SNL Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview

I applied online. It took a week or two to hear back. I only had a phone interview. The HR is nice. They asked about finance experience, writing experience, excel skill. No hard questions. The salary is quite low, less than 40K

Interview Questions

• What's your salary expectation? What do you know about this company? Do you enjoy writing? Are you wiling to relocate if you are currently not in the state.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at SNL Financial in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview. Basic interview questions. She pointed out that I applied to many positions in the past , but this was the second one I received a callback from in two years. I never even got a response for the majority of them. This is an entry level role.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview

Very straightforward and easy there were no issues answering any of the questions. They are basic, general interview questions. I had a phone interview and then a 1:1 and then an interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you would be a good fit at the company?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SNL Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty good until I did the face to face meeting, which was scheduled very last minute, for almost 1/2 a day. I asked them about the culture given the glass door reviews for the company they acquired, iPartners. The response was" I guess you won't be working here". He tried to laugh it off, but his body language said otherwise. He went on to explain they let a woman go the day before my interview because she didn't get along with anyone. DONT ASK ABOUT iPartner reviews! If you're lucky and you work with the manager in Virginia, (not his manager), I think you'll be fine, as everyone from the Virginia area was pretty good. I didn't get an offer, but I wouldn't have accepted. I had a bad feeling about working in the Alpharetta location.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel working in an office where mist of your team members are in another city   1 Answer
    • How would feel about working in banking, given you have no industry experience. Could you read balance sheets?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview

Recruiter approached me based on my work history. Had a pre-qualifying phone interview with recruiter. Good conversation, open, honest and transparent about expectations and success metrics for position. Had an excellent conversation with the hiring manager in a second interview. Communication was primarily through email. Responses were prompt, clear and polite.

Interview Questions

• Describing specific experience related to position in industry.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview

I applied online on their website. I got a call from HR asking general background questions and salary requirements. First Round : Phone interview with hiring manager. Technical phone screen. Asked some easy puzzles and scenarios. Second Round : 2 Group interviews, with 2 interviewers in each. Mostly .Net related questions and SQL questions. After a verbal offer was made, it took several weeks to get things in place for me to start. Overall, an average experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried hard to negotiate, but they stuck to their initial offer.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNL Financial (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

After applying online I received an email from the HR Department, 2 days later, looking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very straight forward. My resume was used as an outline for conversation, pin pointing challenges and accomplishments within my job history. The compensation requirement question was asked and I gave a range between 36-42 starting, where she replied "Ok Perfect". She went over the culture and history of SNL and briefly went over the job requirements. The rememberable part of this interview was at the end where the words "that was fun" slipped out of her mouth, where she quickly corrected herself by saying "this was helpful." Later that day, I received an email asking for an onsite interview. I had the interview at SNL 4 days later on a Friday. I was seen by 3 different interviewers, and one phone interview on site. They were all fairly young men, very well spoken and very friendly. The dress code there is so casual that I felt out of place in my suit. I basically felt they were grading my ability to keep a conversation going and made sure my personality was a good fit for their casual work environment. Overall, very laid back and a very enjoyable interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 valuable traits that will make you successful here at SNL   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNL Financial (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone interview. Waited a few days followed by an interview with the hiring coordinator. All went well. Was asked to write a research assignment. Not much detail was given about it except it was due a few days later. Got an e-mail a few days later that I was not selected to move forward. Overall it was a good experience. Process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your expecting salary? (during the initial phone interview)   1 Answer

Interview

It is usually phone interviews and they are nice during the whole process. They ask you about your background more than any gotcha questions. They take much longer to get back to you and you may be swirling in dilemma until then. Finally you get interview from the hiring manager and I am yet to have the interview conducted. However, SNL is the only promising employer candidate I have.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SNL Financial (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted via email by an HR recruiter within 4 days to set up a phone interview. My interaction with the HR recruiter was pleasant and our interaction was exactly what I expected. The HR recruiter provided a high level overview of SNL's mission, culture and the position. I was then asked to summarize my professional experience and the representative follow up with a few clarifying questions. After a pleasant conversation, I was asked to move forward in the process and a phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. My interview with the hiring manager was not quite what I expected. Once again, I was asked to "walk through my resume". Then I was asked a few additional questions. I recall being asked to name my greatest strength simply because I was interrupted during my response and asked another question (BTW...it wasn't a long or rambling response). There were no behavioral based questions. I wasn't asked any questions related to the skillset needed to excel in the role of account manager. There were no questions related to: client focus, relationship management, upselling/cross selling products, teamwork, adaptability or decision making. At the conclusion of the phone interview with the hiring manager, it was explained that the HR recruiter would follow up, even if I was not selected for the next round. After one week, with no response I contacted the recruiter and was told that I was not selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

• I recall being asked to name my greatest strength simply because I was interrupted during my response and asked another question. (BTW...it wasn't a long or rambling response). I started to explain that I was self motivated and worked well independently or in a team structured environment, when I was interrupted and asked about my time management skills. I wasn't asked any typical account management questions such as those related to: client focus, relationship management, upselling/cross selling products, teamwork, adaptability or decision making.   Answer Question