SRI International

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SRI International.

Interview Details – The process was very smooth and team-oriented. I could tell that much attention was paid to transparency, efficiency, and communication with me as a prospective employee. As part of the in-person interview, I was provided with a short walking tour of the campus, which helped me to get a sense of the work environment and culture outside of the structured interview setting.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. There was interest in specific examples of transferable skills from former work experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at SRI International.

Interview Details – Apply online, phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with manager then an onsite with a schedule of people to interview 1 on 1 with. Mostly questions based on your resume, etc.

Interview Question – None, straightforward interview project based.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRI International.

Interview Details – HR Recruiter will call you for an informal interview if you fit the qualification and set you up with the department interviewers, usually 2 or 3. It takes about 3-4 weeks to finally get brought in. The interviewers may look intimidating but they area very casual.

Interview Question – Very basic questions regarding your personal experience.   View Answer

Student Associate Interview

Student Associate

I interviewed at SRI International in January 2013.

Interview Details – HR + technical

Interview Question – what are shaders?   View Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Computer Scientist

Interview Details – I was contacted 2 months ago with a 45min phone screening. Had a onsite interview at SRI, talking with 7-8 scientists and a giving a presentation before lunch. The conversations mostly concentrate on my research experience. Be careful when they ask about your interests on the projects in their group.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. One question about fitting a plane to a set of points in a 3D space.   Answer Question

Senior Education Researcher Interview

Senior Education Researcher
Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SRI International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Easy but takes several weeks

Interview Question – Asking for a criminal background check   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not willing to move, compensation was not enough

International Fellow Interview

International Fellow
Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SRI International in March 2013.

Interview Details – With my advisor's referral, the interview was simple and short. only a few questions on my current research, no coding stuff.

Very Easy Interview

Desktop Support Interview

Desktop Support
Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SRI International in November 2011.

Interview Details – you really need to know someone to get in the door

Interview Question – no questions really, my experience matched what they were looking for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Computer Scientist Interview

Computer Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SRI International.

Interview Details – Resume sent online, followed by a phone interview and an onsite interview. On site I gave a 40-min talk, and met 6~7 engineers/managers to mostly discuss my experience and how it's relevant to their projects. Everyone was nice and reasonable.

Interview Question – Some in-depth technical question about independent component analysis / blind deconvolution   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very negotiable

Senior Technician Interview

Senior Technician
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SRI International in December 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact from HR staff. Interview arranged. Initial meeting with HR for explanation of benefits. Interview with hiring manager and senior technical staff. Questions about background, experience, expectations. Very congenial, no third degree.

Interview Question – No difficult questions in my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My salary expectations were inline with what I had been making previously, and reasonable for my experience. I was offered exactly what I asked for.

Worked for SRI International? Contribute to the Community!