SSE Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SSE in September 2011.

Interviewing was easy at this point, because I was interviewed by a fellow peer who was in a Senior position, with the same background and interests as myself. The phone interview with a Boeing rep was a bit more difficult, only because it was over the phone rather than in person.

Interview Questions
    It went through an agency, and the rep for this agency was not knowledgeable in the position I was applying for. I could've gotten a higher salary if I knew the details rather than depending on her.

Meter Reader Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at SSE.

I sent a CV off, after the closing date i got a phone call to say if i could attend a interview. Not long after a email was sent to confirm the date, time and address.

It was a very relaxed interview, i quickly relaxed. I was make very welcome and even though i wasnt a employee it felt like i already was.

Interview Questions
    • a few company policy questions was asked, i guess this was to test my knowledge and how much research i did.   Answer Question
    I was asked what i thought the wage would be, i greatly under valued the wage by half.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Havant, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SSE.

I applied online and was sent an email about an interview date around a week later. They gave you a choice of dates to pick from. It's a group interview, I had 20 people in my group, which I think is quite large. I don't feel they can assess peoples personalities properly with such a big group. We were first put into pairs where we had to find out as much about each other as possible and then relay the information back to the group. Next was a presentation about sse where the group was asked questions about the company and their values (do loads of research on this). Next were 2 group tasks. You were split into groups of around 5 people. In the first task you had 4/5 different statements which you had to put in order of importance then explain to the rest of the group why you made that decision. The second one was listening to a phone call then discussing what you thought was good and bad about the phone call and what could be improved. Next is a 20minute maths test and then a 2 minute test where you have to pick out information from a bill (both tests easy). They would then split you into 2 groups, one group would be sent home and the other were through to the interview stage. I didn't get to the interview stage because during the presentation I knew the company wasn't right for me so I didn't really interact for the rest of the interview. The interview is easy I just think there's too many people in the group, during questions people would just shout out answers which didn't leave room for anyone else to speak. My advice would be do your research on the company, be confident and have a loud speaking voice.

Graduate Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at SSE in February 2014.

Initially applied online via the company’s website. It was a pretty standard application form with a CV, Cover letter as well as questions on my interests, experience and motivations. Next stage was a telephone interview with a member of the HR team. This was competency based generally with “describe a time when” questions. Final stage was an assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • I never made it to the assessment centre but the phone interview questions were competency based. For example I got one about a situation where my plans changed rapidly.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SSE.

Be sure to read up on the company's main values, such as being sustainable, treating customers like family and health and safety! P.S we always hold the handrail. You need to be able to accept challenges from anyone. You need to discuss why you think you are right for the role and how you can help to achieve the business aims.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you challenged someone in relation to poor practices of health and safety.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SSE.

It was a very thorough interview process. There were many candidates going for the same position. It allowed me to push myself beyond what i thought was possible.
    They take interviews very seriously to ensure they have the best people in the industry

Interview Questions
    • What difference can i make to the sales team and what were my projections   View Answer
    There was no negotiations, the offer was advertised internally and i knew what i was going for.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at SSE.

Online application, telephone interview, psychometric testing, assessment centre consisting of group exercise, technical interview, competency interview

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Perth, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Perth, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SSE in August 2008.

I had 2 interviews with the marketing team. The first one was a phone interview which was focused on my CV and previous experience. The second one was a presentation on how they could improve their website.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SSE in May 2010.

The interview consisted of three sections. Section 1 was just learning about the company and getting to know everyone by playing games. Section 2 was role play in a group and a group presentation. Section 3 was again in groups but asked interview type questions by a team manager.
    Overall the interview was very easy and fun, providing you are the type of person they are looking for.
    Although you have to go through an agency first, and the agency forgot to tell me that i got the job and so i had a lot of chasing around to do!

Interview Questions
    • would you say that you prefer working as part as a team or alone?   Answer Question
    • name a specific time that you gave good customer service   Answer Question

Door to Door Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SSE in June 2010.

i was required to do some calculations and learn a scriot in approx 10mins then my interview began i was first asked about myself and my experience then they asked me questions reffering to situations and customers id comfronted with, then they asked me to read the script, a little role play.

Interview Questions

Worked for SSE? Contribute to the Community!