STMicroelectronics

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.2

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics.

The HR will call u and fix the interview according to your convenience and try to be sure during the interview.It is usually a telephonic interview with lots of technical questions and a few HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask questions related to almost every possible field.So be clear with your basics and do revise them properly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

interviewed at STMicroelectronics in June 2012.

written test followed by 4-5 technical rounds + 1 HR round

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in January 2012.

Generally four stages of interview, 1st with senior member(s) of the team, second with team manager and third with DU manager, last with HR

Interview Questions
    • Be precise with technical answers, never bluff........   Answer Question
    Almost no negotiations done, pay structure is almost fixed at each level

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in September 2011.

Took test and then interviewed personally 4 times with different person.
    Interview was very technical after clearing technical interview there was a HR round which was also good they tested some stability and communication skills of an employee.

No negotiation as i was fresher

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in May 2011.

they took a written test followed by an interview..everybody who took the test were interviewed.
    interview was on the questions in the written which comprised of basic analog electronics and some waveform generation questions.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in May 2011.

Written test + interview by a very senior person who has atleast 10 years of experience.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in March 2011.

I was an intern here at STMicroelectronics and was later given a contract to continue working under the employment of a 3rd party vendor. The compensation was pathetic so after a year I decided to apply for a permanent position at STMicroelectronics itself. Thus I directly went to the HR/ my manager and requested for the same. My interview was scheduled with other external candidates who were also competing with me for the position. I cleared the written test which was 2 hours long. The questions were objective as well as subjective. The subjective questions were very challenging. The questions were mainly based on electronics and mental ability. After the written test I was called for the interviews. There were a total of 4 interviews (one on one). The first interview was centered around the questions which I left unanswered or I did incorrectly in the written test. I was very happy to see the encouragement the interviewer gave me after I gave each answer. He also showed me the optimum approach in each case. This interview went along for 2 hours but I was very satisfied. On the second day the second and the third interviewers asked their own sets of questions and each took about 1 hour. I was very much impressed by the in depth knowledge and the interest they showed in technical stuff. The final interview was by the manager and he asked questions related to my internship and long term goals. Finally the HR took my details and asked other routine questions and summed up the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why not opt for a company with better offer?   View Answer

The compensation though marginally good was not upto my expectations. Also I got a job offer from a different company with a very lucrative offer. And since I had already spent 1.5 years working as a intern and a contractor in STMicroelectronics I felt its best to switch to a new one.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in October 2010.

Phone interview about background and skills.
    Onsite interviews to test digital design and electronics basics and programming skills
    Stress test and IQ test
    HR round
    Final interview with team lead and manager

Interview Questions
    • Math puzzles and trick questions to check presence of mind   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in June 2010.

The ST building is beautiful and makes a lasting impression.
    I was asked to wait in the lounge and was interviewed by two people. Both of them asked technical questions/puzzles. Most of the technical questions were of DS.
    Then I had one HR interview followed by an interview with the group head.

Interview Questions
    • Five ways to find if an integer is even or odd in C.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at STMicroelectronics in April 2010.

3 1-1 interviews

Interview Questions
    no negotiation as i was a fresher