STMicroelectronics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

There were two lengthy good quality technical rounds, followed by a management review, and to end with HR.
    Both the technical rounds include questions related to your previous experience, and basics such as C and Embedded topics.
    HR is also quite lengthy and shows quality. You need to present the right attitude.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is priority inversion in RTOS?
      Q. What is the difference between mutex and a binary semaphore?

Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Coast Village (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (West Coast Village (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple not too sure if employer doesn't want to go beyond or have good clarity base on my resume. The impression given was that my resume are really informative.
    Still waiting for second interview

Analog IC Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very positive experience. The interviewer is a very senior design lead. The interview started with a brief presentation about my previous work and project experience (mainly from university research). Afterwards, I was asked about various design techniques and considerations, and also asked to perform some somewhat complex analysis on various circuits.

The whole process took less than two weeks. Very responsive and helpful HR.

Interview Questions

• current flow in a bridged inverter output stage with L and R.
      feedbacks. high frequency switching noise isolation. opamp based circuits. and other analog related questions. It's more about how you analyze rather than knowing the answers.

Answer Question

Firmware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two round interviews, almost technical questions. The first one lasted two hours and the second one lasted one hour two week later. Mainly about my project experience and let me draw the system architecture of my products. And several easy coding questions in C language. The position duty will have a lot of oversea traveling.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

2 rounds technical interview, then final as a HR interview. In First round of interview,it was 1 to 1, he asked some questions regarding my project in the college and asked few questions regarding C programming. 2nd round almost the some thing, but some other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions related to your project experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

It was a only single technical interview and questions were asked from digital electronics of Bachelors and the project you have done in the courses. It was one to one face toface interview and interviwer was nice.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

Written Test (It covers mostly digital STA Concepts), followed by two technical (one by team member and one by group manager) and one HR round, Overall the process is quite simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ST dosen't give away anything in negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Some 7 rounds from Technical to HR to Senior Manager. It was a long process of 1 month and I followed myself for almost 3-4 times to get a final feedback.

Negotiation

No negotitation was done by me as was getting almost 100% increment

Internship Interview

Interview

Very efficient and quick. After sent the CV and received the phone call from the recruiting secretary in one-two week you will have an appointment. You will be received in a group of four to five people, each one of which will make at least one question.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult, they try to understand your base capabilities in technical skills, trying mostly concentrated in your personal skills.   Answer Question

DSP Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round talking with HR, some behavior questions; second round technical interview, talking with a senior engineer about technical problems; final round talking with the manager, talking on generally what the team is working on, what's my expectation, my technical background and some general technologies I know. Overall is a good experience, not quite difficult..