SRA International Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.6

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SRA International.

University Interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about consulting? What are proposals?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SRA International.

Applied through university career center, received email notification of interview. 30 minute one on one interview on campus. This is an IT company, not a consulting firm All of their clients are government agencies. No case. Resume questions. From the first couple of questions, it was obvious that it wasn't a good fit.

Federal Contractor Interview

The federal contract I was under was won by SRA. SRA offered me a position with the same pay but reduced benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Did not really have interview questions. My clients expressed keen interest in keeping me local.   Answer Question

Senior Information Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SRA International.

The hiring and interview process is slow like anything else. The recruiters don't really understand the qualifications so you are best to contact the contract leads directly for positions or recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • I conducted a 30 minute interview explaining in detail concepts of Cyber Security before realizing that the HR interviewer didn't know anything about the subject. Demonstrate knowledge but don't overdue it.   Answer Question
    It's normal about 5-7% flexibility depending. Most of us are in the less than 7% difference in salary.

Intern Interview

Very straightforward hiring process. I talked to representatives at a college Career Fair, and received a call the following day inviting me to interview. The interview was held on campus, and HR was very helpful in communicating via both email and phone to ensure that I felt prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straightforward behavioral interview questions about working in teams, analytical skills, and interest in the company.   Answer Question

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SRA International in September 2013.

The person who interviewed me definitely knew their stuff and I was able to get everything right. The perosn was very competent, and they were very friendly. We had a good time.

Interview Questions
    • If we offered you the job tomorrow, would you immediately accept it?   Answer Question
    Take full advantage of the benefits.

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SRA International.

Long and thorough for mine. Since then I've seen other managers in the company (mostly inexperienced and with little training) consistantly look for a perfect fit instead of a 70 - 80% fit, with OJT making up the remainder. This left positions open for far to long causing cost and schedule slippages..

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Submitted my resume through Indeed.com about 7-10 days later I received a follow-up email from the HR rep. The email had 5 follow-up questions (e.g. desired salary, desired commute distance/time, etc) which I answered & got an email back asking when would be a good day & time for a phone interview with them. My phone interview with HR was very brief (about 10-15 mins) where the HR rep explained the position to me a bit more & then set up a day & time for me to come in for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the office for my in-person interview I was pleasantly surprised by how big the HQ campus was (they offer free parking!) & how friendly everyone was. At HQ, everyone gets a personal office but if you work in the Arlington location which they just remodeled then everyone has a cubical office. My interview started off with meeting 2 higher-up. They spent our time telling me about the company & the organizational structure of the company. They asked a few questions about me but this session was more of a conversation then being grilled with questions. After 30 mins with them, I was interviewed by the people who would be my possible manager & colleagues. They were a very jovial bunch, who asked some behavioral & technical questions. There technique was to ask questions about specific skills & expertise that I my have -- I found out towards the end of the session why they went about asking things the way they did. Their previous employee lacked in the areas they were grilling me on so they wanted to make sure I was fully capable of doing the job & not just making fluff about my expertise. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone pushed you out of your chair & said, "Get out of the way. I can do this better & faster than you." How would you handle a situation like this, especially if it was a VP of the company?   View Answer

Network Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Received a cold email from a recruiter at the beginning of August 2013. I had previously submitted an older resume into the general Cyber Security talent pool back in November 2012, and also had a previous interview for a different position within SRA (which I did not get selected for, and was only based on a contract proposal). I was very surprised with the speed with which I got scheduled and into the facility to speak with the team leadership.

The team was very interested in the work I had done previously with regards to the project they were supporting, and did mention the caveat that this work would commence in September pending the outcome of their contract award (it appears they were waiting on a cooling off period with respect to the award as a precaution; they were upfront with this information).

About 10 days after the interview, I did receive a contingent offer from the HR recruiter. It did appear to be rather serious, given that I had more to sign and return than just the obligatory offer letter (having fielded two previous contingent offers in the past two months, only to have them fall through for one reason or another). Hopefully things clear up soon and I can get to work, because I've been out for much longer than I had anticipated or expected.

Interview Questions
    • Did field some questions related to leadership roles in positions other than in technical ones (i.e. clubs, fraternal organizations, etc.).   View Answer
    Not so much a real negotiation. Need to be flexible with your limits in terms of what you want in compensation. One of the big killers these days is going way too high on a figure and then standing firm on it. Of course, should another offer show up, then it's a matter of making sure other parties are aware you're 1) being courted, and 2) getting into the best situation for yourself.

Lead Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online – interviewed at SRA International.

Received an email from the HR recruiter one day after I applied for the position. We set up a phone interview for the next day. She was very nice - started the conversation by asking what I do now and why I'm in the job market. She almost immediately then asked what my salary expectations are - what I make now and what I hope to make. I told her what I make now and that I just didn't want to take a pay CUT and she was very honest explaining that because they're a government contractor, it would be a massive pay cut and told me what the range would be (it would be a huge pay cut). I really appreciated her honesty and upfront approach so we didn't waste time going back and forth.