STIHL Incorporated

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Technician Interview

Process Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at STIHL Incorporated in July 2010.

Interview Details – Not very detailed, just took a tour of the plant and had small talk with the hiring manager then went and had lunch and afterwards talked some more. He then said to go and stand by my computer for them to email me an offer.

Interview Question – Have you ever taken a chainsaw apart before   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at STIHL Incorporated in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was difficult, but after I finally got an interview lined up things went smoothly. It was a pretty general interview that was not too terrible. They do expect you to be a highly capable individual and will not accept anything less. It is a very high standards company that requires effort to succeed.

Interview Question – Questions regarding PLC programming that I was not very knowledgable about.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Infrastructure Supervisor Interview

IT Infrastructure Supervisor
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at STIHL Incorporated in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online application, received an email 2 days later to send in a resume, phone interview with their Technical Recruiter, 4 weeks later received an email to setup onsite interview which was 3 days after. The onsite interview was suppose to be with same Technical Recruiter, Operations & Office Systems Manager and Interim Director of IS, but I only had interviews with the Technical Recruiter, Operations & Office Systems Manager. I was told they would setup another onsite interview with the Interim Director of IS. I was told 2 weeks later from the HR manager that the Technical Recruiter would provide feedback within another week. I never heard back about the other interview with the Interim Director of IS nor any feedback on the onsite interview I did have. I did however find out that they were suppose to create 2-3 more positions and were not sure if they were going to pursue the job they posted and that I had applied for. Oh and yes I should have got a clue when they mentioned Interim Director of IS!

Interview Question – On site interview was just a casual sit down discussing their organization, sturcture and duties and then I was told "I guess I have to ask you the usual quesitons" which were why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses and then what type of management style do you use?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at STIHL Incorporated in April 2013.

Interview Details – They're not clear about what they want in the description. The skills they list make it sound like they want a .NET Web Developer. But when you interview, you find out they want this developer to know desktop development and a little networking as well. They'd also like the person to have experience in Java.

They make it sound like you're joining a team and mentoring younger developers. They're really looking for you to be the sole person in charge of all application development (web and desktop) and create an Operations Department from scratch (create an SDLC, list of best practices, deployment process, source control, etc.). In my opinion, this is above a Software Engineer and they'll have a tough time filling this position even if they correct the job description.

It's going to be difficult to find a good developer well-versed in so many different areas. Sounds like they want a Web Programmer/UI Developer/Windows Application Developer/Systems Administrator/Development Manager hybrid who will do all the work. They're not looking to hire more people for a few more years.

Interview Questions

Buyer A Interview

Buyer A
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at STIHL Incorporated.

Interview Details – Went through 3 rounds of interviews and 2 visits, only to have 2 low level managers curse me out and act completely unprofessional, I walked out of the interview but still got the job

Negotiation Details – 2 rounds, that resulted in mr getting my salary requirements...make your best deal right from the start

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at STIHL Incorporated in July 2010.

Interview Details – the hr person was good. the hiring manager is an ass. he must be german, so he thinks he is superior above all. he had a nasty attitude. even if he offered me the job, i would not work for that guy anyway. he does not like anyone, that is what was told to me after the interview. at this rate no one will ever work for that ass.

Interview Question – do you know sap   View Answers (2)

Manufacturing Engineer B Interview

Manufacturing Engineer B
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at STIHL Incorporated in March 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was multiple 1:1 interviews.

I interviewed with the department's key manager, area managers and the engineering team.

Interviews with HR were brief.

Interview Question – How would set a process to assemble this component.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for STIHL Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!

STIHL Incorporated Videos

STIHL Incorporated – Why Work for Us?

Virginia Beach-based STIHL Inc., one of several manufacturing facilities in the STIHL Group, is the headquarters for U.S. operations. STIHL Inc. employs over 2,100 people nationwide, with more than 1,900 in Virginia… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STIHL Incorporated interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by STIHL Incorporated employees and interview candidates.