SRA International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Help Desk Specialist
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in September 2013.

Interview Details – The person who interviewed me definitely knew their stuff and I was able to get everything right. The perosn was very competent, and they were very friendly. We had a good time.

Interview Question – If we offered you the job tomorrow, would you immediately accept it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take full advantage of the benefits.

Multimedia Developer Interview

Multimedia Developer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SRA International in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very social environment. Was able to meet and interact with staff. Company was selling themselves as much as I was selling myself. I had two interviews, the first was one on one with the head of the department and the next was with the team I would be working with.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, they offered above what I was anticipating

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Information Assurance Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 different people. They were all hospitable and friendly.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation required. The offer was very fair.

Very Easy Interview

Asset Manager Interview

Asset Manager
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in January 2010.

Interview Details – interview was conducted with 2 separate people, no hard questions just based on your knowledge of the job.

Negotiation Details – asked me my salary requirements no negotiating needed salary was accepted.

Associate Editor Interview

Associate Editor
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – After I submitted my resume and cover letter in response to a posted job ad, SRA staff contacted me first by email to ask me to take an editing test. I took the test, and if I remember correctly, we talked briefly by phone. They then offered me the job. This was one of several on-call, part-time editor positions they were filling at the time. SRA interviewers (the hiring manager and her supervisor) were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – I don't recall a difficult quetion. The main difficulty was the editing test.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SRA International in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a panel interview with the senior program managers and lower level managers. There were multiple panels with different staff members during the same day. The questions were traditional in nature and did not focus on technical aspects of the position.

Interview Question – How did you feel about your past supervisor?   Answer Question

Network Security Specialist Interview

Network Security Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a cold email from a recruiter at the beginning of August 2013. I had previously submitted an older resume into the general Cyber Security talent pool back in November 2012, and also had a previous interview for a different position within SRA (which I did not get selected for, and was only based on a contract proposal). I was very surprised with the speed with which I got scheduled and into the facility to speak with the team leadership.

The team was very interested in the work I had done previously with regards to the project they were supporting, and did mention the caveat that this work would commence in September pending the outcome of their contract award (it appears they were waiting on a cooling off period with respect to the award as a precaution; they were upfront with this information).

About 10 days after the interview, I did receive a contingent offer from the HR recruiter. It did appear to be rather serious, given that I had more to sign and return than just the obligatory offer letter (having fielded two previous contingent offers in the past two months, only to have them fall through for one reason or another). Hopefully things clear up soon and I can get to work, because I've been out for much longer than I had anticipated or expected.

Interview Question – Did field some questions related to leadership roles in positions other than in technical ones (i.e. clubs, fraternal organizations, etc.).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not so much a real negotiation. Need to be flexible with your limits in terms of what you want in compensation. One of the big killers these days is going way too high on a figure and then standing firm on it. Of course, should another offer show up, then it's a matter of making sure other parties are aware you're 1) being courted, and 2) getting into the best situation for yourself.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Proposal Coordinator
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through Indeed.com about 7-10 days later I received a follow-up email from the HR rep. The email had 5 follow-up questions (e.g. desired salary, desired commute distance/time, etc) which I answered & got an email back asking when would be a good day & time for a phone interview with them. My phone interview with HR was very brief (about 10-15 mins) where the HR rep explained the position to me a bit more & then set up a day & time for me to come in for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the office for my in-person interview I was pleasantly surprised by how big the HQ campus was (they offer free parking!) & how friendly everyone was. At HQ, everyone gets a personal office but if you work in the Arlington location which they just remodeled then everyone has a cubical office. My interview started off with meeting 2 higher-up. They spent our time telling me about the company & the organizational structure of the company. They asked a few questions about me but this session was more of a conversation then being grilled with questions. After 30 mins with them, I was interviewed by the people who would be my possible manager & colleagues. They were a very jovial bunch, who asked some behavioral & technical questions. There technique was to ask questions about specific skills & expertise that I my have -- I found out towards the end of the session why they went about asking things the way they did. Their previous employee lacked in the areas they were grilling me on so they wanted to make sure I was fully capable of doing the job & not just making fluff about my expertise. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone pushed you out of your chair & said, "Get out of the way. I can do this better & faster than you." How would you handle a situation like this, especially if it was a VP of the company?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Lead Editor Interview

Lead Editor
Frederick, MD

I applied online and interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Received an email from the HR recruiter one day after I applied for the position. We set up a phone interview for the next day. She was very nice - started the conversation by asking what I do now and why I'm in the job market. She almost immediately then asked what my salary expectations are - what I make now and what I hope to make. I told her what I make now and that I just didn't want to take a pay CUT and she was very honest explaining that because they're a government contractor, it would be a massive pay cut and told me what the range would be (it would be a huge pay cut). I really appreciated her honesty and upfront approach so we didn't waste time going back and forth.

Interview Question – None, very straightforward   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Interview Details – hiring manager came to where i was working to interview me

Negotiation Details – no

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!