SS&C

SS&C Fund Accountant Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SS&C.

I received a quick response from HR upon submitting my resume to set up an interview. The people that I met were both very friendly - made me feel quite relaxed, They described the position to me then asked if I had any questions. They were both dressed casual as was the rest of the staff in the office.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions other than what salary was I looking to make which I did not want to answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SS&C

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SS&C in April 2011.

Met them at my college career fair, I have a pretty lengthy work experience background in accounting and finance for a college student so I figured it would be a good possibility I could land an interview. Got invited for an interview a couple of weeks later for 1st rounds. Met with the HR hiring manager, and two managers. I thought since it was the 1st interview it would be a breeze. Both managers were clearly not messing around and wanted to get straight to the point and hit me with some challenging questions about my background, like why did I leave this place so quickly, etc. Mostly talked about my work experience and how it would translate over to this industry. Wasn't sure how it went to be honest because I couldn't get a positive or negative vibe from. Eventually a week or so later was invited in for a second interview, met with VP who i expected to get grilled by, ended up going very smoothly instead. Got offered a couple of days later. I'll be honest reading all these other reviews before I was pretty worried about who I was getting involved with, but most of my experience was nothing like the ones ive read here. They were very straightforward with me the entire way, even questioned some negatives that I had, which is understandable. I'd rather have it straight then beat around the bush.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your background and experience, from start to now(school, work).   Answer Question
    Not really, entry-level is probably not a good idea to negotiate. I gave a salary range I wanted and they met me in the middle.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SS&C.

pretty Professional and detailed. was a good experience

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SS&C in February 2010.

Same repetitive questions. nothing too serious. plus some excel and accounting test

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SS&C in February 2009.

I was called for an interview for Fund Accountant job by phone. I was referred by one the staff in the company. The interview was all about introducing myself and I did brief about my previous experience and employment. The interviewer did ask my knowledge about fund accounting and my reason to work in the company. The interviewer also vet through my certificates and asked me to brief on it and the interviewer also brief me about the company and job role of a Fund Accountant. Within a week of the interview I was called to join as a Fund Accountant.