SRA International

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in March 2013.

Interview Details – I originally approached them at an on-campus career fair. I talked briefly to the representative and was scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was very informal and the representative seemed more focus on selling SRA. I was asked questions about my previous experience and what I am looking for in a company.

Afterwards, I received an email from an HR representative inviting me to an on-site interview at Fairfax, VA. Upon arriving, I was scheduled to have lunch at a local restaurant with two relatively new hires. The lunch was informal and we chatted about what SRA does, what they do, why I am interested, what role would I fit in at the company, etc. I was then scheduled for three interviews with more senior members of the company. All of the questions were behavioral or related to my previous experience. It seems like they are looking for someone who fits into their culture. All of the interviews were around 30 minutes long.

I was then asked to fill out an online application and have an additional phone interview with a senior member. After that phone interview, I was never contacted again. The HR representative ignored my requests for a status update. I did not receive compensation for travelling to Fairfax. I enjoyed the interview experience and liked the company, but was slightly unhappy that they didn't explicitly give me a final response.

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

Interview Details – First, I had an on campus interview where I was asked basic behavioral questions. The next day, I received an email saying that I had made it to the 2nd round. Afterwards, the college recruiter called me to set up another interview in their Fairfax location where I met up with one of the project managers. He mostly asked questions about my experiences so be prepared to backup your resume.

Both were simple interviews. Not too many technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were unwilling to negotiate.

Washington, DC

The process took 4 months - interviewed at SRA International in December 2010.

Interview Details – SRA came to my university back in October for on-campus interviewing. I was selected to move forward after a 30 minute interview with a manager. I went up to Fairfax, VA for a second interview. I had two interviews with managers that were each about 30 minutes. The questions were pretty basic, why do you want to work for SRA, etc. I was offered a position in March in DC. The offer was very low compared to what my friends' offers were straight out of school, especially living in DC.

Throughout the whole recruiting process SRA was completely unresponsive to me. They told me during my interview they would get back to me in 2 weeks, I didn't hear back for about 4 months. When I inquired they told me they weren't hiring. After my offer was given, I had to inquire about benefits, etc. The recruiter took a few days to answer my questions. HR is extremely disorganized

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Received another offer that was about 30% higher. I would have taken the offer had I not received another one.

Very Easy Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SRA International in April 2010.

Interview Details – Consisted of one on campus interview and an onsite interview with two employees. Very casual environment, with easy behaviorial questions. Responses from HR very slow if any at all.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you analyzed a large amount of data.   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

Interview Details – Got a referral for a college hire position from a former classmate. Largely behavioral interview, two one-on-ones with managers. I had a very positive impression of the folks there, but this was tarnished quite a bit by the fact that after the interview they NEVER called me back, answered e-mails, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

Associate Member

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in November 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with SRA on campus and was essentially told at the end of my interview that they wanted me to come up for an in-person interview. I then had my point of contact at SRA changed to another person. This person never e-mailed me regarding the next interview and when I e-mailed her, she said she was still setting things up and that they still wanted me to come up. I have e-mailed twice since then with no response at all. Their process seems unorganized and inefficient

Interview Question – There was nothing too hard. They just asked me to highlight important points in my resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SRA International

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SRA International Associate Member interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by SRA International employees and interview candidates.