SOCOM Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at SOCOM

Division Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SOCOM in June 2010.

Interview is done once your resume has been selected from a pool of job seekers. Potential questions are provided to you a day in advance for your review and to assist in formulating succinct answers. Interview is done in persone or via the phone by a panel of 3-4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a time when you had to handle a bad situation in the workplace, how did you handle it and why did you choose the path you took?   Answer Question

Division Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SOCOM in February 2010.

Submit application online, fill out a questionairre, then I was offered an interview time. The interview started with another 7-question list for me answer in 25 minutes or less - plus sell myself to the panel of three managers. It was rushed, stilted, had very limited give and take (I basically talked for 24 minutes to address all 7 questions). Overall it was unprofessional and useless. It was quite clear a candidate had already been picked and the interviews were just a necessarily step to give credibility to the process (when there wasn't any).

Civil Engineer JSOC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SOCOM in January 2009.

Went to Ft Bragg and took a whole morning of tests for IQ, math etc.
    Then interviewed with psychologist
    Then had a formal board with 6 people in the engineering cell inside the JSOC compound

Interview Questions

Didn't like the travel requirement and jump school requirement--nobody told me I had to go to jump school
    They expect you to beg for the job and be 110% committed to do anything to get in
    Just wasn't for me

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at SOCOM in February 2012.

Questions emailed 30 minutes prior to interview. Questions were relatively straight forward.