STMicroelectronics

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Some 7 rounds from Technical to HR to Senior Manager. It was a long process of 1 month and I followed myself for almost 3-4 times to get a final feedback.

No negotitation was done by me as was getting almost 100% increment

Internship Interview

Very efficient and quick. After sent the CV and received the phone call from the recruiting secretary in one-two week you will have an appointment. You will be received in a group of four to five people, each one of which will make at least one question.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult, they try to understand your base capabilities in technical skills, trying mostly concentrated in your personal skills.   Answer Question

DSP Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

First round talking with HR, some behavior questions; second round technical interview, talking with a senior engineer about technical problems; final round talking with the manager, talking on generally what the team is working on, what's my expectation, my technical background and some general technologies I know. Overall is a good experience, not quite difficult..

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

One telephonic interview followed by a face to face interview

I did not negotiate.

Stagiaire Conception Matérielle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crolles (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crolles (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in December 2013.

Tout d'abord j'ai eu un entretien téléphonique, puis un entretien sur place. Les deux entretiens se sont déroulés en français. L'entretien téléphonique a duré environ 30 minutes. Nous avons parlé de mon expérience technique et professionnelle. L'entretien sur place était plus technique avec des tests d'habiletés faciles (STA, code VHDL simple). J'ai rencontré le directeur et le superviseur du stage.

I firstly had a phone interview and then a on site interview. Both interview were in French. Phone interview was about 30 minutes. We talks about my technical background and my previous work experience. The on site interview was more technical with easy skills test ( STA, easy VHDL code). I met the manager and the supervisor of the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Pourquoi pensez-vous que vous pouvez bien réussir dans ce poste ?   Why do you think you could succeed in this position ?   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in August 2013.

I got the initial call through a consultancy, who tried to arrange a phone-interview, but later reverted back with saying that there will be a direct face-to-face interview.

All set I went to interview for the first time. I got my chance after waiting for a couple of hours.
    The interviewer was a mid 30's guy, whose expertise was Digital Design and SoC.

Mostly asked about the kind of job-activities I was involved in.
    Basic Concepts of Processor, Pipelining, FPGA, FF and latches.

Some advanced concepts of Timing analysis for latches and multi-clock domains.
    Also basic questions related to IP interfacing through standardised bus architecture.

Overall, the interview went pretty cool. They won't pressurise to answer and are quite friendly, which brings the best out of you actually.

There was only one round of Technical interview and prior to that, there was a 10-minute of HR interview.
    Received the acceptance mail after 4 days of the interview.

Interview Questions
    Hardly do they negotiate, but yeah obtained nearly 5% hike after 1 revision-request.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Simple & hassle free, three rounds of technical & two HR.

None, i accepted

Ingénieur en Conception Numérique Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grenoble (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grenoble (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

La plupart d'entre nous sommes recrutés en tant que stagiaires ou contractuels avant d'obtenir un vrai poste.

Most of us are hired as internship or sub-contractors before getting a real job.

HW Intern Interview

The team manager called me and asked me some questions about my resume and past work experience. There were no technical question at all. The manager was friendly and explained clearly the project of the internship. The interview lasted for an hour, and I was informed of his decision the following morning.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

It was a telephonic interview .questions on mux, logic gates , cmos , vhdl and general questions about future plans and all . implement logic gates using 2:1 mux , one question on rc network i.e on charging and dischharging , question on zener diode. overall was simple followed by your introduction and some random questions