SRA International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Information Assurance Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 different people. They were all hospitable and friendly.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation required. The offer was very fair.

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SRA International in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a panel interview with the senior program managers and lower level managers. There were multiple panels with different staff members during the same day. The questions were traditional in nature and did not focus on technical aspects of the position.

Interview Question – How did you feel about your past supervisor?   Answer Question

Network Security Specialist Interview

Network Security Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a cold email from a recruiter at the beginning of August 2013. I had previously submitted an older resume into the general Cyber Security talent pool back in November 2012, and also had a previous interview for a different position within SRA (which I did not get selected for, and was only based on a contract proposal). I was very surprised with the speed with which I got scheduled and into the facility to speak with the team leadership.

The team was very interested in the work I had done previously with regards to the project they were supporting, and did mention the caveat that this work would commence in September pending the outcome of their contract award (it appears they were waiting on a cooling off period with respect to the award as a precaution; they were upfront with this information).

About 10 days after the interview, I did receive a contingent offer from the HR recruiter. It did appear to be rather serious, given that I had more to sign and return than just the obligatory offer letter (having fielded two previous contingent offers in the past two months, only to have them fall through for one reason or another). Hopefully things clear up soon and I can get to work, because I've been out for much longer than I had anticipated or expected.

Interview Question – Did field some questions related to leadership roles in positions other than in technical ones (i.e. clubs, fraternal organizations, etc.).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not so much a real negotiation. Need to be flexible with your limits in terms of what you want in compensation. One of the big killers these days is going way too high on a figure and then standing firm on it. Of course, should another offer show up, then it's a matter of making sure other parties are aware you're 1) being courted, and 2) getting into the best situation for yourself.

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Arlington, VA

I applied online and interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Had a phone screen interview, then met with a few peers and my direct supervisor, then was offered a job after the meeting

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. Told me what I was offered and that was it.

Server Administrator Interview

Server Administrator
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was given an on-site interview with the project leader and his tech lead. It was a very friendly session and I was not made to feel like I was being grilled.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SRA International in November 2008.

Interview Details – The posting for a help desk analyst was found on a University student's job resource webpage, and it took over a month to get a call back for an interview once the application was submitted. Interview was with the Help Desk manager and Team Lead. Both were friendly and asked good questions that were both technical and non-technical. The interview questions were not tricky or suspicious, and the meeting lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked in the interview. The interviewers asked questions based on my resume and asked for elaboration.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at SRA International in February 2008.

Interview Details – Worked as a sub to SRA until a position opened up. Project lead connected me to the practice area leader and began the interview/hiring process. There was one phone screen and one unstructured interview, then they went silent for several weeks. I had an offer after following up. The process took about ten weeks total.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very good and I accepted it as offered.

Technical Director Interview

Technical Director
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a three step process and consisted of technical and business interviews

Interview Question – What factor would you not consider when you provide technical briefing   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in May 2010.

Interview Details – I recieved a phone call from the recruiter. He was very nice and helpful. Answered all my questions about the company and the benefits . When I had my phpne interview with the PM, it went really great. He was very easy to talk to and gave me the job immediately. The process was very smooth, except with the Security department. They lost my paper work a few times and I had to go out of my way to continuly fax them the paper work, at the time I was living in another state. The closest Kinkos was 45minutes away. They never said sorry.

Negotiation Details – my personal experience and how I feel know; is I got low balled... Part of that is my fault. research, stick to your guns, don't take 10K less

Investigative Research Assistant Interview

Investigative Research Assistant
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SRA International in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to SRA by a friend who informed me that the company was looking for people to fill a few positions available. They forwarded my resume to HR and I received a call back from an HRM less than a week afterwards basically going over the job description, salary requirements, etc. After the initial conversation, the HRM set up a panel style telephone interview with 6 people on the other end including who would be my direct supervisor, his boss, and other related individuals from the team. I found the interview questions to be quite pointed and relevant to the job – there wasn’t anything out of left field. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed well prepared in terms of questions and follow ups.

Interview Question – How well do you work under pressure?   View Answer

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!