SNC-Lavalin Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

2.0

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

A very simple interview with the very basic questions like: Tell me about yourself, your previous work experience and projects, are you fluent in French? Why do you think you are suitable for the position and what are your expectations from this job? Surprisingly no technical questions! As a student, the GPA was important.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SNC-Lavalin

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin in October 2012.

Interview

Received an email from HR to arrange initial phone interview. This interview only took 20 minutes before I was told I'd be meeting the hiring manager in person the next week, with the HR rep included on the phone. The face-to-face/panel interview was a good opportunity to hear about the job and team directly from the manager, and I recommend potential employees make the most of this sort of interview by asking as many questions as necessary to get a good feel for the role and team you'd be entering. Only the HR rep asked a few standard questions, nothing too difficult if you're well prepared. Email updates from HR during the process were great.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about the biggest project you've ever worked on." In the face-to-face interview, the (very details focused) hiring manager spent most of the time stepping through the job ad and checking off whether I'd shown specific technical skills in previous projects. This made for quite a few technical responses which I now know probably went over the hiring manager's head, despite my simplifications. Be prepared to be interviewed by both "big picture" HR and "details details details" engineering types!   Answer Question