SSE

2.7

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SSE in September 2011.

Interviewing was easy at this point, because I was interviewed by a fellow peer who was in a Senior position, with the same background and interests as myself. The phone interview with a Boeing rep was a bit more difficult, only because it was over the phone rather than in person.

Interview Questions
    It went through an agency, and the rep for this agency was not knowledgeable in the position I was applying for. I could've gotten a higher salary if I knew the details rather than depending on her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SSE in October 2014.

I applied online and was offered an interview within 3 weeks of my initial application. I was interviewed by two hiring managers, both were very friendly and gave me lots of information on the position and the company. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of mainly customer service based questions but also questions about myself (what I like to do in my free time etc) and past experience.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say that any of the questions were particularly difficult, just make sure you know how to provide good customer service.   Answer Question
    I was happy with everything offered to me and saw no need to negotiate. The salary was very fair.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SSE in September 2014.

On applying I received a call from HR recruitment. This was basic competency questions. On completion I was offered a group assessment interview.
    The group meeting consisted of four others, HR and a manager. Basic info was given on SSE. Then there was basic tests on maths, spelling and listening skills. After this a group discussion on two calls.
    That day I was called to attend an interview the next day. Today I went along and it was held by a manager and advisor. Competency questions were asked then a role play.

Interview Questions
    • Role play had a fact sheet to review then use. Having never had a role play before I was nervous but drew on the calls heard the day before and info sheet.
      Questions were best and worst traits you think you had from previous roles. How to handle irate customers. How to drive sales (as I've never been in sales I discussed how I thought I would use training to my benefit). Others were how you drove certain points in last role and usual questions.

View Answer

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at SSE in September 2014.

Take 2 technical round 1 hr round after that give offer after 1 month.I accept offer letter.
    But no response come from second day.process is very slow and salary offered by aricent is very low.

Meter Reader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SSE.

I sent a CV off, after the closing date i got a phone call to say if i could attend a interview. Not long after a email was sent to confirm the date, time and address.

It was a very relaxed interview, i quickly relaxed. I was make very welcome and even though i wasnt a employee it felt like i already was.

Interview Questions
    • a few company policy questions was asked, i guess this was to test my knowledge and how much research i did.   Answer Question
    I was asked what i thought the wage would be, i greatly under valued the wage by half.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at SSE.

Was interviewed for 3 minutes in a canteen after work by a manager. Was told all the negative aspects of the staff currently employed in facilities at this location. Told to get rid of certain staff by working them out of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to get rid of named staff   View Answer
    Done in smoke shelters

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SSE.

I applied online and was sent an email about an interview date around a week later. They gave you a choice of dates to pick from. It's a group interview, I had 20 people in my group, which I think is quite large. I don't feel they can assess peoples personalities properly with such a big group. We were first put into pairs where we had to find out as much about each other as possible and then relay the information back to the group. Next was a presentation about sse where the group was asked questions about the company and their values (do loads of research on this). Next were 2 group tasks. You were split into groups of around 5 people. In the first task you had 4/5 different statements which you had to put in order of importance then explain to the rest of the group why you made that decision. The second one was listening to a phone call then discussing what you thought was good and bad about the phone call and what could be improved. Next is a 20minute maths test and then a 2 minute test where you have to pick out information from a bill (both tests easy). They would then split you into 2 groups, one group would be sent home and the other were through to the interview stage. I didn't get to the interview stage because during the presentation I knew the company wasn't right for me so I didn't really interact for the rest of the interview. The interview is easy I just think there's too many people in the group, during questions people would just shout out answers which didn't leave room for anyone else to speak. My advice would be do your research on the company, be confident and have a loud speaking voice.

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at SSE in February 2014.

Initially applied online via the company’s website. It was a pretty standard application form with a CV, Cover letter as well as questions on my interests, experience and motivations. Next stage was a telephone interview with a member of the HR team. This was competency based generally with “describe a time when” questions. Final stage was an assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • I never made it to the assessment centre but the phone interview questions were competency based. For example I got one about a situation where my plans changed rapidly.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SSE.

Be sure to read up on the company's main values, such as being sustainable, treating customers like family and health and safety! P.S we always hold the handrail. You need to be able to accept challenges from anyone. You need to discuss why you think you are right for the role and how you can help to achieve the business aims.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you challenged someone in relation to poor practices of health and safety.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SSE.

It was a very thorough interview process. There were many candidates going for the same position. It allowed me to push myself beyond what i thought was possible.
    They take interviews very seriously to ensure they have the best people in the industry

Interview Questions
    • What difference can i make to the sales team and what were my projections   View Answer
    There was no negotiations, the offer was advertised internally and i knew what i was going for.