers?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

I was first contacted with a request of my salary expectations and to schedule a 30 minute phone screen. After ignoring the question (not a positive sign if that is their primary concern) I went along with scheduling the phone screen. The recruiter called 10 minutes late, was very rude, interrupted me on several occasions, continued to reiterate about the different animals they test on in addition to inferring his negativity towards people that do not support it, and abruptly ended the conversation after asking my salary expectation as well as current salary.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SNBL USA.

The hiring process seemed very normal. However, I knew there was a real problem after only being there a week when both my boss and one of the administrative staff quit.

Surprisingly, they met my initial salary request which was mid-market. My boss who was one step above me in the manager level was actually paid less than I was.