STMicroelectronics

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Delhi (India)

I interviewed at STMicroelectronics in June 2012.

Interview Details – written test followed by 4-5 technical rounds + 1 HR round

Greater Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in January 2010.

Interview Details – Process of hiring a Design Engineer profile for Digital domain work requiring a Electronics background candidate.

STEP 0 (optional) If you are appearing for interview form out the city and required reimbursement of flight charges. Generally, a Telephonic Interview to qualify you as a suitable candidate is conducted.

STEP 1 : Technical written test (2 hrs approx.) Objective + Subjective test containing question on RLC n/w analysis. Basic Analog circuits such as op-amps/ Clippers/ Clampers.
Subjective question on FSM /Timing analysis (core content of paper). This is just a qualifying round.

STEP 2 : 1 Technical interview (40-50 Min) conducted by a employee of the team for which candidate has appeared. Generally, here the technical paper results are discussed and grilling on concepts is done. This is the most crucial stage of the process.

STEP 3 : 2 Technical interview (20-30 Min). The team manager and the section manager conduct this round its a partial HR interview as well. The feedback of step 2 is carried forward. And, if everything goes well in previous steps attempts are made by manager to estimate the sustainability and IQ of employee. This is not a complex technical round.

STEP 4 : HR Interview (10-15 Min) This is just a formality unless you have got some serous issues to deal with, one such example being unmatched salary expectations . Generally, the feedback from step 2 and 3 are the deciding thing.

Interview Question – Get you Setup/Hold fundamentals strong. Negative setup/hold figures is a frequently asked concept.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There nothing much to negotiate. You are given very less margin in compensation at max, you may get joining bonus around 50k-1lac

Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in August 2008.

Interview Details – Good interview process
People are grilled for their theoretical knowledge in all domains in a written test

Interview process can vary on case to case basis. However, very good process of analysing the candidate's capabilties.

Interview Question – gave the interview long-time back so dont remember any questions.

However, it was as challenging as one can expect an interview to be.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 1st job.

Delhi (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was an intern here at STMicroelectronics and was later given a contract to continue working under the employment of a 3rd party vendor. The compensation was pathetic so after a year I decided to apply for a permanent position at STMicroelectronics itself. Thus I directly went to the HR/ my manager and requested for the same. My interview was scheduled with other external candidates who were also competing with me for the position. I cleared the written test which was 2 hours long. The questions were objective as well as subjective. The subjective questions were very challenging. The questions were mainly based on electronics and mental ability. After the written test I was called for the interviews. There were a total of 4 interviews (one on one). The first interview was centered around the questions which I left unanswered or I did incorrectly in the written test. I was very happy to see the encouragement the interviewer gave me after I gave each answer. He also showed me the optimum approach in each case. This interview went along for 2 hours but I was very satisfied. On the second day the second and the third interviewers asked their own sets of questions and each took about 1 hour. I was very much impressed by the in depth knowledge and the interest they showed in technical stuff. The final interview was by the manager and he asked questions related to my internship and long term goals. Finally the HR took my details and asked other routine questions and summed up the process.

Interview Question – Why not opt for a company with better offer?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The compensation though marginally good was not upto my expectations. Also I got a job offer from a different company with a very lucrative offer. And since I had already spent 1.5 years working as a intern and a contractor in STMicroelectronics I felt its best to switch to a new one.

New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in April 2010.

Interview Details – 3 1-1 interviews

Interview Question – related to rc delays, setup hold time wues, cmos ques   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as i was a fresher

New Delhi (India)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in June 2010.

Interview Details – The ST building is beautiful and makes a lasting impression.
I was asked to wait in the lounge and was interviewed by two people. Both of them asked technical questions/puzzles. Most of the technical questions were of DS.
Then I had one HR interview followed by an interview with the group head.

Interview Question – Five ways to find if an integer is even or odd in C.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at STMicroelectronics

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics Design Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees and interview candidates.