SNL Financial Interview Questions & Reviews in Charlottesville, VA

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Training & Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SNL Financial in July 2014.

Applied through an employee referral. With referrals, you are guaranteed a phone interview. This was conducted with a recruiter. After the phone interview, I received an email from the recruiter the next day to set up a time to come in for an interview with the manager of the department. I then received an email from the "scheduling department" to confirm the date and time with directions and instructions for the day of the interview. The directions were unclear and I had no idea what door to go in. This caused me to be late. No one mentioned it, but I was furious. Interview was simple.. They asked a lot of weird questions that seemed unnecessary.. It's been about a month since my interview. The posting has been removed and I haven't heard anything. I doubt I got the job. Even being qualified and referred by the employee previously in the position. Weird employer. Didn't really want to work there anyways.

Interview Questions
    • What book have you read most recently?   View Answer

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at SNL Financial.

It was amazingly easy and very short. That should have been a red flag right away. They have a lot of employee churn in this company--with the exception of managers, bright people usually stay only a year or two--so anyone who is minimally qualified to do the job is likely to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start? The offer was made about five minutes after I walked in.   View Answer
    It was a non-negotiable offer, but not bad pay by C'ville standards.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SNL Financial.

Very easy. I had the job within a two weeks of submitting my resume through a former employee. There were no phone interviews, and I spent about two hours talking in person to the people I would be working with. There were no tricky questions, and I don't even remember many questions about me at all.

HR told me I was getting paid at the top of my band and there was no room for negotiation. Looking at glassdoor now, it appears that that was completely false.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at SNL Financial in October 2012.

phone interiview followed by 4 separate 1 hour interviews in office. All interviewers pretty much asked the same basic questions, with some sql questions mixed in. They were really concerned with the SQL Having clause for some reason.

It took them 5 weeks to follow up after the interview!!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at SNL Financial.

Campus career fair followed up by emailing their career office with resume. They followed up with a phone interview. Then I was called for an on-site 1:1 interview. All interviews were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    For internships, negotiate only if you have a preexisting offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SNL Financial in May 2010.

I was contacted to have a phone interview where they mostly asked fit questions and a good amount of behavioral questions. After the 1st interview I was called into the office for more questions to ensure I was a qualified candidate. All the people there are looking for is whether or not you are a normal enough person to have a beer with. That, and don't say anything completely dumb.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SNL Financial in March 2009.

Started with phone interview. Called on site. 3 ppl interviewed and was made an offer. It's a .NET shop with good product management group. High emphasis on database. Good location and very informal place. Saw ppl in shorts. Was asked basis programming questions. Salary offered was low so declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for SNL Financial? Contribute to the Community!