SRA International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Multimedia Developer Interview

Multimedia Developer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SRA International in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very social environment. Was able to meet and interact with staff. Company was selling themselves as much as I was selling myself. I had two interviews, the first was one on one with the head of the department and the next was with the team I would be working with.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, they offered above what I was anticipating

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in January 2013.

Interview Details – hiring manager came to where i was working to interview me

Negotiation Details – no

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in May 2010.

Interview Details – Simple, behavioral questions on where I see myself in future and how can I add value to the company

Interview Question – What are your strenghs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter on campus at a career fair and then at an information session. I was selected for an interview through our Career Center's job recruiting website, where I submitted my cover letter and resume. My interview consisted of a 45 minute conversation. It was a fairly straight forward personality interview. There were no tricky questions, just straight forward, why do you want to work for SRA etc. My chemistry with my interviewer was quite poor though. Throughout the interview I knew it wasn't going well. We was not conversational at all, and when I finished speaking would just stare at me. Even though the questions were easy, it was still more uncomfortable than many other interviews I've had.

Interview Question – Nothing that tricky. One introspective question was, "You appear to work very hard in a variety of fields, what is your source of motivation?"   Answer Question

Associate Member Interview

Associate Member
Washington, DC

The process took 4 months - interviewed at SRA International in December 2010.

Interview Details – SRA came to my university back in October for on-campus interviewing. I was selected to move forward after a 30 minute interview with a manager. I went up to Fairfax, VA for a second interview. I had two interviews with managers that were each about 30 minutes. The questions were pretty basic, why do you want to work for SRA, etc. I was offered a position in March in DC. The offer was very low compared to what my friends' offers were straight out of school, especially living in DC.

Throughout the whole recruiting process SRA was completely unresponsive to me. They told me during my interview they would get back to me in 2 weeks, I didn't hear back for about 4 months. When I inquired they told me they weren't hiring. After my offer was given, I had to inquire about benefits, etc. The recruiter took a few days to answer my questions. HR is extremely disorganized

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Received another offer that was about 30% higher. I would have taken the offer had I not received another one.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SRA International in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly behavioral, with the hiring manager asking a lot of questions about where I thought I would be a good fit. She was constantly taking notes on the keywords I was dropping. Towards the end, she asked the regular, "how much am I looking for", to which I replied with my threshold. She didn't seem too enthusiastic about my threshold, which was in the norm with my age and experience.

Regardless, they were friendly, courteous and professional.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for SRA international?   Answer Question

Pentagon Support Interview

Pentagon Support
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SRA International in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was a pretty easy interview. No questions that were terribly challenging, no real unorthodox behavioral questions, and mainly how my exact skills would fit into 1) the project and 2) the specific office where I'd be working (staff augmentee). Be prepared to provide proof of prior work. Staffers were friendly and many of the folks had been with the company for a very long time. Salary was competitive - they gave me exactly what I asked for.

Interview Question – How do you manage competing deadlines?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another job elsewhere.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRA International in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a mid-level manager at the internal "career fair." A simple, "Do you know X technology?" type of interview. That progressed me to a phone interview that was slightly more technical, which consisted of, "How would you do Y in X technology?" Again, pretty simple. Then I went up to interview with the team manager and a developer. 3 hours of esoteric, deep, and likely unrelated-to-the-job technical questions, I was sent on my way. After 2 weeks of waiting, a simple email saying that they would not be able to use me in the position was sent. No reason as to if I lacked technical knowledge, experience, or social skills.

Interview Question – Write an efficient method to reverse a string.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRA International in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very straight forward ... interviewed at Touchstone division ... neat folks, sub-par offer

Interview Question – Tell us abut yourself   View Answer

Program/Project Manager Interview

Program/Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SRA International in June 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a phone interview with a team member. Second interview was in-person with the Program Manager and a team member. The third interview with the client was scheduled but cancelled. The client cancelled the interview and instructed the Program manager that interview could be bypass.

Interview Question – Are all stakeholders equal when a conflict arises?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was not required. I received what I requested in salary.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!