SRA International Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.5

Senior Director, BD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at SRA International (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

In person coffee with BD VP, was asked to describe my current day to day responsibilities. Was asked to go over my territory plans, client call plans and Sales strategy for HHS/VA. Once I walked them through the plans i was asked specific questions on how i manage my current staff and report metrics, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable managing a team and running capture, bids and proposal support?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SRA International (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone and then In Person Interview. I was called for an telephone interview where they asked me technical questions. After passing that interview I was called in for an in person interview. This part was a mix of technical and personality.

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. They were all hospitable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation required. The offer was very fair.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SRA International (Frederick, MD).

Interview

After I submitted my resume and cover letter in response to a posted job ad, SRA staff contacted me first by email to ask me to take an editing test. I took the test, and if I remember correctly, we talked briefly by phone. They then offered me the job. This was one of several on-call, part-time editor positions they were filling at the time. SRA interviewers (the hiring manager and her supervisor) were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a difficult quetion. The main difficulty was the editing test.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the recruiter. She was extremely nice, but really didn't know much about the position. About 20 minute phone call going over background and salary expectations. After that I was asked to fill out some paperwork prior to going to the in person interview. The in Person interview was with 2 people, they both seemed extremely tired, but were nice... Mostly behavioral questions. They did have a written portion. They asked me to write down an email response to someone that had inquired about a forgotten password.

Associate Growth Program Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SRA International (Fairfax, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online through university career center in the fall, was contacted not long after applying to schedule an on-campus interview. Was asked a few days after on-campus interview to come to final round in-person interview on-site at Fairfax, VA headquarters. Interviewed with 4 people, including program supervisors and middle management, in a very comfortable, conversational setting; all qualitative, "get to know you" type questions. Treated to informal lunch with two current members of the program, good opportunity to talk candidly and ask questions about the program/position. Received offer over the phone no more than 2 weeks after final round.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in fast-paced group settings with a steep learning curve and very quick deadlines?   Answer Question

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SRA International (Rockville, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

The person who interviewed me definitely knew their stuff and I was able to get everything right. The perosn was very competent, and they were very friendly. We had a good time.

Interview Questions

• If we offered you the job tomorrow, would you immediately accept it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take full advantage of the benefits.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SRA International (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through Indeed.com about 7-10 days later I received a follow-up email from the HR rep. The email had 5 follow-up questions (e.g. desired salary, desired commute distance/time, etc) which I answered & got an email back asking when would be a good day & time for a phone interview with them. My phone interview with HR was very brief (about 10-15 mins) where the HR rep explained the position to me a bit more & then set up a day & time for me to come in for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the office for my in-person interview I was pleasantly surprised by how big the HQ campus was (they offer free parking!) & how friendly everyone was. At HQ, everyone gets a personal office but if you work in the Arlington location which they just remodeled then everyone has a cubical office. My interview started off with meeting 2 higher-up. They spent our time telling me about the company & the organizational structure of the company. They asked a few questions about me but this session was more of a conversation then being grilled with questions. After 30 mins with them, I was interviewed by the people who would be my possible manager & colleagues. They were a very jovial bunch, who asked some behavioral & technical questions. There technique was to ask questions about specific skills & expertise that I my have -- I found out towards the end of the session why they went about asking things the way they did. Their previous employee lacked in the areas they were grilling me on so they wanted to make sure I was fully capable of doing the job & not just making fluff about my expertise. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone pushed you out of your chair & said, "Get out of the way. I can do this better & faster than you." How would you handle a situation like this, especially if it was a VP of the company?   1 Answer

Network Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SRA International (Arlington, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a cold email from a recruiter at the beginning of August 2013. I had previously submitted an older resume into the general Cyber Security talent pool back in November 2012, and also had a previous interview for a different position within SRA (which I did not get selected for, and was only based on a contract proposal). I was very surprised with the speed with which I got scheduled and into the facility to speak with the team leadership. The team was very interested in the work I had done previously with regards to the project they were supporting, and did mention the caveat that this work would commence in September pending the outcome of their contract award (it appears they were waiting on a cooling off period with respect to the award as a precaution; they were upfront with this information). About 10 days after the interview, I did receive a contingent offer from the HR recruiter. It did appear to be rather serious, given that I had more to sign and return than just the obligatory offer letter (having fielded two previous contingent offers in the past two months, only to have them fall through for one reason or another). Hopefully things clear up soon and I can get to work, because I've been out for much longer than I had anticipated or expected.

Interview Questions

• Did field some questions related to leadership roles in positions other than in technical ones (i.e. clubs, fraternal organizations, etc.).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not so much a real negotiation. Need to be flexible with your limits in terms of what you want in compensation. One of the big killers these days is going way too high on a figure and then standing firm on it. Of course, should another offer show up, then it's a matter of making sure other parties are aware you're 1) being courted, and 2) getting into the best situation for yourself.

Lead Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SRA International (Frederick, MD).

Interview

Received an email from the HR recruiter one day after I applied for the position. We set up a phone interview for the next day. She was very nice - started the conversation by asking what I do now and why I'm in the job market. She almost immediately then asked what my salary expectations are - what I make now and what I hope to make. I told her what I make now and that I just didn't want to take a pay CUT and she was very honest explaining that because they're a government contractor, it would be a massive pay cut and told me what the range would be (it would be a huge pay cut). I really appreciated her honesty and upfront approach so we didn't waste time going back and forth.