STMicroelectronics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Senior Product/Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catania (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Catania (Italy)).

Interview

Several levels, first forms and cv submit, call for generic interview , after technical interview, if positive to this follows a personality interview with HR and future manager. Internal comity for pool of selected candidates. If positive definition of contract and expected salaries and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Are related to customer knowledge and product knowledge . Production con profitability and yield.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No alternatives take or leave

Design Manager Interview

Interview

First was a phone interview, to get to know the person I would with directly (a peer) Then in-person interview with other peers, to go over technical details and personality "check" Finally, interview with the person I'd report to. In general, very competent and motivated people, with no doubts. The boss has a very good way to explain the plans, the growth, it makes it just look good and he's then good at making good of his promises. He does not promise if he can't do it.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate to a customer that he or she is making a mistake without antagonizing them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only salary level, which is anyhow more or less bounded into guidelines depending on the "job grade"

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

- simple more on interpersonal skills - technical test on basic Java/ unix skills

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be in 10 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

- rigid . not open for negociation

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

i prefer 1st telephonic interview then face to face interview

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Greater Noida (India)).

Interview

The HR will call u and fix the interview according to your convenience and try to be sure during the interview.It is usually a telephonic interview with lots of technical questions and a few HR questions.

Interview Questions

• They will ask questions related to almost every possible field.So be clear with your basics and do revise them properly.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Delhi (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

written test followed by 4-5 technical rounds + 1 HR round

Analog Designer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Milan (Italy)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview consists of three separate steps: a motivational interview, a first technical interview with young managers and a second tecnical interview with a senior manager. The first two steps usually happens in the same day. I shortly received a call telling me the outcome of the interview. The examiners were highly skilled engineers and treated me in a very kind way.

Interview Questions

I wanted to get a PhD degree

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Greater Noida (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Generally four stages of interview, 1st with senior member(s) of the team, second with team manager and third with DU manager, last with HR

Interview Questions

• Be precise with technical answers, never bluff........   Answer Question

Negotiation

Almost no negotiations done, pay structure is almost fixed at each level

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview for approx 30 minutes, with 3 people. Asked a few technical questions about what I'd done in the past, nothing too difficult. They seemed oddly keen to stress that the working environment was high-pressure which suggested to me that the successful candidate would be regularly expected to work longer hours than contracted.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2011.

Interview

Short and brief. The waiting time was longer. Not many questioned posted by interviewer who is a caucasian. He is more interested in my experience and whether do I have any past working relationship with a Caucasian.