STMicroelectronics Design Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

Written Test (It covers mostly digital STA Concepts), followed by two technical (one by team member and one by group manager) and one HR round, Overall the process is quite simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ST dosen't give away anything in negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for STMicroelectronics

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Delhi (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

written test followed by 4-5 technical rounds + 1 HR round

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (Delhi (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

I was an intern here at STMicroelectronics and was later given a contract to continue working under the employment of a 3rd party vendor. The compensation was pathetic so after a year I decided to apply for a permanent position at STMicroelectronics itself. Thus I directly went to the HR/ my manager and requested for the same. My interview was scheduled with other external candidates who were also competing with me for the position. I cleared the written test which was 2 hours long. The questions were objective as well as subjective. The subjective questions were very challenging. The questions were mainly based on electronics and mental ability. After the written test I was called for the interviews. There were a total of 4 interviews (one on one). The first interview was centered around the questions which I left unanswered or I did incorrectly in the written test. I was very happy to see the encouragement the interviewer gave me after I gave each answer. He also showed me the optimum approach in each case. This interview went along for 2 hours but I was very satisfied. On the second day the second and the third interviewers asked their own sets of questions and each took about 1 hour. I was very much impressed by the in depth knowledge and the interest they showed in technical stuff. The final interview was by the manager and he asked questions related to my internship and long term goals. Finally the HR took my details and asked other routine questions and summed up the process.

Interview Questions

• Why not opt for a company with better offer?   1 Answer

The compensation though marginally good was not upto my expectations. Also I got a job offer from a different company with a very lucrative offer. And since I had already spent 1.5 years working as a intern and a contractor in STMicroelectronics I felt its best to switch to a new one.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (New Delhi (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

The ST building is beautiful and makes a lasting impression.
    I was asked to wait in the lounge and was interviewed by two people. Both of them asked technical questions/puzzles. Most of the technical questions were of DS.
    Then I had one HR interview followed by an interview with the group head.

Interview Questions

• Five ways to find if an integer is even or odd in C.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (New Delhi (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

3 1-1 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation as i was a fresher

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (Greater Noida (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Process of hiring a Design Engineer profile for Digital domain work requiring a Electronics background candidate.

STEP 0 (optional) If you are appearing for interview form out the city and required reimbursement of flight charges. Generally, a Telephonic Interview to qualify you as a suitable candidate is conducted.

STEP 1 : Technical written test (2 hrs approx.) Objective + Subjective test containing question on RLC n/w analysis. Basic Analog circuits such as op-amps/ Clippers/ Clampers.
    Subjective question on FSM /Timing analysis (core content of paper). This is just a qualifying round.

STEP 2 : 1 Technical interview (40-50 Min) conducted by a employee of the team for which candidate has appeared. Generally, here the technical paper results are discussed and grilling on concepts is done. This is the most crucial stage of the process.

STEP 3 : 2 Technical interview (20-30 Min). The team manager and the section manager conduct this round its a partial HR interview as well. The feedback of step 2 is carried forward. And, if everything goes well in previous steps attempts are made by manager to estimate the sustainability and IQ of employee. This is not a complex technical round.

STEP 4 : HR Interview (10-15 Min) This is just a formality unless you have got some serous issues to deal with, one such example being unmatched salary expectations . Generally, the feedback from step 2 and 3 are the deciding thing.

Interview Questions

• Get you Setup/Hold fundamentals strong. Negative setup/hold figures is a frequently asked concept.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There nothing much to negotiate. You are given very less margin in compensation at max, you may get joining bonus around 50k-1lac

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (Greater Noida (India)) in August 2008.

Interview

Good interview process
    People are grilled for their theoretical knowledge in all domains in a written test

Interview process can vary on case to case basis. However, very good process of analysing the candidate's capabilties.

Interview Questions

• gave the interview long-time back so dont remember any questions.

However, it was as challenging as one can expect an interview to be.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. 1st job.