SNC-Lavalin Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.7

Assistant Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin in February 2015.

Company called and scheduled phone interview. Interview went really well and we scheduled a in person interview for the following week. The night before the in person interview I received a message from HR stating the interview was cancelled and we would reschedule. To this point I haven't heard a think from the company. I found the company to be extremely unprofessional and I'm glad to find this out before I wasted anymore time with them.

IT Analyst Interview

Good hiring and interview process. Interviewer made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you would think outside of the box.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation.

Construction Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin in January 2013.

Short interview over the phone and was hired, good company with little knowledge of Transmission Line Industry, some managers very good, some didn't know what was going on. Many people from the office had no clew of what was going on in the field. many engineers had no direction, no management, no time management and very little skills.

There was some, but not much gotr them to move 15% on salary

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin in September 2011.

The process took a few months - initial application submitted online, then email from recruiter, two phone interviews and finally on site interview with the hiring manager. After that everything went smoothly with the offer and onboarding process.

Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin.

Hiring process is standard, uses Korn Ferry and other headhunters. First meeting was a phone call, then an informal interview over coffee. This was followed by a formal interview including the HR team and various members of the leadership team. Most of the discussion was around previous experience and how this would mesh with the project world. Project management is a key skill for this organization, however there is still a lot of training to get the company to a standardized or branded approach.

Interview Questions
    Easy, but no additional perks. Everyone is treated similarly.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin.

After being told that I had the job, I waited for my offer. 5 weeks later, after i turned down another opportuinty, called twice to see what was going on ,sent a email to my boss to see what was going on ( never replied ) I received a call to announce me that they had to give the job to an intern employee.

Mechanical EIT Interview

The online applications system is very simple and direct. My interview was conducted over the phone after I had applied online for Mechanical EIT (Engineer in Training) positions out of school and was very much to do with finding the right person to join the company rather than to fill the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to move across the country for this opportunity?   Answer Question

Leasing Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin.

I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview. The interviewer touched on my past experience and asked constructive questions regarding the facets of building administration (financial, leasing, maintenance etc. She stressed the job entailed properties that they owned and were older and tended to have more issues.I have had extensive corporate real estate administrative experience within a major corporation at a higher level and acted both as a Lessor and Lessee in different situations (buildings owned, and offices we leased) across Canada and the U.S. I reiterated my experience (extensive) and felt that I could more than handle the job. In closing I was asked my salary expectations, and that they would be in touch. I followed up, but was not hired. I believe that I was not hired because I had been out of the workforce for a time, and was perhaps over-experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straightforward interview. No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Communications Advisor Interview

Two interviews - one on the phone with an HR representative and another in person with the HR representative and my future boss. Interview was focused on past experiences and covered the full spectrum of communications - internal, external, media relations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The communications function is new - what do you want your role to look like?   Answer Question

Project Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin.

Just a conversation