SRA International Interview Questions in Fairfax, VA

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.3

Associate Growth Program Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SRA International in November 2013.

Applied online through university career center in the fall, was contacted not long after applying to schedule an on-campus interview. Was asked a few days after on-campus interview to come to final round in-person interview on-site at Fairfax, VA headquarters. Interviewed with 4 people, including program supervisors and middle management, in a very comfortable, conversational setting; all qualitative, "get to know you" type questions. Treated to informal lunch with two current members of the program, good opportunity to talk candidly and ask questions about the program/position. Received offer over the phone no more than 2 weeks after final round.

Interview Questions
    • Do you work well in fast-paced group settings with a steep learning curve and very quick deadlines?   Answer Question

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Submitted my resume through Indeed.com about 7-10 days later I received a follow-up email from the HR rep. The email had 5 follow-up questions (e.g. desired salary, desired commute distance/time, etc) which I answered & got an email back asking when would be a good day & time for a phone interview with them. My phone interview with HR was very brief (about 10-15 mins) where the HR rep explained the position to me a bit more & then set up a day & time for me to come in for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the office for my in-person interview I was pleasantly surprised by how big the HQ campus was (they offer free parking!) & how friendly everyone was. At HQ, everyone gets a personal office but if you work in the Arlington location which they just remodeled then everyone has a cubical office. My interview started off with meeting 2 higher-up. They spent our time telling me about the company & the organizational structure of the company. They asked a few questions about me but this session was more of a conversation then being grilled with questions. After 30 mins with them, I was interviewed by the people who would be my possible manager & colleagues. They were a very jovial bunch, who asked some behavioral & technical questions. There technique was to ask questions about specific skills & expertise that I my have -- I found out towards the end of the session why they went about asking things the way they did. Their previous employee lacked in the areas they were grilling me on so they wanted to make sure I was fully capable of doing the job & not just making fluff about my expertise. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone pushed you out of your chair & said, "Get out of the way. I can do this better & faster than you." How would you handle a situation like this, especially if it was a VP of the company?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SRA International in May 2013.

I was kept informed regularly during the interview process with phone calls and emails. I ended up having three interviews with different people in the company. I was contacted the day after every interview by the recruiter who was very diligent. Once offered the position the process was quick and smooth and I felt welcomed when I joined the company.

Straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SRA International in March 2013.

I originally approached them at an on-campus career fair. I talked briefly to the representative and was scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was very informal and the representative seemed more focus on selling SRA. I was asked questions about my previous experience and what I am looking for in a company.

Afterwards, I received an email from an HR representative inviting me to an on-site interview at Fairfax, VA. Upon arriving, I was scheduled to have lunch at a local restaurant with two relatively new hires. The lunch was informal and we chatted about what SRA does, what they do, why I am interested, what role would I fit in at the company, etc. I was then scheduled for three interviews with more senior members of the company. All of the questions were behavioral or related to my previous experience. It seems like they are looking for someone who fits into their culture. All of the interviews were around 30 minutes long.

I was then asked to fill out an online application and have an additional phone interview with a senior member. After that phone interview, I was never contacted again. The HR representative ignored my requests for a status update. I did not receive compensation for travelling to Fairfax. I enjoyed the interview experience and liked the company, but was slightly unhappy that they didn't explicitly give me a final response.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SRA International in July 2012.

Applied online; granted interview; very nice people and work environment; offices were good and company seemed supportive of further training and career enhancement. In the end I declined the offer because there was nothing "special" about the job (lots of government work, culture is kinda bland) and it would have been a very long commute. So I stayed where I am.

Interview Questions
    • Describe s situation with a past client where they were not happy at first. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Too long of a commute

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SRA International in April 2010.

Consisted of one on campus interview and an onsite interview with two employees. Very casual environment, with easy behaviorial questions. Responses from HR very slow if any at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

First, I had an on campus interview where I was asked basic behavioral questions. The next day, I received an email saying that I had made it to the 2nd round. Afterwards, the college recruiter called me to set up another interview in their Fairfax location where I met up with one of the project managers. He mostly asked questions about my experiences so be prepared to backup your resume.

Both were simple interviews. Not too many technical questions.

Interview Questions
    They were unwilling to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

Got a referral for a college hire position from a former classmate. Largely behavioral interview, two one-on-ones with managers. I had a very positive impression of the folks there, but this was tarnished quite a bit by the fact that after the interview they NEVER called me back, answered e-mails, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SRA International in January 2010.

interview was conducted with 2 separate people, no hard questions just based on your knowledge of the job.

asked me my salary requirements no negotiating needed salary was accepted.

Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SRA International in October 2009.

Phone Interview went well, positive attitude about a job offer

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were expected. No questions threw me off guard. Interviewing panel was professional and courteous, but yet asked challenging questions to ensure my knowledge.   Answer Question