SRP Interview Questions

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SRP.

Interview

I applied on SRP's website and received an email about 1 month later stating that I have interview for the position. The person in the email said to call a number and we'll get scheduled, so I did and everything was set up. I get there and am brought into a conference room. I was under the impression there would be 3, maybe 5 people max interviewing me. Wrong. The entire division of 10 people came in to ask me interview questions along with the director. This wasn't some high profile management position so I don't know what they were thinking.

Interview Questions

• Questions like 'name a time when...'; 'have you ever had a difficult experience with another employee...'. Seemed to be mostly behavioral questions with specific questions about your background thrown in there.   Answer Question

IT Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SRP.

Interview

From what I hear, SRP is a great company to work for but they are slow in making decisions. I had an interview over a month ago, and they still have not made a decision as to who they would like to bring into the organization (I know this because I have family connections that can give me updates through the Hiring Manager there).

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with the different theories associated with Change Management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SRP (Tempe, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Odd interview. Overly grilled on number of areas, not so much on my abilities but in other areas. They were thorough, so be prepared to give detailed answers on your skillsets and quite a long variety of questions they will bombard you with (those awful behavioral ones we only like a couple of ? they ask them all then think up a few more of their own)

Interview Questions

• Asked repeatedly (4 times in a single interview) how I would handle interruptions   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SRP in May 2013.

Interview

Contact by recruiter followed by interview with SRP. Accepted job offer within the hour.

Virtual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SRP (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in person by the Director of Finance.The position was working from home. After a brief discussion about customer services role, I took a computerized test for customer service (standard stuff). The whole process from submitting resume to hired was less than 1 week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SRP.

Interview

The process from the initial submission of the resume to actually starting takes quite a bit of time. I had a total of three interviews, one phone and two in person. There is also a drug test that if you cannot pass, you will not be hired.

Interview Questions

• The questions were rather routine, ones any interviewee should be prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job posting had a salary range listed. I was asked during the first interview what salary I was looking for. I was not as prepared as I should of been and gave a salary too low because I did not negotiate.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SRP (Tempe, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

The team was very poker faced and had no emotions. They did not seem very friendly at all. A lot of questions regarding process and methodology. In hindsight, they should have asked more technical questions considering that they had a big wish list.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to add a dlll.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done through contracting firm.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SRP (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Paid travel to Phoenix for interview. The people were nice, interviewed by senior engineers and HR. UA occurred in office prior to interview. Mostly a personality based interview, no technical questions. The whole interview process lasted 1-2 hours, plus added time waiting. I got the interview after a 1 on 1 interview at a career fair at college. This was for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell me about a time when...' are my least favorite questions, and they asked a lot of those.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SRP (Tempe, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

they asked basic questions about background and about my expereince in what I was applying for.

Audiovisual Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SRP (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2008.

Interview

It's best to keep up on the website to review job postings. As always if you have a recommendation within SRP, that always helps.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do with your off time? (SRP really focuses and getting quality people, they hire for personality and train for skill)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took what they gave me. SRP isn't big on negotiating.