SSCS Global IT Services Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at SSCS Global IT Services

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SSCS Global IT Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the Marketing Manager. An initial phone interview was set up and that went very well. We spoke for over an hour and I felt very positive afterwards. She seemed confident in my experience. I later spoke on the phone with the Vice President for a shorter period of time and that also went well. We set up a casual interview at Dave & Busters where I met with the Vice President, the Marketing Manager and one of their sales executives. They asked several questions in a relaxed environment and really showed an interest in both my experience and myself as a person. The Vice President assured me that he would be in contact. I felt very confident after that interview and waited. I must have waited at least three days before following up. Then another few days before sending another email and trying to call without success. After a couple weeks I gave up hope that they would at least have the professional decency to give me some kind of notification about the position. I am very displeased with the lack of communication after a thorough and positive interview process.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SSCS Global IT Services in November 2014.

Interview

I was originally contacts by a recruiter in August 2014 and did a in person interview with her. After that, I did not hear anything for a couple of months bu in late October in picked back up and interviews began. There is a strong focus on being compatible with company culture - from work/life balance to personal style. It's still a small enough company that one odd duck can impact negatively but the flip side is that it's small enough that one person can also make a huge positive impact as well. Also, you're going to spend a significant part of your life with these guys so they want to make sure you can fit into the team dynamic - something more companies would be wise consider. I had one interview in person at the recruiter's offices and, about a week or so later, was invited into the corporate headquarters in Houston for the second round. At that time, I met other employees and also delivered a presentation I had created about the company and its offerings. A week after that I received and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult and certainly not unexpected since I offered to do it, I reworked one of their standard presentations from a traditional slide deck (many bullet points, lots of information, color background, etc) into a story board format with pictures and very little text similar to a lot of presentations you see on SlideShare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was handled entirely through the recruiter. I have no idea what she actually did but I got the job so I guess she did well.