SRI International

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Scientist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SRI International.

Interview Details – I was contacted 2 months ago with a 45min phone screening. Had a onsite interview at SRI, talking with 7-8 scientists and a giving a presentation before lunch. The conversations mostly concentrate on my research experience. Be careful when they ask about your interests on the projects in their group.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. One question about fitting a plane to a set of points in a 3D space.   Answer Question

Senior Education Researcher Interview

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SRI International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Easy but takes several weeks

Interview Question – Asking for a criminal background check   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not willing to move, compensation was not enough

Computer Scientist
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SRI International in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied, and it took 3 months for them to get back to me. The first step was a 30 minute phone interview with the head of the lab and a second researcher who had a speciality in my thesis work. A few days later, I was then invited by and HR representative for a full day on-site interview that worked around my academic schedule.
One thing that happened however, is that before I had a chance to offer them references they reached out to my thesis advisor.

Interview Question – What is SVD/what information can be gained from it? What is polymorphism in C++? How do you fit a plane to a set of points?   Answer Question

International Fellow Interview

International Fellow
Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SRI International in March 2013.

Interview Details – With my advisor's referral, the interview was simple and short. only a few questions on my current research, no coding stuff.

Very Easy Interview

Desktop Support Interview

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SRI International in November 2011.

Interview Details – you really need to know someone to get in the door

Interview Question – no questions really, my experience matched what they were looking for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Computer Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SRI International.

Interview Details – Resume sent online, followed by a phone interview and an onsite interview. On site I gave a 40-min talk, and met 6~7 engineers/managers to mostly discuss my experience and how it's relevant to their projects. Everyone was nice and reasonable.

Interview Question – Some in-depth technical question about independent component analysis / blind deconvolution   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very negotiable

Senior Technician Interview

Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SRI International in December 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact from HR staff. Interview arranged. Initial meeting with HR for explanation of benefits. Interview with hiring manager and senior technical staff. Questions about background, experience, expectations. Very congenial, no third degree.

Interview Question – No difficult questions in my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My salary expectations were inline with what I had been making previously, and reasonable for my experience. I was offered exactly what I asked for.

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SRI International.

Interview Details – I had a wonderful interview process.

Interview Question – It was a great conversational interview. Not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fine.

Victims Advocate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SRI International.

Interview Details – Really easy. they asked very basic questions.
What are your 3 best qualities?
What is the cycle of abuse?
What is your experience?
really typical and quick.
I did my interview via skype it was very informal

Interview Question – What is victimology?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation...I tried to negotiate but they werent accepting.

Data Analysis Interview

Interviewed at SRI International

Interview Details – A 30 minutes phone interview about some projects you have done before

Interview Question – Can you give me one example about your experience about dealing with a big scale data set?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SRI International

Worked for SRI International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SRI International interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by SRI International employees and interview candidates.