STRIVE Interview Questions

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at STRIVE in April 2010.

Be very professional and ready to "Tell me about yourself" several interviews with Regional Director,Executive Director then CEO. Dress Professional and have a good firm handshake. Have a passion for helping others. Be prepared to deal with former incarcerated, people with criminal records, unemployed, and people who are mandated to take class.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, they don't want to hear about your Family, they want to know what you have to offer them.   View Answer
    Standard Scale based on position, non nonnegotiable

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at STRIVE in March 2010.

Pretty straightforward. Just want to see who you are and your personality. Seems like a high stress environment with a lot of hours without very good pay.

The salary/commission structure

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at STRIVE in February 2008.

The hiring process consisted of 2 interviews. The first interview was with the Development Director at lasted roughly an hour. The second interview took place approx. 2 weeks after the first interview and was a series of 1-on-1 interviews. The initial interviewer was the ED (30 mins), followed by the President (15-20 mins), and finally with the fiscal department head and HR Specialist.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straight forward and revolved around the fundraising teams needs: ie - how would you prioritize a reports that due tomorrow and an LOI due tomorrow as well.   Answer Question
    the negotiation was straight forward. Some point after my second interview they sent and email offering me the position and within the email was the title and salary of the position being offered. I responded I would love to accept the offer but I would need approx. $5K more than offered, and the organizations response was they couldn't at this time commit to $5K but would entertain a salary increase at my year review.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at STRIVE in February 2010.

From the first phone call to the last in person offer presentation, all details were accounted for and the company showed utmost professionalism. There was never a time where I did not know where we were at in the process or when I was going to hear back from the company. The process with STRIVE should be a benchmark for employers across the city. The Interviewer was very knowledgeable, approachable and understood my needs.