STERIS

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at STERIS.

Interview Details – was good. still waiting to hear. not sure about whole process. still waiting to hear back on other opportunities. everybody I spoke with was very professional and courteous. Seemed like they enjoyed being in the roles they occupied

ISO Coordinator Interview

ISO Coordinator

Interviewed at STERIS

Interview Details – internal job posting and application process

Multiple Positions Interview

Multiple Positions
Mentor, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at STERIS.

Interview Details – Either through the main Human Resources department or through their on site staffing people.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult, but each of the 5 interviews I went on (5 different positions) were over an hour long.   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Mentor, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at STERIS in March 2013.

Interview Details – There were three interviews, telephone, two in person and then after a week I was given the offer

Interview Question – I was asked to solve an engineering problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was OK , I countered and they accepted

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Mentor, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at STERIS in September 2013.

Interview Details – Just had a walk thru on my resume. The project manager and one of the team member was interviewing me.

Interview Question – It was very simple and short.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at STERIS.

Interview Details – take anyone they can get interview with some idiots and get a job your gonna hate

Interview Question – there all easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there isnt one

Durango, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at STERIS in September 2013.

Interview Details – Nice recruiter

Interview Question – tell me a bad experience you have handled well   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at STERIS.

Interview Details – I had sent several applications to Steris that did not generate interviews. Later I applied with a referral from a current employee and worked through the rest of the process with an on site recruiter.

First an initial phone screen with the recruiter to go over my previous experience. Second was an on site interview with the Quality Manager and VP of Quality separately lasting about 2 hours total. About a week later I was brought back in to meet with HR which lasted about 2 hours. Not long after that I was called with an offer.

The whole process was very enjoyable, moved fairly quickly and was focused on making sure there was a good cultural fit.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were asked to do something illegal or unethical by an employer or colleague and describe how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a very fair offer and great benefits and decided not to negotiate heavily.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Regulatory Affairs

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at STERIS.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Steris 6 times for the same position. I wasn't really asked many questions and I was never contacted to tell me that they hired someone else. I found out by calling and following up myself. I was not asked any in depth question. I felt as if they alreadu knew who they would hire, but they had to go through the motions.
The interview was a half day and I met with some wonderful people.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at STERIS in November 2012.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from HR, then a district manager setup a face to face meeting at a close to home restaurant. Asked basic background questions. Asked me to explain a typical day in field service. Questioned me on some basic electro/mechanical concepts. He could tell I have 18 + years experience. Did not need to take an online IQ/Skills test.

Interview Question – None for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – District Manager called me with a verbal offer and said it was well above mid payrange level for this position so it's not negotiable. I accepted considering the economy and other factors.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for STERIS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STERIS interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by STERIS employees and interview candidates.