STV Proposal Manager Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Proposal Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at STV.

Extensive process. Had to provide a lot of past writing samples, which are difficult to retrieve as much is proprietary from former companies. Job duties and responsibilities were misrepresented at interview.

Interview Questions
  • Had to take a writing test (correcting a poorly written letter). This was a bit insulting, as the position is not entry level, and the test was geared for a general admin.   Answer Question
Misrepresented. Verbal agreements were not included in the offer letter, and were not upheld.

Other Interview Reviews for STV

Proposal Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at STV in August 2011.

Basic. I asked more questions. After accepting the job, I feel the person who hired me misrepresented themselves.

What negotiation?

Proposal Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at STV in December 2010.

Three weeks after I submitted my resume, I got a phone call from the Regional Marketing Manager who arranged an interview for the following week (late December 2010). I had to submit a lot of personal information for their background check. I thought it was quite premature and invasive, considering I hadn't been offered the job. At the interview, I had an editing test and a writing test. After that, the Regional Marketing Manager interviewed me. She seemed pleasant at the time and I thought things went well. She explained she would need to get back to me after the Xmas holidays and wouldn't be speaking to me until mid January. In late January, I called her to get a status of my application. She was very rude and seemed too busy to even speak to me. She acted like I was bothering her. I asked her to call me to keep me informed. I sent her a followup e-mail a few weeks later. It's April and she still hasn't contacted me. I can accept that I'm not what STV is looking for, but since when is this dismissive attitude ok in business? It left me with a very poor impression of STV and gave me a glimpse of what it would be like to work at this company.