Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at STAR Education
- NONE (1)
- After School Teacher (1)
- Math/Literacy Coordinator (1)
- Administrative Assistant for Math/Literacy Coordinator (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAR Education (Culver City, CA) in August 2014.
They are hire you on a whim as well as fire you on a whim, huge turnover rate for a reason. Find other opportunities find other opportunities find other opportunities
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAR Education (Culver City, CA) in March 2013.
The interview lasted about 15 minutes. It was held in a big, noisy warehouse. The staff is nice enough. You get the impression that they are desperate and will hire just about anyone. The meters on the street don't take debit/credit cards, so bring quarters to the interview. If you don't have quarters, the front desk will make you pay for some. If you don't have cash, you will have to move your car, which will take approximately 15 minutes total (and you will be late for your interview view, but no one will care). The job is basically for after school child care with some educational components, so be aware of that.
- They ask you a lot of hypothetical questions (what would you do when a children is being disruptive? what would you do if a child is shouting out answers? apparently many of the children who attend the programs are obnoxious and not well-behaved...) Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAR Education (Culver City, CA) in December 2011.
Cool warehouse space. Nice enough people, but the interview felt very rushed--new questions were asked almost before I finished answering the last. Sample questions: "Was there ever a time you had a good idea and your boss turned it down? What did you do?" "Describe your best and worst bosses." "Where do you see this department in 10 years?"
Helpful (1)Accepted Offer
My interview was great! Questions were all relevant and straightforward. Hiring process was easy and quick.
- What is your biggest strength when working with children? What is your biggest weakness? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review