SThree

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.2

Entry Level Recruiting Position Interview

Submit resume to their talent acquisition team. 30 minute Skype interview with one of the Team Managers: requires going over resume, asking questions, getting to know the company, a lot of chit chat. On Site interview that was a 3 hour long process of providing a presentation based on company proposal created on your own and then bombarded with questions (at times a bit blunt) for the rest of the time. Possibly invited for another follow up for a hands on experience in the office.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with the VP and 3 Team Managers is most intense process I have experienced.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SThree in October 2014.

Applied through a career services website. Quick response asking for available times for a phone interview. After replying with my availability (which covered the week) they failed to schedule a time to talk. They decided to call me during a listed availability time but, it was 6 days later and I had already scheduled another interview. Easily the most unprofessional consulting company I've interviewed with so far. After talking with them for a short time they decided to email me a pamphlet about the company. They then asked that if I was still interested to call them back with any questions I had and with reasons why I was the best candidate for the job.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at SThree.

Seemed simple at the start: apply online, phone screen, on-site. The On-Site was really unprofessional and unnecessarily long. They rejected people in the middle of the interview day and made the whole interviewing group awkward and uncomfortable. The company really prides itself in their self-growth, so they fill most of the interviewing process with videos and filler Q&A sessions - wasting your time and no real direct relation in getting to know you personally. The employees there just seem to be money-oriented and appearance focused. The recruiters there swear, chew gum, check phones, and gossip while the interview process is going on. The interview took literally 6 hours - no lunch provided for a company who thrives on revenue. Just to add, the recruiter told us they'd be in touch by that day or the following day. The recruiter never followed up - no courtesy rejection or acceptance. Overall, a weird interview day - unnecessary grueling hours for Q&A sessions, and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Where else have you applied - specifically how many did you apply to and what were the results of those interviews?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SThree.

The drill you to see if you crack under pressure then offer yoou the job after a three stage process. IF you think the interview is unprofessional wait until you start the job.

Limited

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Extremely intense interview. Had a full day of interviews followed by a day spent cold calling in the office. The process did not take long and I heard the result of my interview shortly after.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SThree in May 2014.

I got in contact with them through a career fair and corresponded over email to get an in-person interview. I interviewed with three people and it went well. They said they would get in touch with me the next day to tell me if I would move on in the process but they never contacted me. After my initial thank you emails, I sent another one a couple days later asking for an update and they never responded. Disappointing and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you remember everyone's name you spoke with and a few key points from each conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SThree.

This interview process involved 4 steps.

1. Initial talk with the Talent Scout: This will last about 30 mins. This is to get more detail about the position, how you applied, why you are interested and general questions about what you want in a job.

2.Initial interview with Talent Scout: This interview was to tell you about the position and to find out your motives and interests. This interview was to find out if you are interested in what the company is about and what the position consists of. (1 hour)

3. Interview with 2 Managers: I had my interview via Skype because I was unable to come in to the office. But this interview will more than likely occur in the office. The first manager asked a lot about you, your resume and what makes you right for the position. This interview was intense and it lasted about 1 hour and 30 mins. The second manager interview was a role play and more review of your resume. This interview isn't as much as into detail as the first manager. You will be asked questions about your interests and the company. Then you will be expected to sale something to the manager. This interview lasted about an hour.

4. This is the most intense part. You go into the office for an entire day. You will shadow a manager, you will be expected to call candidates and obtain the information the company wants you to get. After that, you will go to lunch with a member of the team and you can ask ANY questions you want. This is kind of like an interview but a little more informal. After that you get an hour to yourself, either practice on your presentation, get coffee, do homework, anything you want really. After that you make a 10 minute presentation (pretty easy) then a 2 hour interview with the director, the managers you interviewed with and potentially the talent scout. The director asks you questions, a lot of them. Be ready to answer them truthfully, because they do write down things and ask for more details about certain things. BE truthful, be yourself, and you should do good. This process lasted 7 hours.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions... be ready to be truthful about who you are.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SThree in April 2014.

They called me just hours after I applied via linkedin to set up a phone interview the next morning. They mostly told me about the company and asked me why I applied. The second interview was also via phone, the next week, and was much harder. They asked a lot about how much money I want to earn, how much money motivates me, why I like sales, etc. They seemed to doubt my interest in sales and really grilled me about wanting the job, because it is apparently very demanding. They then invited me for a third interview, in-person. They called this "assessment day" and it was going to be an all-day group interview with lots of sales challenges and presentations. I decided not to attend.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you want to buy in the next 5 years and how are you going to afford it?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SThree in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and spoke on the phone a few days later. The recruiter was very pleasant and gave a general overview of the company and the different brands within SThree. I was then asked to have a phone interview with an employee - still unsure what this person's role was in the firm. The person did nothing to explain the position, specific job description, the company, etc. I was immediately turned off by the process that I decided to no longer pursue an opportunity with them. While I understand that it is important to see if a candidate is a potential fit, it is a two-way street. If you are in charge of interviewing, you've got to do a better job at selling the position.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SThree.

Very professional in the whole process. Was very quick and efficient. Got the interview through college recruiter. First step was a half hour face to face interview, second was a phone interview, and third is a work sample.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really that difficult. Woman who interviewed me was extremely intimidating and pretentious, and kept stressing their work hard play hard attitude. It was very weird and left a bad taste in my mouth after the whole thing.   View Answer