SNC-Lavalin Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin in February 2015.

Interview

Company called and scheduled phone interview. Interview went really well and we scheduled a in person interview for the following week. The night before the in person interview I received a message from HR stating the interview was cancelled and we would reschedule. To this point I haven't heard a think from the company. I found the company to be extremely unprofessional and I'm glad to find this out before I wasted anymore time with them.

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Good hiring and interview process. Interviewer made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation.

Construction Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin in January 2013.

Interview

Short interview over the phone and was hired, good company with little knowledge of Transmission Line Industry, some managers very good, some didn't know what was going on. Many people from the office had no clew of what was going on in the field. many engineers had no direction, no management, no time management and very little skills.

Negotiation

There was some, but not much gotr them to move 15% on salary

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin in September 2011.

Interview

The process took a few months - initial application submitted online, then email from recruiter, two phone interviews and finally on site interview with the hiring manager. After that everything went smoothly with the offer and onboarding process.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin.

Interview

Simple review of my resume, my past experiences. It was very conversational, included a department head and a future co-worker. Hired in the interview. They asked me what I expected as a salary, and told me all about their pension program, as well as job responsibilities I could expect. Overall, a very positive experience. Received letter of offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How has your schooling prepared you for this job?   1 Answer

Junior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin.

Interview

I applied online for a new graduate job. I received an email to set an appointment for a phone interview. I did the interview with a recruitment advisor. She asked several questions about my resume and my previous experiences.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.

Interview Questions

• Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer. Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer. Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances. Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin.

Interview

Hiring process is standard, uses Korn Ferry and other headhunters. First meeting was a phone call, then an informal interview over coffee. This was followed by a formal interview including the HR team and various members of the leadership team. Most of the discussion was around previous experience and how this would mesh with the project world. Project management is a key skill for this organization, however there is still a lot of training to get the company to a standardized or branded approach.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, but no additional perks. Everyone is treated similarly.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

After being told that I had the job, I waited for my offer. 5 weeks later, after i turned down another opportuinty, called twice to see what was going on ,sent a email to my boss to see what was going on ( never replied ) I received a call to announce me that they had to give the job to an intern employee.

Mechanical EIT Interview

Interview

The online applications system is very simple and direct. My interview was conducted over the phone after I had applied online for Mechanical EIT (Engineer in Training) positions out of school and was very much to do with finding the right person to join the company rather than to fill the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move across the country for this opportunity?   Answer Question