SPAR Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2014
Updated Jun 11, 2014

2.1

Merchandising Contractor Interview

Migrated from Marketforce. Completed many contracts prior to reactivating with Spar Business Services. Nothing much else to say really other than the online system Marketforce used was much more up front and provided a lot more "current" data so you really understood what you were walking into.

Straightforward. I would recommend asking for as much information on the location as possible, as this was not provided to me prior to going in. Who am I working with? Who is the team lead? Is the project on time? Etc. Ask, ask, ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at SPAR Group in March 2014.

Was all done over the phone after responding to an ad and sending a copy of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of a discussion than an interview. The person I spoke with was an assistant manager and basically just gave me an overview of the position.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SPAR Group.

online application and a phone call and you start

Interview Questions
    • none realy must have computer with internet access access   View Answer
    N/A

Account Manager, Client Services Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SPAR Group.

Interview process was very standard. I had 2 interviews with 1 Director each time. Mostly focused on how I would contribute to the team. Also since most Account Managers work closely with their Director they try to get a feel for your personality to ensure you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended questions...Tell me a time you and a manager did not agree on a course of action? What did you do? How did you overcome the disagreement?

Why should we hire you over the other candidates?
        Answer Question
    Pay here is really not negotiable...expect 30K for supervisor and higher 30's to low 40's for account managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SPAR Group in January 2010.

you have to apply on line, then wait for some one to respone like all other online apps. if you have done an online app before then you know you get emails before a phone call today but not with spar, a local dm will call you back

Independent Contractor-Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SPAR Group in January 2008.

The DM called me, she had seen my profle on NARMS. She explained the position, job duties, salary, etc. She questioned me on my knowledge of basic merchandising tasks.

This was early on in my merchandising career so, I did not negotiate. Now that I am a seasoned merchandiser, if I am interested in a job, I do negotiate salary, mileage re-imburesment, etc.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SPAR Group in March 2013.

Formal interview.

Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SPAR Group in September 2012.

After e-mails to set a phone interview and 2 different occasions a week apart. The recruiter and on the second a district manager neither one phoned.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SPAR Group in May 2008.

They asked me about my background, and wanted to know how proficient I was with all windows office tools. They said it was very important that I was comfortable on the computer. they asked me if I had had any experience working in retail, with retail outlets, and if I had any merchandising experience.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SPAR Group in March 2008.

Applied online then 10 minute call then half hr interview.