SRA International

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in May 2010.

Interview Details – I recieved a phone call from the recruiter. He was very nice and helpful. Answered all my questions about the company and the benefits . When I had my phpne interview with the PM, it went really great. He was very easy to talk to and gave me the job immediately. The process was very smooth, except with the Security department. They lost my paper work a few times and I had to go out of my way to continuly fax them the paper work, at the time I was living in another state. The closest Kinkos was 45minutes away. They never said sorry.

Negotiation Details – my personal experience and how I feel know; is I got low balled... Part of that is my fault. research, stick to your guns, don't take 10K less

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter on campus at a career fair and then at an information session. I was selected for an interview through our Career Center's job recruiting website, where I submitted my cover letter and resume. My interview consisted of a 45 minute conversation. It was a fairly straight forward personality interview. There were no tricky questions, just straight forward, why do you want to work for SRA etc. My chemistry with my interviewer was quite poor though. Throughout the interview I knew it wasn't going well. We was not conversational at all, and when I finished speaking would just stare at me. Even though the questions were easy, it was still more uncomfortable than many other interviews I've had.

Interview Question – Nothing that tricky. One introspective question was, "You appear to work very hard in a variety of fields, what is your source of motivation?"   Answer Question

NOC Engineer Interview

NOC Engineer
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SRA International in December 2010.

Interview Details – Network troubleshooting scenario from Layer 1 to Layer 4.

Interview Question – Explain TCP/IP 3-Way Handshaking.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Salary was above market.

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

Interview Details – First, I had an on campus interview where I was asked basic behavioral questions. The next day, I received an email saying that I had made it to the 2nd round. Afterwards, the college recruiter called me to set up another interview in their Fairfax location where I met up with one of the project managers. He mostly asked questions about my experiences so be prepared to backup your resume.

Both were simple interviews. Not too many technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were unwilling to negotiate.

Washington, DC

The process took 4 months - interviewed at SRA International in December 2010.

Interview Details – SRA came to my university back in October for on-campus interviewing. I was selected to move forward after a 30 minute interview with a manager. I went up to Fairfax, VA for a second interview. I had two interviews with managers that were each about 30 minutes. The questions were pretty basic, why do you want to work for SRA, etc. I was offered a position in March in DC. The offer was very low compared to what my friends' offers were straight out of school, especially living in DC.

Throughout the whole recruiting process SRA was completely unresponsive to me. They told me during my interview they would get back to me in 2 weeks, I didn't hear back for about 4 months. When I inquired they told me they weren't hiring. After my offer was given, I had to inquire about benefits, etc. The recruiter took a few days to answer my questions. HR is extremely disorganized

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Received another offer that was about 30% higher. I would have taken the offer had I not received another one.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly behavioral, with the hiring manager asking a lot of questions about where I thought I would be a good fit. She was constantly taking notes on the keywords I was dropping. Towards the end, she asked the regular, "how much am I looking for", to which I replied with my threshold. She didn't seem too enthusiastic about my threshold, which was in the norm with my age and experience.

Regardless, they were friendly, courteous and professional.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for SRA international?   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

Data Architect
Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2008.

Interview Details – consisted of internal and customer interview

Interview Question – What can you do for me?   Answer Question

Pentagon Support Interview

Pentagon Support
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was a pretty easy interview. No questions that were terribly challenging, no real unorthodox behavioral questions, and mainly how my exact skills would fit into 1) the project and 2) the specific office where I'd be working (staff augmentee). Be prepared to provide proof of prior work. Staffers were friendly and many of the folks had been with the company for a very long time. Salary was competitive - they gave me exactly what I asked for.

Interview Question – How do you manage competing deadlines?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another job elsewhere.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a mid-level manager at the internal "career fair." A simple, "Do you know X technology?" type of interview. That progressed me to a phone interview that was slightly more technical, which consisted of, "How would you do Y in X technology?" Again, pretty simple. Then I went up to interview with the team manager and a developer. 3 hours of esoteric, deep, and likely unrelated-to-the-job technical questions, I was sent on my way. After 2 weeks of waiting, a simple email saying that they would not be able to use me in the position was sent. No reason as to if I lacked technical knowledge, experience, or social skills.

Interview Question – Write an efficient method to reverse a string.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SRA International in April 2010.

Interview Details – Consisted of one on campus interview and an onsite interview with two employees. Very casual environment, with easy behaviorial questions. Responses from HR very slow if any at all.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you analyzed a large amount of data.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SRA International