STMicroelectronics Senior Design Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (Bangalore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

I got the initial call through a consultancy, who tried to arrange a phone-interview, but later reverted back with saying that there will be a direct face-to-face interview.

All set I went to interview for the first time. I got my chance after waiting for a couple of hours.
The interviewer was a mid 30's guy, whose expertise was Digital Design and SoC.

Mostly asked about the kind of job-activities I was involved in.
Basic Concepts of Processor, Pipelining, FPGA, FF and latches.

Some advanced concepts of Timing analysis for latches and multi-clock domains.
Also basic questions related to IP interfacing through standardised bus architecture.

Overall, the interview went pretty cool. They won't pressurise to answer and are quite friendly, which brings the best out of you actually.

There was only one round of Technical interview and prior to that, there was a 10-minute of HR interview.
Received the acceptance mail after 4 days of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hardly do they negotiate, but yeah obtained nearly 5% hike after 1 revision-request.

Other Interview Reviews for STMicroelectronics

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STMicroelectronics (New Delhi (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Written test + interview by a very senior person who has atleast 10 years of experience.

Interview Questions