STA Travel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.3

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at STA Travel (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Very Quick Very laidback Company knows what they want Got a phone call from HR, came in for my 1 on 1 and had an offer letter by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Can’t emphasize enough how important it is to ask questions about the company when you go into the interview. When they ask “So, do you have any questions for me?” respond with something thoughtful that will prove your interest in the opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Straight Forward. Applied Online, and received the call asking for me to come in for a interview shortly there after. Perfect situation for a first job. Great company to learn quality of work.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at STA Travel.

Interview

Applied for position in person (turning in resume) Got a call for an interview Interview- job offer on the spot

Travel Expert Interview

Interview

Group interviews. Followed by 121. General questions. Travel related questions but with a big focus on selling. They are looking for sales people who love travel. Ideal for those people. You won't go wrong if you are the two combined. Strong personality as target driven. Need to be determined in first year as that is the hardest. Once past that easy as.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at STA Travel (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied for job via website, got a call within a few days asking if I was free for an interview. Went for a 1 on 1 interview with a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) where I was asked stock standard interview questions with some travel stuff thrown in. High emphasis on sales experience and ability and the desire to hit and exceed sales goals. A week later was called and notified that I'd been successful, then attended a three day in-store training experience learning the basics of the industry and meeting the people I'd be working with. Then two weeks of training at the head office in Melbourne, met some other staff, drank some free beer, all in all a very good experience. After training, you end up back in store on a provisional basis for three months at which time you should be able to do the vast majority of tasks involved in the job unsupervised.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, the salary is what it is and any form of negotiation will bet met with a standard company line that 'you have unlimited potential for earning with your commission'

Travel Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at STA Travel in September 2012.

Interview

Applied directly to the store manager. Went in for an interview and was hired on the spot. Interview took about an hour. The staff member I was replacing was there and she explained the job benefits etc. Once hired there was an intranet training for the booking system and product knowledge.

Interview Questions

• 3 negative qualities about you. I hate this question with a passion.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at STA Travel (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

3 people in interview, a little like 'good cop, bad cop' in a way but friendly enough and the questions were quite informal in parts. No tricky questions except having to sell a pen to the interviewers!

Negotiation

There wasnt one

Travel Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at STA Travel in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and had a quick phone interview just to discuss my interest in the job. A face to face interview was then organised. This started with a geography test and then there was quite a casual interview in a coffee shop which had a few competency questions. This last about an hour - 30 minutes for the test. 30 minutes for the interview

Interview Questions

• How would you go above and beyond to look after a customer?   Answer Question

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at STA Travel (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2010.

Interview

Stage 1: Applied Online Stage 2; Telephone Interview from STA Travel HR Head Office, 5-10 minutes. I was asked questions like; 'Have you been into one of our retail stores before?' 'Have you visited our website?' 'What do you perceive to be the role of a Travel Adviser?' Stage 3; Assessment Centre Day, STA Travel Head Office. Consisted of 11 interviewees and 5 male interviewers, and we were given a series of exercises while seated around a large table. - Each interviewee had to give a presentation on themselves, on any topic - excluding travel. - Interviewees were split into groups of 3/4 and had to do a 'deserted island exercise' in which we all had to come to the decision whether to stay or go on the island, as a group. - Each interviewee was given a piece of plasticine and told to make something from it and sell it to the group. The group exercises were very intimidating and intense! The STA interviewers really scruitinised us, in a way which made me feel humiliated. At the end of the morning, we were told to come back in 20 minutes after the interviewers had made their decision as to who would make it through to the next round. We found an envelope on our place at the table, with an impersonal letter inside, telling us whether or not we were successful, like a game show elimination. Those successful made it through to a one on one interview with HR. This company is obviously after extroverted sales people, but I felt that the way they ran the interview was very unprofessional. I was very disappointed that I wasted 3 hours of my morning, and would never want to work for STA Travel.

Interview Questions

• 'Make something out of a piece of plasticine and sell it to the group, including us - the interviewers'   Answer Question