SRA International

Updated Jan 10, 2015
Updated Jan 10, 2015

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SRA International in August 2011.

Phone and face to face

Interview Questions
    • Did not get any difficult questions, it's all related to the technology that I will be working on   Answer Question

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SRA International in December 2010.

Network troubleshooting scenario from Layer 1 to Layer 4.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Salary was above market.

Associate Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SRA International in December 2010.

SRA came to my university back in October for on-campus interviewing. I was selected to move forward after a 30 minute interview with a manager. I went up to Fairfax, VA for a second interview. I had two interviews with managers that were each about 30 minutes. The questions were pretty basic, why do you want to work for SRA, etc. I was offered a position in March in DC. The offer was very low compared to what my friends' offers were straight out of school, especially living in DC.

Throughout the whole recruiting process SRA was completely unresponsive to me. They told me during my interview they would get back to me in 2 weeks, I didn't hear back for about 4 months. When I inquired they told me they weren't hiring. After my offer was given, I had to inquire about benefits, etc. The recruiter took a few days to answer my questions. HR is extremely disorganized

Interview Questions

Received another offer that was about 30% higher. I would have taken the offer had I not received another one.

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SRA International in October 2010.

Multiple interviews with company executives in one two to three hour period. Interviewers asked about my background, experience and nature of my degrees. We discussed the parameters and responsibilities of the position. Asked about willingness to do other work if customer or company priorities changed. Process was professional and no surprises.

discussed salary with HR rep and hiring authority finalized.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SRA International in September 2010.

The interview was mostly behavioral, with the hiring manager asking a lot of questions about where I thought I would be a good fit. She was constantly taking notes on the keywords I was dropping. Towards the end, she asked the regular, "how much am I looking for", to which I replied with my threshold. She didn't seem too enthusiastic about my threshold, which was in the norm with my age and experience.

Regardless, they were friendly, courteous and professional.

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SRA International in August 2010.

Very social environment. Was able to meet and interact with staff. Company was selling themselves as much as I was selling myself. I had two interviews, the first was one on one with the head of the department and the next was with the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    Simple, they offered above what I was anticipating

Program/Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SRA International in July 2010.

Was contacted by the current incumbent for a telephone interview. Was then brought in to interview with the customer. Was offered a position after the customer interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember specific questions, but the interview was very much focused on the specific customer I was interviewing to support, not the company. If you're interviewing, I would recommend researching the organization SRA wants you to work for.   Answer Question
    I asked for additional leave, which they refused but offered me more money instead. I learned later than another colleague did get additional leave, so if it's important to you, push for it.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SRA International in June 2010.

I interviewed with a mid-level manager at the internal "career fair." A simple, "Do you know X technology?" type of interview. That progressed me to a phone interview that was slightly more technical, which consisted of, "How would you do Y in X technology?" Again, pretty simple. Then I went up to interview with the team manager and a developer. 3 hours of esoteric, deep, and likely unrelated-to-the-job technical questions, I was sent on my way. After 2 weeks of waiting, a simple email saying that they would not be able to use me in the position was sent. No reason as to if I lacked technical knowledge, experience, or social skills.

Interview Questions
    • Write an efficient method to reverse a string.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SRA International in May 2010.

I recieved a phone call from the recruiter. He was very nice and helpful. Answered all my questions about the company and the benefits . When I had my phpne interview with the PM, it went really great. He was very easy to talk to and gave me the job immediately. The process was very smooth, except with the Security department. They lost my paper work a few times and I had to go out of my way to continuly fax them the paper work, at the time I was living in another state. The closest Kinkos was 45minutes away. They never said sorry.

my personal experience and how I feel know; is I got low balled... Part of that is my fault. research, stick to your guns, don't take 10K less

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SRA International in May 2010.

Referral from a friend is what started the interview process. Met at a Panera Bread and was questioned by 3 SRA software developers.

Interview Questions
    • Specific question on code design and my thoughts. Not my cup of tea, explained that I was willing to learn whatever is required for the position.   Answer Question
    3 Day negotiation. SRA countered when a rival offered me more.