STMicroelectronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

Senior Digital Design Engineer
Grenoble (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview Details – Most of us are hired as internship or sub-contractors before getting a real job.

HW Intern Interview

HW Intern

Interviewed at STMicroelectronics

Interview Details – The team manager called me and asked me some questions about my resume and past work experience. There were no technical question at all. The manager was friendly and explained clearly the project of the internship. The interview lasted for an hour, and I was informed of his decision the following morning.

Interview Question – None that I can think of. Usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview Details – It was a telephonic interview .questions on mux, logic gates , cmos , vhdl and general questions about future plans and all . implement logic gates using 2:1 mux , one question on rc network i.e on charging and dischharging , question on zener diode. overall was simple followed by your introduction and some random questions

Interview Question – one question based on zener diode   Answer Question

Senior Product/Testing Engineer Interview

Senior Product/Testing Engineer
Catania (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview Details – Several levels, first forms and cv submit, call for generic interview , after technical interview, if positive to this follows a personality interview with HR and future manager.
Internal comity for pool of selected candidates. If positive definition of contract and expected salaries and benefits.

Interview Question – Are related to customer knowledge and product knowledge . Production con profitability and yield.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No alternatives take or leave

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in May 2009.

Interview Details – phone call followed by 3 interviews and than hr

Interview Question – core linux stuff   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in August 2008.

Interview Details – Good interview process
People are grilled for their theoretical knowledge in all domains in a written test

Interview process can vary on case to case basis. However, very good process of analysing the candidate's capabilties.

Interview Question – gave the interview long-time back so dont remember any questions.

However, it was as challenging as one can expect an interview to be.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 1st job.

Design Manager Interview

Design Manager

Interviewed at STMicroelectronics

Interview Details – First was a phone interview, to get to know the person I would with directly (a peer)
Then in-person interview with other peers, to go over technical details and personality "check"
Finally, interview with the person I'd report to.

In general, very competent and motivated people, with no doubts.
The boss has a very good way to explain the plans, the growth, it makes it just look good and he's then good at making good of his promises. He does not promise if he can't do it.

Interview Question – How do you communicate to a customer that he or she is making a mistake without antagonizing them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only salary level, which is anyhow more or less bounded into guidelines depending on the "job grade"

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in May 2011.

Interview Details – Written test + interview by a very senior person who has atleast 10 years of experience.

Interview Question – questions are mostly easy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Geneva (Switzerland)

I interviewed at STMicroelectronics in June 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process went on really fast and everyboy answered me really quick.

Interview Question – Why are you interested is STM ?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IC Design Engineer Interview

IC Design Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in September 2008.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds. Straight forward questions on VHDL coding. Was also shown an analog circuit and was required to identify the current split.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation