SRI International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for the position that the company had advertised but was low-balled with another low-paying temporary position while being interviewed. Company seems quite disorganized in its scheduling of interviews and does not seem to do its research at what potential candidates are applying for. Sheer waste of time.

Junior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SRI International (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR recruiter and set up for a phone interview with her. She told me about the company and gauged my interest. She then set up a phone interview with the supervisor of the position. We talked for 15 minutes, he asked me about my resume and why I was interested in the position. I was then set up for a 3-4 hour on site interview. I met in person with the HR recruiter, the supervisor, and three other engineers at the company. All of the interviews were pretty standard. Everyone was nice and friendly. I did not hear anything from them after my interview. I contacted the recruiter a few weeks later to find out I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked a mix of resume questions and technical questions. Some resume questions were pretty specific, asking small details about previous research experiences. They asked me some problems and riddles on the spot as well.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

The process was very smooth and team-oriented. I could tell that much attention was paid to transparency, efficiency, and communication with me as a prospective employee. As part of the in-person interview, I was provided with a short walking tour of the campus, which helped me to get a sense of the work environment and culture outside of the structured interview setting.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. There was interest in specific examples of transferable skills from former work experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with manager then an onsite with a schedule of people to interview 1 on 1 with. Mostly questions based on your resume, etc.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

HR Recruiter will call you for an informal interview if you fit the qualification and set you up with the department interviewers, usually 2 or 3. It takes about 3-4 weeks to finally get brought in. The interviewers may look intimidating but they area very casual.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions regarding your personal experience.   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

I was contacted 2 months ago with a 45min phone screening. Had a onsite interview at SRI, talking with 7-8 scientists and a giving a presentation before lunch. The conversations mostly concentrate on my research experience. Be careful when they ask about your interests on the projects in their group.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. One question about fitting a plane to a set of points in a 3D space.   Answer Question

Student Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRI International (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

email invitation for an interview. phone call for the interview. 3 people in the group asked me questions about what tools do I use. My research background. ETC. I waited for about 3 weeks for their response. I got referral from sb I knew there. They are generally very friendly persons.

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

Resume sent online, followed by a phone interview and an onsite interview. On site I gave a 40-min talk, and met 6~7 engineers/managers to mostly discuss my experience and how it's relevant to their projects. Everyone was nice and reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Some in-depth technical question about independent component analysis / blind deconvolution   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very negotiable

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

I had a wonderful interview process.

Interview Questions

• It was a great conversational interview. Not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fine.

Senior Education Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SRI International (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Easy but takes several weeks

Interview Questions

Not willing to move, compensation was not enough