SThree

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at SThree.

Interview Details – The drill you to see if you crack under pressure then offer yoou the job after a three stage process. IF you think the interview is unprofessional wait until you start the job.

Negotiation Details – Limited

Recruitment Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SThree in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and spoke on the phone a few days later. The recruiter was very pleasant and gave a general overview of the company and the different brands within SThree. I was then asked to have a phone interview with an employee - still unsure what this person's role was in the firm. The person did nothing to explain the position, specific job description, the company, etc. I was immediately turned off by the process that I decided to no longer pursue an opportunity with them. While I understand that it is important to see if a candidate is a potential fit, it is a two-way street. If you are in charge of interviewing, you've got to do a better job at selling the position.

Interview Question – why sales   Answer Question

Interviewed at SThree

Interview Details – Extremely intense interview. Had a full day of interviews followed by a day spent cold calling in the office. The process did not take long and I heard the result of my interview shortly after.

Interview Question – Had to sell them a pen on the spot.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SThree.

Interview Details – This interview process involved 4 steps.

1. Initial talk with the Talent Scout: This will last about 30 mins. This is to get more detail about the position, how you applied, why you are interested and general questions about what you want in a job.

2.Initial interview with Talent Scout: This interview was to tell you about the position and to find out your motives and interests. This interview was to find out if you are interested in what the company is about and what the position consists of. (1 hour)

3. Interview with 2 Managers: I had my interview via Skype because I was unable to come in to the office. But this interview will more than likely occur in the office. The first manager asked a lot about you, your resume and what makes you right for the position. This interview was intense and it lasted about 1 hour and 30 mins. The second manager interview was a role play and more review of your resume. This interview isn't as much as into detail as the first manager. You will be asked questions about your interests and the company. Then you will be expected to sale something to the manager. This interview lasted about an hour.

4. This is the most intense part. You go into the office for an entire day. You will shadow a manager, you will be expected to call candidates and obtain the information the company wants you to get. After that, you will go to lunch with a member of the team and you can ask ANY questions you want. This is kind of like an interview but a little more informal. After that you get an hour to yourself, either practice on your presentation, get coffee, do homework, anything you want really. After that you make a 10 minute presentation (pretty easy) then a 2 hour interview with the director, the managers you interviewed with and potentially the talent scout. The director asks you questions, a lot of them. Be ready to answer them truthfully, because they do write down things and ask for more details about certain things. BE truthful, be yourself, and you should do good. This process lasted 7 hours.

Interview Question – General interview questions... be ready to be truthful about who you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SThree in April 2014.

Interview Details – They called me just hours after I applied via linkedin to set up a phone interview the next morning. They mostly told me about the company and asked me why I applied. The second interview was also via phone, the next week, and was much harder. They asked a lot about how much money I want to earn, how much money motivates me, why I like sales, etc. They seemed to doubt my interest in sales and really grilled me about wanting the job, because it is apparently very demanding. They then invited me for a third interview, in-person. They called this "assessment day" and it was going to be an all-day group interview with lots of sales challenges and presentations. I decided not to attend.

Interview Question – What is something you want to buy in the next 5 years and how are you going to afford it?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at SThree.

Interview Details – Very professional in the whole process. Was very quick and efficient. Got the interview through college recruiter. First step was a half hour face to face interview, second was a phone interview, and third is a work sample.

Interview Question – Nothing really that difficult. Woman who interviewed me was extremely intimidating and pretentious, and kept stressing their work hard play hard attitude. It was very weird and left a bad taste in my mouth after the whole thing.   View Answer

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Entry Level Recruiter
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SThree.

Interview Details – I saw their posting for an entry level recruiter on indeed.com and saw the managers number at the bottom of the posting so i called. We had a good one hour conversation and she was super sweet and just filled me in on everything the position entailed.I had a secoond interview which went pretty well and was in-person. The I had my final interview which was a presentation and man that was one of the hardest interviews i've ever had! They grilled me.

Still waiting to hear back from them to see if I get the job.

Trainee Recruiter Interview

Trainee Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SThree in April 2013.

Interview Details – done 3 interviews so far and I am currently waiting for the 4th face-face interview. All interviewers seemed really friendly and approachable.

Interview Question – short term goals within the company   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at SThree.

Interview Details – I had a shortened version of their standard (and very lengthy) interview process. I was contacted by an internal recruiter initially, and we set up a time to talk.

1) Phone interview with the internal recruiter. About an hour long.
2) Phone interview with the hiring manager. About an hour long.
3) 10 minute presentation followed by an hour and half face-to-face interview with 3 managers.

Be prepared to ask meaningful questions and to understand how their company truly differs from the rest. The managers asked a lot of tough questions in the final round, but I was still able to laugh and joke around a bit during the process.

The atmosphere in the office was lively. Everyone seemed to be friends, and they were all pretty young.

Interview Question – Compared to what our competitors can offer you, how do you know that you want to work for this company specifically?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SThree in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first stage was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with two managers. After making it through the first two rounds I prepared a presentation for 3-4 Sthree employees. After the twenty minute presentation the panel asked both job related and personal questions. More than one questions addressed my ethnicity in regards to my last name. To put it bluntly the ethnicity of my last name does not match the way I look. I know they had no bad intentions and I believe they made this mistake because they spent the majority of their careers in the UK where such questions may not be strictly band from interviews. However, the fact that my ethnic origins were even brought up at all during an interview really turned me off to the company. If I had received an offer I would have declined.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Worked for SThree? Contribute to the Community!