ST Microelectronics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Some aptitude question I dont remember. It was a technical test full of all kinds of questions.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I was college recruited. The process contains 50 question written exam followed by technical and HR interview. After I cleared the written exam , with good score, in techincal interview I told them clearly that I am not very much comfortable in analog domain. They usually asked me the question which went wrong in written paper. The question were mostly related to RC circuits, VLSI digital design and few control system . the question were mostly to test your basic understanding of deisgn. I believe good MOS understanding should be there.

Interview Questions

• related to analog design which make me a bit uncomfortable   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation as it was my first job and college placement

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ST Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Introducing yourself and why you want to work in the company. A few technical questions about PN-junction, such as: How it forms, how doping affects the depletion region and why the PN-junction conducts during forward bias. Describing past projects in resume and challenges faced. Nothing too technical or difficult, it was a group interview of three people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Describe the physics of the formation of a PN-junction.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ST Microelectronics.

Interview

The interview is quite standard: company overview, business unit description, technical discussion with other engineers, human resource. Overall last typically a couple of hours / half a day. Travel expenses & accomodations are included.

Internship Interview

Interview

We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews. We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Interview Questions

• Rants, venting, or obscenities Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association) Aggressive or discriminatory language   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ST Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1 round interview with questions mostly based on CV and experiences

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

For a junior position, the interview process required meeting with 2 senior software managers. There were several behavioural questions which were then followed by many technical questions related to programming. Part of the questions were really testing on my approach to problem solving. They were trying to understanding if I could think outside of the box.

Interview Questions

• There were some very specific programming questions which required a good understanding of how to program efficiently (for embedded systems).   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ST Microelectronics (Greater Noida (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Received a call from a Consultancy for the Job. They communicated the date of interview and asked me to arrive @9.30 AM (greater Noida).There are totally 4 rounds of interview: 1. Written test including Aptitude,Verbal Skills and technology related. 2. F-F interview with TL of the Project with some technical questions and he gave some scenario and asked me to solve it. 3. Manager Interview - Complete managerial questions like which technology you worked, difficulties faced in your project, willing to work in shift, willing to relocate,etc

Interview Questions

• Nothing like that. Since i have asked 50-60% hike they put my profile on hold. They said they will get to me.   Answer Question

Interview

involves technical round (may be one or two) and HR round

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ST Microelectronics (Greater Noida (India)).

Interview

The position is for a person with 2-3 yrs exprience. 3-4 rounds of Technical Interview followed by an HR round. The technical rounds are done by the team members and the concerned manager to ensure relevancy to the profile they are looking for. Later the group head will have a short discussion to take the final decission. If technical goes well, then the process ends with the HR interview. offer letter will be discussed at a later stage. (in a week or two)

Interview Questions

• All questions are related to the area of work experience and basics of semicondutors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation at this level is not encouraged.