SRA International

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SRA International in April 2013.

I was contacted nearly 6 months after I had applied to see if I was still interested in a Systems Engineering position. I went in for an in person interview with a panel of 3 people and they asked generally about my background and skillset. I had to ask politely if I could ask any questions to them at the end.

Interview Questions
    • How long does a radio wave travel in 10 tics   View Answer
    I chose not to negotiate, as I gave a fair and firm salary requirement during the interview.

Associate Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SRA International in March 2013.

I originally approached them at an on-campus career fair. I talked briefly to the representative and was scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was very informal and the representative seemed more focus on selling SRA. I was asked questions about my previous experience and what I am looking for in a company.

Afterwards, I received an email from an HR representative inviting me to an on-site interview at Fairfax, VA. Upon arriving, I was scheduled to have lunch at a local restaurant with two relatively new hires. The lunch was informal and we chatted about what SRA does, what they do, why I am interested, what role would I fit in at the company, etc. I was then scheduled for three interviews with more senior members of the company. All of the questions were behavioral or related to my previous experience. It seems like they are looking for someone who fits into their culture. All of the interviews were around 30 minutes long.

I was then asked to fill out an online application and have an additional phone interview with a senior member. After that phone interview, I was never contacted again. The HR representative ignored my requests for a status update. I did not receive compensation for travelling to Fairfax. I enjoyed the interview experience and liked the company, but was slightly unhappy that they didn't explicitly give me a final response.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SRA International.

Applied through my university recruiting site. Had an on-campus interview.

Senior Member of the Professional Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SRA International.

My interview started with a 20 minute phone screen by the recruiter, with some very basic questions. The in person interview took 90 minutes, and I met with three different people (in rapid succession) including my boss, my boss's boss, and another person in the department. All of my references were checked.

Interview Questions
    • None--all of the interview questions were what I expected.   Answer Question

Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Was given an on-site interview with the project leader and his tech lead. It was a very friendly session and I was not made to feel like I was being grilled.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Had a phone screening interview that lasted less than 30 minutes with basic questions such as why do you want to work for SRA and why do you want to work in this position. Then I received a call a week later that they wanted an in person interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

hiring manager came to where i was working to interview me

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SRA International in August 2012.

The interview was a three step process and consisted of technical and business interviews

Interview Questions
    • What factor would you not consider when you provide technical briefing   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SRA International in July 2012.

Applied online; granted interview; very nice people and work environment; offices were good and company seemed supportive of further training and career enhancement. In the end I declined the offer because there was nothing "special" about the job (lots of government work, culture is kinda bland) and it would have been a very long commute. So I stayed where I am.

Interview Questions
    • Describe s situation with a past client where they were not happy at first. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Too long of a commute

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scott AFB, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Scott AFB, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SRA International in May 2012.

SRA wanted to find out if I can be available before my current expected terminal leave start. This position was a must fill right away requisition. The interviewer is a very pleasant person and I felt bad that I could not change the date I am available for this job that would have a direct supporting relationship to an important DoD mission.

Interview Questions
    • What do you currently do and how does it relate to this current opening as you have read it?   Answer Question