ST Microelectronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at ST Microelectronics

Interview Details – This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment.

Interview Question – Some aptitude question I dont remember. It was a technical test full of all kinds of questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at ST Microelectronics

Interview Details – I was college recruited. The process contains 50 question written exam followed by technical and HR interview.
After I cleared the written exam , with good score, in techincal interview I told them clearly that I am not very much comfortable in analog domain. They usually asked me the question which went wrong in written paper. The question were mostly related to RC circuits, VLSI digital design and few control system . the question were mostly to test your basic understanding of deisgn. I believe good MOS understanding should be there.

Interview Question – related to analog design which make me a bit uncomfortable   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as it was my first job and college placement

Intern Interview

Intern
Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ST Microelectronics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Technical Round.Asked questions on CMOS basics,STA,RTL coding,computer Architecture,Digital Electronics.Questions were not that difficult.I enjoyed the technical rounds.ASIC design flow was also asked.questions from projects specified in resume were also asked

Interview Question – Computer Architecture questions were a bit difficult   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ST Microelectronics.

Interview Details – 1 round interview with questions mostly based on CV and experiences

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

IC Designengineer Interview

IC Designengineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at ST Microelectronics in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very straight forward

Very Easy Interview

Section Manager Interview

Section Manager
Thornhill, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ST Microelectronics in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was no interview as this was a corporate take-over from previous company

Negotiation Details – N/A

Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ST Microelectronics in March 2011.

Interview Details – A day long interview. From 9:00 am to 7:30 pm. Very courteous and helpful throughout the interviews. A written test done to shortlist the candidates, followed by 4-5 technical and 1 HR interview. Technical interviews were challenging for a new graduate. Most of the questions were on CMOS logic, some of them on opamps.

Interview Question – A question on opamp phase margin and noise margin.   View Answer

Greater Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ST Microelectronics in July 2011.

Interview Details – Written interview with technical ques on Digital, RLC, FF, and few apti question. After this, team will select you for interview according to your marks. There are normally 3 rounds of interview. and after HR. once you clear Technical one.. HR interview is a piece of cake.

1st tech. interview is taken by a average experience employee in a team

Interview Details – involves technical round (may be one or two) and HR round

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ST Microelectronics.

Interview Details – The position is for a person with 2-3 yrs exprience.
3-4 rounds of Technical Interview followed by an HR round.
The technical rounds are done by the team members and the concerned manager to ensure relevancy to the profile they are looking for.
Later the group head will have a short discussion to take the final decission.
If technical goes well, then the process ends with the HR interview.
offer letter will be discussed at a later stage. (in a week or two)

Interview Question – All questions are related to the area of work experience and basics of semicondutors.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiation at this level is not encouraged.

Worked for ST Microelectronics? Contribute to the Community!