SRA International Interview Questions in Washington, DC

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in September 2013.

The person who interviewed me definitely knew their stuff and I was able to get everything right. The perosn was very competent, and they were very friendly. We had a good time.

Interview Questions
    • If we offered you the job tomorrow, would you immediately accept it?   Answer Question
    Take full advantage of the benefits.

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SRA International in August 2010.

Very social environment. Was able to meet and interact with staff. Company was selling themselves as much as I was selling myself. I had two interviews, the first was one on one with the head of the department and the next was with the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    Simple, they offered above what I was anticipating

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at SRA International.

Interviewed with 3 different people. They were all hospitable and friendly.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation required. The offer was very fair.

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in January 2010.

interview was conducted with 2 separate people, no hard questions just based on your knowledge of the job.

asked me my salary requirements no negotiating needed salary was accepted.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SRA International.

After I submitted my resume and cover letter in response to a posted job ad, SRA staff contacted me first by email to ask me to take an editing test. I took the test, and if I remember correctly, we talked briefly by phone. They then offered me the job. This was one of several on-call, part-time editor positions they were filling at the time. SRA interviewers (the hiring manager and her supervisor) were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a difficult quetion. The main difficulty was the editing test.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SRA International in May 2009.

The interview was a panel interview with the senior program managers and lower level managers. There were multiple panels with different staff members during the same day. The questions were traditional in nature and did not focus on technical aspects of the position.

Network Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Received a cold email from a recruiter at the beginning of August 2013. I had previously submitted an older resume into the general Cyber Security talent pool back in November 2012, and also had a previous interview for a different position within SRA (which I did not get selected for, and was only based on a contract proposal). I was very surprised with the speed with which I got scheduled and into the facility to speak with the team leadership.

The team was very interested in the work I had done previously with regards to the project they were supporting, and did mention the caveat that this work would commence in September pending the outcome of their contract award (it appears they were waiting on a cooling off period with respect to the award as a precaution; they were upfront with this information).

About 10 days after the interview, I did receive a contingent offer from the HR recruiter. It did appear to be rather serious, given that I had more to sign and return than just the obligatory offer letter (having fielded two previous contingent offers in the past two months, only to have them fall through for one reason or another). Hopefully things clear up soon and I can get to work, because I've been out for much longer than I had anticipated or expected.

Interview Questions
    • Did field some questions related to leadership roles in positions other than in technical ones (i.e. clubs, fraternal organizations, etc.).   View Answer
    Not so much a real negotiation. Need to be flexible with your limits in terms of what you want in compensation. One of the big killers these days is going way too high on a figure and then standing firm on it. Of course, should another offer show up, then it's a matter of making sure other parties are aware you're 1) being courted, and 2) getting into the best situation for yourself.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2013.

Submitted my resume through Indeed.com about 7-10 days later I received a follow-up email from the HR rep. The email had 5 follow-up questions (e.g. desired salary, desired commute distance/time, etc) which I answered & got an email back asking when would be a good day & time for a phone interview with them. My phone interview with HR was very brief (about 10-15 mins) where the HR rep explained the position to me a bit more & then set up a day & time for me to come in for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the office for my in-person interview I was pleasantly surprised by how big the HQ campus was (they offer free parking!) & how friendly everyone was. At HQ, everyone gets a personal office but if you work in the Arlington location which they just remodeled then everyone has a cubical office. My interview started off with meeting 2 higher-up. They spent our time telling me about the company & the organizational structure of the company. They asked a few questions about me but this session was more of a conversation then being grilled with questions. After 30 mins with them, I was interviewed by the people who would be my possible manager & colleagues. They were a very jovial bunch, who asked some behavioral & technical questions. There technique was to ask questions about specific skills & expertise that I my have -- I found out towards the end of the session why they went about asking things the way they did. Their previous employee lacked in the areas they were grilling me on so they wanted to make sure I was fully capable of doing the job & not just making fluff about my expertise. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone pushed you out of your chair & said, "Get out of the way. I can do this better & faster than you." How would you handle a situation like this, especially if it was a VP of the company?   View Answer

Lead Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online - interviewed at SRA International.

Received an email from the HR recruiter one day after I applied for the position. We set up a phone interview for the next day. She was very nice - started the conversation by asking what I do now and why I'm in the job market. She almost immediately then asked what my salary expectations are - what I make now and what I hope to make. I told her what I make now and that I just didn't want to take a pay CUT and she was very honest explaining that because they're a government contractor, it would be a massive pay cut and told me what the range would be (it would be a huge pay cut). I really appreciated her honesty and upfront approach so we didn't waste time going back and forth.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

hiring manager came to where i was working to interview me

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!