SNL Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Editor Interview

Senior Editor
Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview Details – It was amazingly easy and very short. That should have been a red flag right away. They have a lot of employee churn in this company--with the exception of managers, bright people usually stay only a year or two--so anyone who is minimally qualified to do the job is likely to get an offer.

Interview Question – When can you start? The offer was made about five minutes after I walked in.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a non-negotiable offer, but not bad pay by C'ville standards.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SNL Financial in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter and was told I'd be a great fit for the position. They hyped me up for this position only to be shot down. If they tell you how great you are and everything, don't believe them. This is the 2nd time in a row they told me I'd be a "perfect fit" only to be turned down. I give up on applying for this company.

Anonymous Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview Details – Applied online but did not hear back. SNL came to present on campus and I got in touch with the presenters and got an opportunity to get in touch with the proper recruiter. Got called for an interview in the office (Islamabad). Interviewed with the manager in the local office. Then had a video conference interview with people in the Charlottesville office. Got an offer for the analyst-in-training position.

Interview Question – What do I know about the sub-prime mortgage crisis?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for the training position

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview Details – I had two hone interviews followed by an on site interview. The on site interview consisted of six rounds some with multiple people. Some interviews were conducted through video conference.

Interview Question – A lot of SQL questions   Answer Question

Bank Analyst Interview

Bank Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SNL Financial in March 2012.

Interview Details – General questions

Interview Question – The person on the interview made assumptions that I already knew their process   Answer Question

Media Intern Interview

Media Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview Details – phone interview with an EDT time schedule

Interview Question – basic questions   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Charlottesville, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview Details – Very easy. I had the job within a two weeks of submitting my resume through a former employee. There were no phone interviews, and I spent about two hours talking in person to the people I would be working with. There were no tricky questions, and I don't even remember many questions about me at all.

Negotiation Details – HR told me I was getting paid at the top of my band and there was no room for negotiation. Looking at glassdoor now, it appears that that was completely false.

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SNL Financial in October 2012.

Interview Details – phone interiview followed by 4 separate 1 hour interviews in office. All interviewers pretty much asked the same basic questions, with some sql questions mixed in. They were really concerned with the SQL Having clause for some reason.

It took them 5 weeks to follow up after the interview!!

Interview Question – in SQL can you put a conditional on the join syntax?   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview Details – Campus career fair followed up by emailing their career office with resume. They followed up with a phone interview. Then I was called for an on-site 1:1 interview. All interviews were behavioral.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For internships, negotiate only if you have a preexisting offer.

Sales Interview

Sales
Charlottesville, VA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SNL Financial in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted to have a phone interview where they mostly asked fit questions and a good amount of behavioral questions. After the 1st interview I was called into the office for more questions to ensure I was a qualified candidate. All the people there are looking for is whether or not you are a normal enough person to have a beer with. That, and don't say anything completely dumb.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Worked for SNL Financial? Contribute to the Community!