SSP UK Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at SSP UK

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSP UK (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took an online assessment. Was called a couple days later by the manger and invited to attend an interview. The interview was quick and questions were fairly easy you just have to structure your response and respond as soon as asked. Questions were all customer service based. Interviewer was very nice and polite made me feel at ease. After the interview I was invited to a trial shift a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• what is good customer service?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if someone didn't like what they had just purchased?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SSP UK.

Interview

sounded great lots of selling up the company to me. telling you how well you will be treated and how much benefits you get. so much is promised yet non is ever deliverd

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSP UK.

Interview

Very easy straightforward, applied online through either indeed or gumtree(can't remember which), got a phone call from the team leader approximately a week later. I was then invited for a pretty informal interview at another, busy and noisy SSP unit.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience?   1 Answer
    • What do you think SSP is?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deal with drunk customers?(I found this one to be extremely odd, I've never had to deal with drunk people when I was working for SSP)   1 Answer
    • What did you like the most about your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SSP UK in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then I had a telephone interview with Bev from head office, I was then put forward for an onsite interview with 2 store managers. I was then put forwad for an interview with the multi unit manager. I was told that I would find out one way or another the next day. One week later I'm still waiting to hear so I assume I haven't got the position. I've sent a follow up email but still no reply. I find it very bad mannered and unprofessional that after having 3 interviews that SSP can't even be bothered to let me know that I was unsuccessful. Shame on you SSP.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a previous experience on managing change   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSP UK.

Interview

you need to apply onlyne do a test and after they call you back for an interview with the manager if you pass taht you have to do OJE and a final interview with the job offer in case

Negotiation

fully flexible

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SSP UK (Luton, South West England, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

filling online application, if you are successful they asking you on an interview. Manager is polite however she doesn't as you any relevant to you job questions. Not much about experience, would say more small talk than professional interview

Interview Questions

• why do you think we should hire you, and why you want to work in that industry.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SSP UK (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and Was called by the manager within a week of applying to the job. We used to have lots of people being recruited through CVs we collected at the store.

Interview Questions

• Interview was simple. They like to know what your level of English is.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SSP UK (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online an was then invited to attend a group interview. In this interview we where individually asked to describe ourselves and why we wanted the job. We where then asked to do individual and group activities. Such as drawing a muffin and then asked to sell it to the interviewer. we where then asked, if successful, to do an hour trail shift in the chosen cafe in the train station in which we where marked and if successful we would get the job.

Interview Questions

• To draw a picture of an ideal worker and there stance and comments they would make to a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SSP UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a quick interview with the assistant manager of the outlet I applied for. It was pretty quick and held in a busy café in a central London Station. The questions asked were all standard questions nothing difficult, just be yourself and answer honestly as long as you show you are commitment and a hard worker you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given a bad service and how did you feel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SSP UK (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an nterview and it was a one on one interview. The manager assessed me asking couple of questions. He made a background check by asking me about my education and my previous job experiences. He also asked me about my roles there. Then this was followed by a couple of scenario based questions as to assess how would deal with different situations of the job I've applied for. I would suggest interview candidates to prepare themselves for the job interview that they are applying for specially different scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal if a customer asked you something and you yourself didn't know the answer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked about the pay rate that I was expected. I would suggest candidates to never think too low of themselves but should be flexible at the same time.