STMicroelectronics

54 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainee Interview

Greater Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview Details – The HR will call u and fix the interview according to your convenience and try to be sure during the interview.It is usually a telephonic interview with lots of technical questions and a few HR questions.

Interview Question – They will ask questions related to almost every possible field.So be clear with your basics and do revise them properly.   Answer Question

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Ghaziabad (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Took test and then interviewed personally 4 times with different person.
Interview was very technical after clearing technical interview there was a HR round which was also good they tested some stability and communication skills of an employee.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as i was fresher

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Started with the asking my introduction and then go on mainly with the HR questions. They asked about some of the technical questions which are all easy. They were concentrating on the HR part mainly.

Interview Question – Why STM??   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was an intern here at STMicroelectronics and was later given a contract to continue working under the employment of a 3rd party vendor. The compensation was pathetic so after a year I decided to apply for a permanent position at STMicroelectronics itself. Thus I directly went to the HR/ my manager and requested for the same. My interview was scheduled with other external candidates who were also competing with me for the position. I cleared the written test which was 2 hours long. The questions were objective as well as subjective. The subjective questions were very challenging. The questions were mainly based on electronics and mental ability. After the written test I was called for the interviews. There were a total of 4 interviews (one on one). The first interview was centered around the questions which I left unanswered or I did incorrectly in the written test. I was very happy to see the encouragement the interviewer gave me after I gave each answer. He also showed me the optimum approach in each case. This interview went along for 2 hours but I was very satisfied. On the second day the second and the third interviewers asked their own sets of questions and each took about 1 hour. I was very much impressed by the in depth knowledge and the interest they showed in technical stuff. The final interview was by the manager and he asked questions related to my internship and long term goals. Finally the HR took my details and asked other routine questions and summed up the process.

Interview Question – Why not opt for a company with better offer?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The compensation though marginally good was not upto my expectations. Also I got a job offer from a different company with a very lucrative offer. And since I had already spent 1.5 years working as a intern and a contractor in STMicroelectronics I felt its best to switch to a new one.

New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in April 2010.

Interview Details – 3 1-1 interviews

Interview Question – related to rc delays, setup hold time wues, cmos ques   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as i was a fresher

Very Difficult Interview

Clerk Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in January 2011.

Interview Details – really nothing to share as it's just an interview which will eventually not going to take the offer.
the office is ok. people is ok.. .everything is ok however just a test drive. good for people looking for stable work and life.

Interview Question – why you want to join our company?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had a first telephone interview in order to conform the day when we can start the face to face interview. During this day I spent 4hours in the local Site, the first two with the human resources and after with the tecnichal team.

Interview Question – What do you want in your life? Power or success!   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in June 2010.

Interview Details – The ST building is beautiful and makes a lasting impression.
I was asked to wait in the lounge and was interviewed by two people. Both of them asked technical questions/puzzles. Most of the technical questions were of DS.
Then I had one HR interview followed by an interview with the group head.

Interview Question – Five ways to find if an integer is even or odd in C.   View Answer

IC Design Engineer Interview

IC Design Engineer
Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in December 2011.

Interview Details – Telephone interview for approx 30 minutes, with 3 people. Asked a few technical questions about what I'd done in the past, nothing too difficult. They seemed oddly keen to stress that the working environment was high-pressure which suggested to me that the successful candidate would be regularly expected to work longer hours than contracted.

Interview Question – How do you work under pressure?   View Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Milan (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at STMicroelectronics in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by the HR recruitment officer, for an informal talk, what was I expecting from me entering the job, why was I applying for a job in Italy after a 2 years working abroad.
Then I met with the team leader and the group manager, I explained briefly what I reported on the CV, I had a tour in the labs with them, presumably testing my questions on the field.

Interview Question – We study extensively oxides reliability. What kind of investigation have you carried on during your thesis work?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at STMicroelectronics