SRA International

Very Easy Interview

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Arlington, VA

I applied online and interviewed at SRA International.

Interview Details – Had a phone screen interview, then met with a few peers and my direct supervisor, then was offered a job after the meeting

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. Told me what I was offered and that was it.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone screening interview that lasted less than 30 minutes with basic questions such as why do you want to work for SRA and why do you want to work in this position. Then I received a call a week later that they wanted an in person interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes

Interview Question – What did you dislike most about your last job?   Answer Question

Associate Member Interview

Associate Member
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in March 2013.

Interview Details – I originally approached them at an on-campus career fair. I talked briefly to the representative and was scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was very informal and the representative seemed more focus on selling SRA. I was asked questions about my previous experience and what I am looking for in a company.

Afterwards, I received an email from an HR representative inviting me to an on-site interview at Fairfax, VA. Upon arriving, I was scheduled to have lunch at a local restaurant with two relatively new hires. The lunch was informal and we chatted about what SRA does, what they do, why I am interested, what role would I fit in at the company, etc. I was then scheduled for three interviews with more senior members of the company. All of the questions were behavioral or related to my previous experience. It seems like they are looking for someone who fits into their culture. All of the interviews were around 30 minutes long.

I was then asked to fill out an online application and have an additional phone interview with a senior member. After that phone interview, I was never contacted again. The HR representative ignored my requests for a status update. I did not receive compensation for travelling to Fairfax. I enjoyed the interview experience and liked the company, but was slightly unhappy that they didn't explicitly give me a final response.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Server Administrator Interview

Server Administrator
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was given an on-site interview with the project leader and his tech lead. It was a very friendly session and I was not made to feel like I was being grilled.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Bethesda, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in March 2009.

Interview Details – I knew somebody at the company from a previous job. He helped me find a job posting on their website that would get me in to an interview. I interviewed with three people and submitted some original material to show that I knew what I was doing. I got an offer and accepted. The whole process from phone call to first day on the job took about 5 weeks. It definitely helps to know someone on the inside.

Interview Question – Since I was coming from another contractor, I had to explain why I needed to change companies when the jobs were so similar.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a federal contracting job so the companies all pay about the same. The company made me an offer and I accepted.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SRA International in November 2008.

Interview Details – The posting for a help desk analyst was found on a University student's job resource webpage, and it took over a month to get a call back for an interview once the application was submitted. Interview was with the Help Desk manager and Team Lead. Both were friendly and asked good questions that were both technical and non-technical. The interview questions were not tricky or suspicious, and the meeting lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked in the interview. The interviewers asked questions based on my resume and asked for elaboration.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at SRA International in February 2008.

Interview Details – Worked as a sub to SRA until a position opened up. Project lead connected me to the practice area leader and began the interview/hiring process. There was one phone screen and one unstructured interview, then they went silent for several weeks. I had an offer after following up. The process took about ten weeks total.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very good and I accepted it as offered.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SRA International in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online; granted interview; very nice people and work environment; offices were good and company seemed supportive of further training and career enhancement. In the end I declined the offer because there was nothing "special" about the job (lots of government work, culture is kinda bland) and it would have been a very long commute. So I stayed where I am.

Interview Question – Describe s situation with a past client where they were not happy at first. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too long of a commute

Technical Director Interview

Technical Director
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a three step process and consisted of technical and business interviews

Interview Question – What factor would you not consider when you provide technical briefing   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in May 2010.

Interview Details – Simple, behavioral questions on where I see myself in future and how can I add value to the company

Interview Question – What are your strenghs?   Answer Question