SRA International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Security Specialist Interview

Network Security Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a cold email from a recruiter at the beginning of August 2013. I had previously submitted an older resume into the general Cyber Security talent pool back in November 2012, and also had a previous interview for a different position within SRA (which I did not get selected for, and was only based on a contract proposal). I was very surprised with the speed with which I got scheduled and into the facility to speak with the team leadership.

The team was very interested in the work I had done previously with regards to the project they were supporting, and did mention the caveat that this work would commence in September pending the outcome of their contract award (it appears they were waiting on a cooling off period with respect to the award as a precaution; they were upfront with this information).

About 10 days after the interview, I did receive a contingent offer from the HR recruiter. It did appear to be rather serious, given that I had more to sign and return than just the obligatory offer letter (having fielded two previous contingent offers in the past two months, only to have them fall through for one reason or another). Hopefully things clear up soon and I can get to work, because I've been out for much longer than I had anticipated or expected.

Interview Question – Did field some questions related to leadership roles in positions other than in technical ones (i.e. clubs, fraternal organizations, etc.).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not so much a real negotiation. Need to be flexible with your limits in terms of what you want in compensation. One of the big killers these days is going way too high on a figure and then standing firm on it. Of course, should another offer show up, then it's a matter of making sure other parties are aware you're 1) being courted, and 2) getting into the best situation for yourself.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Long and thorough for mine. Since then I've seen other managers in the company (mostly inexperienced and with little training) consistantly look for a perfect fit instead of a 70 - 80% fit, with OJT making up the remainder. This left positions open for far to long causing cost and schedule slippages..

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult client?   Answer Question

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Proposal Coordinator
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through Indeed.com about 7-10 days later I received a follow-up email from the HR rep. The email had 5 follow-up questions (e.g. desired salary, desired commute distance/time, etc) which I answered & got an email back asking when would be a good day & time for a phone interview with them. My phone interview with HR was very brief (about 10-15 mins) where the HR rep explained the position to me a bit more & then set up a day & time for me to come in for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the office for my in-person interview I was pleasantly surprised by how big the HQ campus was (they offer free parking!) & how friendly everyone was. At HQ, everyone gets a personal office but if you work in the Arlington location which they just remodeled then everyone has a cubical office. My interview started off with meeting 2 higher-up. They spent our time telling me about the company & the organizational structure of the company. They asked a few questions about me but this session was more of a conversation then being grilled with questions. After 30 mins with them, I was interviewed by the people who would be my possible manager & colleagues. They were a very jovial bunch, who asked some behavioral & technical questions. There technique was to ask questions about specific skills & expertise that I my have -- I found out towards the end of the session why they went about asking things the way they did. Their previous employee lacked in the areas they were grilling me on so they wanted to make sure I was fully capable of doing the job & not just making fluff about my expertise. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone pushed you out of your chair & said, "Get out of the way. I can do this better & faster than you." How would you handle a situation like this, especially if it was a VP of the company?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Lead Editor Interview

Lead Editor
Frederick, MD

I applied online and interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Received an email from the HR recruiter one day after I applied for the position. We set up a phone interview for the next day. She was very nice - started the conversation by asking what I do now and why I'm in the job market. She almost immediately then asked what my salary expectations are - what I make now and what I hope to make. I told her what I make now and that I just didn't want to take a pay CUT and she was very honest explaining that because they're a government contractor, it would be a massive pay cut and told me what the range would be (it would be a huge pay cut). I really appreciated her honesty and upfront approach so we didn't waste time going back and forth.

Interview Question – None, very straightforward   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Interview Details – hiring manager came to where i was working to interview me

Negotiation Details – no

Very Easy Interview

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Arlington, VA

I applied online and interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Had a phone screen interview, then met with a few peers and my direct supervisor, then was offered a job after the meeting

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. Told me what I was offered and that was it.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone screening interview that lasted less than 30 minutes with basic questions such as why do you want to work for SRA and why do you want to work in this position. Then I received a call a week later that they wanted an in person interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes

Interview Question – What did you dislike most about your last job?   Answer Question

Associate Member Interview

Associate Member
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in March 2013.

Interview Details – I originally approached them at an on-campus career fair. I talked briefly to the representative and was scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was very informal and the representative seemed more focus on selling SRA. I was asked questions about my previous experience and what I am looking for in a company.

Afterwards, I received an email from an HR representative inviting me to an on-site interview at Fairfax, VA. Upon arriving, I was scheduled to have lunch at a local restaurant with two relatively new hires. The lunch was informal and we chatted about what SRA does, what they do, why I am interested, what role would I fit in at the company, etc. I was then scheduled for three interviews with more senior members of the company. All of the questions were behavioral or related to my previous experience. It seems like they are looking for someone who fits into their culture. All of the interviews were around 30 minutes long.

I was then asked to fill out an online application and have an additional phone interview with a senior member. After that phone interview, I was never contacted again. The HR representative ignored my requests for a status update. I did not receive compensation for travelling to Fairfax. I enjoyed the interview experience and liked the company, but was slightly unhappy that they didn't explicitly give me a final response.

Interview Questions

Server Administrator Interview

Server Administrator
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was given an on-site interview with the project leader and his tech lead. It was a very friendly session and I was not made to feel like I was being grilled.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Applied through my university recruiting site. Had an on-campus interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question