STMicroelectronics

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.9

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in September 2011.

Started with the asking my introduction and then go on mainly with the HR questions. They asked about some of the technical questions which are all easy. They were concentrating on the HR part mainly.

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in August 2011.

several rounds of interview
    an examination

Interview Questions
    • Describe a confrontation with your supervisor   View Answer
    • Describe a problem you solved recently   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in June 2011.

I had a first telephone interview in order to conform the day when we can start the face to face interview. During this day I spent 4hours in the local Site, the first two with the human resources and after with the tecnichal team.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in May 2011.

they took a written test followed by an interview..everybody who took the test were interviewed.
    interview was on the questions in the written which comprised of basic analog electronics and some waveform generation questions.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in May 2011.

Written test + interview by a very senior person who has atleast 10 years of experience.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in March 2011.

I was an intern here at STMicroelectronics and was later given a contract to continue working under the employment of a 3rd party vendor. The compensation was pathetic so after a year I decided to apply for a permanent position at STMicroelectronics itself. Thus I directly went to the HR/ my manager and requested for the same. My interview was scheduled with other external candidates who were also competing with me for the position. I cleared the written test which was 2 hours long. The questions were objective as well as subjective. The subjective questions were very challenging. The questions were mainly based on electronics and mental ability. After the written test I was called for the interviews. There were a total of 4 interviews (one on one). The first interview was centered around the questions which I left unanswered or I did incorrectly in the written test. I was very happy to see the encouragement the interviewer gave me after I gave each answer. He also showed me the optimum approach in each case. This interview went along for 2 hours but I was very satisfied. On the second day the second and the third interviewers asked their own sets of questions and each took about 1 hour. I was very much impressed by the in depth knowledge and the interest they showed in technical stuff. The final interview was by the manager and he asked questions related to my internship and long term goals. Finally the HR took my details and asked other routine questions and summed up the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why not opt for a company with better offer?   View Answer

The compensation though marginally good was not upto my expectations. Also I got a job offer from a different company with a very lucrative offer. And since I had already spent 1.5 years working as a intern and a contractor in STMicroelectronics I felt its best to switch to a new one.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in January 2011.

really nothing to share as it's just an interview which will eventually not going to take the offer.
    the office is ok. people is ok.. .everything is ok however just a test drive. good for people looking for stable work and life.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in November 2010.

I was first interviewed by the HR recruitment officer, for an informal talk, what was I expecting from me entering the job, why was I applying for a job in Italy after a 2 years working abroad.
    Then I met with the team leader and the group manager, I explained briefly what I reported on the CV, I had a tour in the labs with them, presumably testing my questions on the field.

Interview Questions
    • We study extensively oxides reliability. What kind of investigation have you carried on during your thesis work?   View Answer

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in October 2010.

Phone interview about background and skills.
    Onsite interviews to test digital design and electronics basics and programming skills
    Stress test and IQ test
    HR round
    Final interview with team lead and manager

Interview Questions
    • Math puzzles and trick questions to check presence of mind   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in July 2010.

fill out application form
    submit resume.
    provide hard copy of certifications and educations.
    the head agency give me a paper to answer.
    one to one interview.