STV Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.5

Marketing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at STV.

The process started out fine. Interviewed with the recruiter, then met with the Managing Editor and another Marketing Editor who gave a very professional interview that made me very interested in working for the company - they were fantastic. Then met with the National Director who asked very odd questions that did not pertain to anything. Took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions included asking me to choose 3 words to describe myself and to rate my abilities on a scale of 1-10 (cause people say anything less than 10?). Wouldn't have been shocked if I was asked to pick which color best represents me.   View Answer
    Was presented with an offer that the National Director had cut by almost $10,000 below the number I had already agreed to during the original negotiation. I have since learned that agreeing to a number and then low-balling at the end happens a lot there.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at STV in March 2009.

I was placed in by a well known temp agency. The Creative Directors were astonished by my work and the IT staff welcomed my input.

Interview Questions
    • If I could deal with the outdated systems compared to my previous jobs?   View Answer
    There is none.

Administrative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at STV in January 2013.

The hiring and interview process was great. I found the STV management team and HR team to be responsive, transparent, and positive. I had a phone interview and an in-person interview. The team was flexible and knowledgeable. I was also impressed that my interviewer (now boss) asked very thought provoking questions about what I really wanted out of the position and long-term career goals. Any follow-up questions I had were answered quickly and thoroughly. This was a very positive overall experience.

Interview Questions
    • I cant recall a specific question, but I remember that the interviewers asked challenging questions regarding the reason behind my looking for other employment and leaving current company.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was very positive. I negotiated directly with my boss. It was not uncomfortable to negotiate at all.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at STV in September 2011.

I felt very welcome the moment I entered the reception area at STV. The hiring and interview process was straight forward. I was called back twice and within a matter of 3 weeks was made an offer. I had another offer at the same time, but it did not allow for a new career path and STV did, so I chose STV and am happy with the decision I have made.

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions, I was asked specific questions about the job being offered and the requirements they had for the person who would fill it. I answered honestly and was thrilled when the position was offered to me.   Answer Question

I declined because STV offered me a new career path, which I am eagerly pursuing now. The other company did not and I would have remained in the same role with the same expectations. That outcome was not attractive to me, so opted for a new beginning with STV.

Buildings and Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at STV in December 2011.

A very personable recruiter sought me out and told me about a job opportunity with STV's Buildings and Facilities department in their Manhattan office. I was interviewing for another similar position but told them I would be interested in speaking with them as well and comparing opportunities.
    When I returned from my other interview (which required travel), I came up to NYC and met with two people in the department. The questions were not difficult and I felt very comfortable.
    A couple weeks passed but my recruiter was great. He always got back to me whenever I checked in. He ended up setting me up on a second interview with someone in upper management. When I came back in, I ended up meeting a couple more people in the department. Again, it was very informative and comfortable. I was offered the job on the spot.
    The second part of the application is long (online), but my recruiter didn't have me do it until we were pretty far along in the process.
    The offer letter took a little time to come through, but I'm told the policy has since changed so that they can go out more quickly.

I was quite happy with their offer so I did not negotiate.
    Be up front in the first place about what you are looking for.

Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at STV in February 2012.

Had an employee referral + met them at Campus Career Fair. They set up an interview a couple of weeks after the career fair. Panel consisted of Project Manager and his Boss. An intersection LOS problem was presented to see how the interviewee thinks though a problem. Interview went okay. I was surprised they cancelled lunch after the interview because they were busy. Also, showed me around the office after the interview and introduced me to the employees. Overall, the process was not professional at all - the manner they scheduled the interview and cancelled lunch and they took like a month to respond after the interview. No feedback was given whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • Questions like what are the three important aspects to highway design. Also, an intersection LOS problem   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at STV.

Interview went well. Met with a number of people. Manual process, but very detailed. Strong background check.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work weekends and nights when needed.   View Answer
    Tough but fair

Proposal Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at STV.

Extensive process. Had to provide a lot of past writing samples, which are difficult to retrieve as much is proprietary from former companies. Job duties and responsibilities were misrepresented at interview.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a writing test (correcting a poorly written letter). This was a bit insulting, as the position is not entry level, and the test was geared for a general admin.   Answer Question
    Misrepresented. Verbal agreements were not included in the offer letter, and were not upheld.

Proposal Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at STV in August 2011.

Basic. I asked more questions. After accepting the job, I feel the person who hired me misrepresented themselves.

What negotiation?

Traffic Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at STV in May 2011.

I first had a phone interview with STV in April 2011. The questions were standard and were not hard. A few weeks later I receive an email for a formal interview. The questions were related to my resume and the projects I worked on. A few days later I receive an email asking to meet for coffee by one of the head managers. When I met him, he went over what work they wanted me to do (if they could hire me) and I received no offer. A few days later I ask about my status in June 2011, two months later I finally get a response stating that they did not have enough work for me to do and therefore they couldn't hire me but may be looking to hire in the fall. The fall comes and I ask about this position again and the same manager is rude to me this time and tells me they are looking at their needs.

Interview Questions

Worked for STV? Contribute to the Community!